Albums of the Year 2013

bickster

mainly because im too lazy to go looking for new music most of the time

Then this is the thread for you, sir!

It is, ive got some of the suggestions in here in my watch later list so i dont forget.

Havent got any cool obscure lists mainly because im too lazy to go looking for new music most of the time but ive quite enjoyed AM and Trouble Will Find Me by The National.

Its not about "Cool Obscure Lists", it is simply about what you liked from this year

My comment wasnt a dig btw apologies if its been taken that way, just everyone was posting their fancy lists and i only had 2 fairly well knowns  :P

Anytime I'm in the office and accidentally mention a band or an album in conversation that hasn't been in the Tesco Top Ten I have to qualify it by saying all music is good music and I am not the taste police.

Same goes for books, if it ain't on the 2 for 3 deal, apparently you're a ghey intellectual.

In fact, I actually am the ghey intellectual taste police, and one day, one day, they are all getting a proper old fashioned police kicking.

Poor me.

• Like 1

If you want a list that will cost you hours of your life and possibly half your savings, then go no further than The Quietus

Fast becoming one of my favourite websites.

One of the best lists I've seen. Some really great picks like Omar Souleyman, Fire Orchestra! and The Knife. Got kinda predictable near the end though which is a shame. Bookmarked.

I'm getting old and too busy with work and family.  I've hardly heard of any of those.  :(

Welcome to my world. 

Yep.

This thread is like "who can outdo who with their lists of obscure cds".

I'm getting old and too busy with work and family.  I've hardly heard of any of those.  :(

Welcome to my world. 

Yep.

This thread is like "who can outdo who with their lists of obscure cds".

3rded, 4thd, whatever.

I seem to make do with listening mainly to 6 Music these days.

Getting a loads of CDs bought me for Xmas, incl Agnes Obel, Scroobious Pip, Au Revoir Simone, etc

I have bought 1 or 2 albums this year, and most notable amongst them would be Public Service Broadcasting. Bought Boards of Canada too, which I though was OK, but nothing special.

Anytime I'm in the office and accidentally mention a band or an album in conversation that hasn't been in the Tesco Top Ten I have to qualify it by saying all music is good music and I am not the taste police.

Same goes for books, if it ain't on the 2 for 3 deal, apparently you're a ghey intellectual.

In fact, I actually am the ghey intellectual taste police, and one day, one day, they are all getting a proper old fashioned police kicking.

Poor me.

wait until you tell them you like foreign films, with subtitles and everything  :o

For me:

1. AM - The Arctic Monkeys

2. How To Stop Your Brain In An Accident - Future of the Left

3. Once I Was An Eagle - Laura Marling

4. ...Like Clockwork - Queens of the Stone Age

5. Amok - Atoms for Peace

6. Shaking the Habitual - The Knife

7. Holy Fire - Foals

8. Our Science is Golden - Exit_International

9. Reflektor - Arcade Fire

10. Push the Sky Away - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Hmmm, not trying to be obscure with the cheaterslicks, my world is rockabilly and country, cheaterslicks arent that obscure and one of my other favourites is Blake Sheltons and that isnt obscure in the slightest.

My Album of the Year is the Same as every year since its realease. 

Dream Theater's "Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory" 

The Mary Poppins of Prog Metal Albums. 

Except Awake is better ;)

I'd actually agree that on the face of it....but Scenes has more personal significance to me that Awake does. 

Â