2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

I think Clichy is a bit naff, but leaving Nasri out makes no sense.

to be fair to Deschamps, I thought his explanation as to why he left Nasri out was very good.

I tip my cap to him.

What was his explanation?

Di Santo over Icardi!? WAT!?

Basically said he acknowledged that Nasri was a good player.

But said that whilst he was starting for City, he wasn't a certain starter for the French side. He'd have had him in the squad but that in the past, Nasri has shown a poor attitude when not in the starting XI and he didn't want that in the squad.

Not saying I agree with him, but I thought it was a good explanation. And shows balls dropping a big star for the greater good.

and then he brought Evra and Ribery who have a worse attitude than Nasri, why didn't he just bring Anelka out of retirement to make it worse :D

French coach Deschamps is going to file a lawsuit against Nasri's girlfriend for her twitter comments. Anyone else think this is a slight over reaction?

It's also going to be hard for Nasri to play for his national team again while Deschamps is still manager.

French coach Deschamps is going to file a lawsuit against Nasri's girlfriend for her twitter comments. Anyone else think this is a slight over reaction?

It's also going to be hard for Nasri to play for his national team again while Deschamps is still manager.

Idiotic move is this is true. Now this will hang over the team and be a burden on them, when he could have simply ignored it.

Another French implosion is in the works  :lol:

• Like 1

:crylaugh:

Three-minute water breaks planned for certain matches in which broadcasters can screen adverts from FIFA's partners.

"ITV maintained on Friday that they had “yet to decide” whether to sell ads during games" (Mirror, 2014)

However, from their POV I am struggling to see why they would not

Deschamps is really going to do this? Controversy doesn't follow France, they make it themselves. This is just silly. An angry girlfriend should be nowhere near his concerns especially now. Just let it pass. 

• Like 1

Holland playing Ecuador tonight. Not the strongest team but not the weakest either. 1-1 at the moment. A few players are getting knocked about by Ecuador, hopefully it will run off.

Lahm should be fit after todays knock and substitution in the DFB final, Hooray for the Germans!

Although I seem to recall Wiltshire having that innocuous injury, that lasted for months and months even though they suggested only days out, though he is a little bit delicate mind. 

"I have just spoken with Philipp Lahm on the phone. We assume he will be at 100 per cent on Wednesday when we, as a national squad, meet up.”- Low (Goal)

Holland playing Ecuador tonight. Not the strongest team but not the weakest either. 1-1 at the moment. A few players are getting knocked about by Ecuador, hopefully it will run off.