Monster Magnet - Last Patrol

Scott Stapp - Proof of Life

Boston - Life Love & Hope

Leslie West - Still Climbing

Buckcherry - Confessions

Fave from that lot - Monster Magnet

Let down of the year: Jimmy eat World - Damage

Most of the stuff I've bought this year has been old vinyl via Ebay

AM has to be my favourite album from this year, absolutely love it, it's definitely Arctic Monkeys' best album imo.

Modern Vampires of the City by Vampire Weekend was also very good, didn't like it at first as it wasn't what I was expecting, but after a few listens I realised how good it was, it's lyrically brilliant.

Also, a bit of an obscure one, and probably the only band I know that isn't "mainstream", Area 11 - All the Lights in the Sky, a band that style themselves as "Gaijin-Rock", a great and really catchy debut album.

Random Access Memories was a real disappointment for me, I thought I was going to love it but I just couldn't listen all the way through. I might give it another try sometime, but albums don't tend to grow on me with the exception of Humbug, but I'd put that down to the fact Arctic Monkeys are my favourite band, so I've go little hope for RAM.

Random Access Memories was a real disappointment for me

i agree, bought in to the hype and the fact that get lucky was a great song, the rest of the album is ok at best with some proper crap on there too IMO and now get lucky has been played to death

also disappointed by chase and status, haim, and im still not sold on reflektor

Must admit 99% of bands mentioned on here int heard of myself. Stuck and very happy in the past

Being stuck in the past has nothing to do with not recognising most of the bands in here :D
are these bands not that well known then?

Not most of them, no.

Lots of people on here seem to know them, but I imagine if you asked the average bloke on the street (and I include myself) they wouldn't have heard of 90% of the bands mentioned here.

Edited by Stevo985

The Foals then Nick Cave and then AM.

On the subject of obscure. I have spent many hours going through some of the recommendations on here, many have been miles away from my taste but every now and then I find a gem that keeps me happy for months.  

• Like 1

Â