BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013

The_Rev

The shortlist is going to be announced tonight and guessing who is going to be on that is probably going to be more interesting than guessing who is going to win. Unless I'm missing something fairly obvious, Andy Murray is absolutely nailed to win it, isn't he? 

PRt521a.jpg

First British winner of Wimbledon in eight thousand years or something. 

Who else though? 

Chris Froome - Tour de France winner. 

Mo Farah - 5k and 10k gold medals at the world athletics championships and nicest man in sport. 

Gareth Bale - Token footballer. Great season, world record transfer. 

Ian Bell - man of the series in the 2013 Ashes. 

Yes its going to be Murray. Farah must be the unluckiest sportsman because he probably should have won it last year with the 5k and 10k double and doing the same in the world championships. Any other era of sport he'd have won it. 

Yes its going to be Murray. Farah must be the unluckiest sportsman because he probably should have won it last year with the 5k and 10k double and doing the same in the world championships. Any other era of sport he'd have won it. 

To be fair, you could probably say the same about Murray winning it last year.

A gold and a silver medal, a Wimbledon Final and the first male British Grand Slam winner since 1936. That would be easily enough to win it in any "normal" year

Gotta be Murray.

And even though I like the bloke, that'll surely be the dullest "personality" to ever win it?

Nobody could out dull Michael Owen, surely?

Edit: I didn't read the later posts, so just a second vote for MO!

Edited by thetrees

Gotta be Murray.

And even though I like the bloke, that'll surely be the dullest "personality" to ever win it?

not even close. Michael Owen won it in 2001

Nigel Mansell says Hi :wave:

Â