Sergio Aguero

VillaChris

What a total class act this lad is.

Probably one of my favourite neutral players to watch in the league, a genuine world class player in the premier league.Had an explosive first season in the premier league culminating in the famous title winning goal but dipped a bit last season.

Right back into the groove this season, his movement and finishing had been divine and he's linking up well with Negredo.

How highly do people rate him? Pellgrini said after the game he was the 3rd best player in the world after the usual two. I wouldn't go that far as he needs a good run with City  in the champions league but he's certainly up there with RVP and Suarez as the best strikers in the premier league.

• Like 1

He is superb. Definitely City's best player and I'd fancy him to be the top scorer in the Premier League this season.  Back to his best after a lot of niggling injury problems last year. 

For £38million you'd expect world class quality, so there is really nothing to see here. He is only doing what they paid the sheikh's money to do.

Ya pretty much this.

Huge money and a top class player way before he joined City.

Proven talent like Silva and Toure.

In terms of finishing, I think he's the best in the world. To put it another way. There's no-one I'd rather have go through one-on-one for my team.

Just look at his goal at Upton Park the other week

In terms of finishing, I think he's the best in the world. To put it another way. There's no-one I'd rather have go through one-on-one for my team.

Just look at his goal at Upton Park the other week

Better than Ronaldo?

Aguero - best creative in-the-box finisher. 

Doesn't score a lot of goals from outside the box 1/10 this year were long shots. 1/12 last year.    This means he is not a Ronaldo (15% goals were long shots last season) or Messi (17%) or Suarez (22%) or Bale (43%).

A typical Aguero play is to make powerful, fast driving run from outside the box into the box. Hard to knock off the ball because he is short and stocky.   Can score from these runs or makes chances for other players. The latter fact distinguishes him from most other in-the-box finishers, who usually aren't creative at all. 

So if you buy Aguero you get a natural finisher, skills, speed, and a creator of goals (usually assists from inside the box). Ronaldo and Messi give you all that plus more goals and passing outside the box, so I would say they are better.

Suarez scores the greatest goals but misses too many comparatively easy chances. Bale has good long shot but lacks technical skills.

Edited by Con

said it for a while, he is the best player in the Premier League. brilliant to watch and seems a likeable guy

though only think I dont like is how he makes that word removed Martin Tyler say his name

I discovered him on FM 2005 :)

I 'discovered' him when he was 16, though he never actually came that good for me.

Edit.

That was an entirely pointless comment. My bad.

Edited by Shillzz

Â