White? Wealthy? Male?

chrisp65

This isn't meant to stir up trouble, it isn't meant to cause silly shouting matches. Though I can see how we might get there within three posts.

It's hopefully going to provide interesting links to lots of thought provoking pieces on what it is to be you / me / us and how we all perceive the world around us.

Anybody contributing must agree that they will join in a group hug once the topic has run it's course, as we are all one love.

So, if you had to be one, but only one, of these things, which would it be. Which would give you the best life chances?

WHITE?

WEALTHY?

MALE?

My first guess, and I'm open to having my opinion changed, is that wealthy is the best option here.

A white woman who has tried and failed to become wealthy might choose to be male, or black.

A black man who has tried and failed to become wealthy might choose to be white, or a woman.

A white man who has tried and failed to become wealthy might choose to be black, or a woman.

A black woman who has tried and failed to become wealthy might choose to be male, or white.

Etc.

We all like to blame our failings on accidents of birth - it's much easier to accept than acknowledge our failings.

(Although that's not to say that it isn't harder for women and black people for **** up social reasons)

• Like 4

Wealth. If you're wealthy to begin with you don't really have to worry about not being the other two. The other two would likely help if you're starting out with no wealth though, although I think/hope that's less of an advantage now than it was.

Health is the Nr 1. Just look at Stephen Hawking.

Surely Hawking proves the opposite? He didn't need his health to become one of the most eminent scientists of all time. 

only cause he failed at being a basketball player though

• Like 1

If the choice is one of three then it's all about the money for life chances. Being white and male doesn't mean shit without a healthy bank balance.

For quality of life it's clear better to be a chick, stay in bed all door and make full use of that god given leisure cente. Multiple orgasms, who really needs anything else?

Surely wealthy because then as Michael Jackson proved you can then pay money and make yourself white

see, I had a version of that in my original opener, but took it out 'cos I couldn't express it in that few words

respec'

This isn't meant to stir up trouble, it isn't meant to cause silly shouting matches. Though I can see how we might get there within three posts.

It's hopefully going to provide interesting links to lots of thought provoking pieces on what it is to be you / me / us and how we all perceive the world around us.

Anybody contributing must agree that they will join in a group hug once the topic has run it's course, as we are all one love.

So, if you had to be one, but only one, of these things, which would it be. Which would give you the best life chances?

WHITE?

WEALTHY?

MALE?

My first guess, and I'm open to having my opinion changed, is that wealthy is the best option here.

Why no female option?

Health is the Nr 1. Just look at Stephen Hawking.

Surely Hawking proves the opposite? He didn't need his health to become one of the most eminent scientists of all time.

only cause he failed at being a basketball player though

**** brilliant at being a robot though, I know which one I'd chose.

• Like 2

Â