Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

But passing on so called info that then proves to be bollocks isn't very helpful is it ?

A meteorologist might tell us that the sun is coming out tomorrow and I'll be a bit pissed off if pisses down while I'm wearing shorts. Doesn't make them liars, sometimes information is wrong.

Funny how they didn't mention Ryan Bertrand though isn't it? ITK my arse

Oh leave it alone ffs! These are two respectable posters who simply passed on information from a source deemed reliable. The bitter throwing toys out of pram "ITK my arse" jibes are getting old now.

Couldn't agree more JV

No surprise if we don't bring anybody else in, we are in a comfortable position in the league so the urgency is not as desperate as it was a few weeks ago.

Surely the object of a transfer window is to improve not just to sign players when you're worried about relegation. We have a manager who wanted to sign players.

I not disagreeing with you, I'm just going on what Hairy Hands wrote on here. The priority this season is to have a comfortable season then in the summer we can look to sign better quality players. I just hope we set our sights a bit higher than Hoolahan thats all.

Just imagine, if Kozak hadn't have got injured then we would've signed Bertrand on loan and that would have been it.

Look at last January when we were desperate. Some will defend anything.

And some will moan about anything. Not sure why you get the moral high ground when you both lack objectivity.

• Like 1

No surprise if we don't bring anybody else in, we are in a comfortable position in the league so the urgency is not as desperate as it was a few weeks ago.

Surely the object of a transfer window is to improve not just to sign players when you're worried about relegation. We have a manager who wanted to sign players.
The object of the January window is to sign players that can help you towards your goal for that particular season. In our case we're not going down, we won't be going to Europe next season either. So if the players we want aren't available to us, so be it.

I'm glad it's over.

Bit short term thinking. I'm sure when Newcastle signed good players last January they didn't just think about the present season.

It's the exact opposite of short term thinking.

Newcastle were being dragged into a relegation battle. They did something about that, but it meant playing way over the odds.

This is why summer is huge, if Lambert isn't backed by Lerner (or whoever else may be there), that speaks volumes about the ambition of the board.

Yep, there really is no excuse this summer. The most important thing is for the wages to be increased so we can add quality additions.

• Like 3

The object of the January window is to sign players that can help you towards your goal for that particular season. In our case we're not going down, we won't be going to Europe next season either. So if the players we want aren't available to us, so be it.

I'm glad it's over.

Bit short term thinking. I'm sure when Newcastle signed good players last January they didn't just think about the present season.
It's the exact opposite of short term thinking.

Newcastle were being dragged into a relegation battle. They did something about that, but it meant playing way over the odds.

Who was way over the odds? And its helped them get off to a good start this year. Who would have thought signing quality players could help?

Rather than directing our frustrations at respected posters on here or a manager that is working with both hands tied, why not vent at the source of the problem? I'll say it quietly so not to have insults thrown at me.

the chairman.

This is why summer is huge, if Lambert isn't backed by Lerner (or whoever else may be there), that speaks volumes about the ambition of the board.

Yep, there really is no excuse this summer. The most important thing is for the wages to be increased so we can add quality additions.

Disagree, it's not about the wages.  You can get reasonable talent for 40-50k, we don't need to be pushing any higher than that imo.  However, what is needed is actual talent.  As I've said many times, we've got an actual squad in place now so any purchases should be quality rather than quantity.

I've been completely behind the clear out of high wages and bringing in cheap players but, as I've also said before, this summer is the time to add some proper players.

• Like 1

It's all over chaps. Mat Kendrick reporting...

"Villa's club doctor and physios travelled up to Merseyside with the squad ahead of Saturday's match at Everton, because there is no prospect of medicals for any new players taking place this evening."

Apologies if this has already been discussed, please disregard if so, but I aint reading though the last 50 pages!

If we do genuinely have an option to buy in Bertrand's contract then I'd consider this January to be acceptable. I like the look of him.

Very sensible post that,

Didnt someone official confirm that? Or did i just dream it?

Doubt its in the loan agreement but i dont think chelsea see him as their long term left back and so he will be available at some point, thing is will bigger clubs be interested? From what i've seen, yes.

If you want me to stop preaching, PM me. What was it you and Richard said 'All ye of little faith'? Mwwwhaaaa

You never preach when you shine the Gent's shoes? Strange. Hell, keep preaching baby, you mean nothing to me anyway. If you want to continue abusing and labeling me and Richard for sharing information, go for it champ... chump. 

But passing on so called info that then proves to be bollocks isn't very helpful is it ?

A meteorologist might tell us that the sun is coming out tomorrow and I'll be a bit pissed off if pisses down while I'm wearing shorts. Doesn't make them liars, sometimes information is wrong.

Funny how they didn't mention Ryan Bertrand though isn't it? ITK my arse

mate you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not saying your wrong. All I am saying is that there are some very respected posters on here that do not post for effect, so its my opinion that maybe they recieved info that they believed to be correct as opposed to seeking attention. Just my opinion pal..

I totally respect your opinion mate, but why don't they just post the players in question. When the fans have complained in the last few days that nothing will be happening, we keep getting 'All ye of little faith' and stupid riddles, as if they know something big is going to happen. It's ridiculous. Surely they would have had a hint that a new defender (Bertrand) was coming, yet nothing at all was mentioned.

It's all over chaps. Mat Kendrick reporting...

"Villa's club doctor and physios travelled up to Merseyside with the squad ahead of Saturday's match at Everton, because there is no prospect of medicals for any new players taking place this evening."

Apologies if this has already been discussed, please disregard if so, but I aint reading though the last 50 pages!

Yes just saw it. Confirms what we've known really.

Â