Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I always thought football was about winning and competition. I know that's what appealed to me and what made me fall in love with it. There seems to be a growing number of fans who care more about a billionaire looking after his pennies than anything else. Its professional sport.

"I want a really wealthy businessman to run my football club and not care about the business side of it because it's just sport" is an incredibly naive way to think about it.

Also, winning and competition? With Aston Villa? :D

Err Big John doesn't want a sugar daddy to spunk money on players, no no just for Villa to be run properly.... Honest.

I'd love a sugar daddy to do a man city with us. But I'd be happy enough if we were run as a competitive club in the top league rather than survive on the cheap.

You enjoy striving for mediocrity so you can cheer on that billionaire and moan at fans.

That's a whole trainload of WTF there!

How can you possibly think that the people who take you up on the feasibility/usefullness/wiseness of spending big at a time when we are still not finished cutting back are "striving for mediocrity so you can cheer on that billionaire and moan at fans"?

The mind boggles, the club has been losing money year on year for a while now, the shortfall coming from RL's pocket after he'd already bankrolled MON's quite pricey attempt at the top 4.

How does saying that mean I'm cheering on a billionaire? 

Taking people up on constant sniping at how the club is run, when it looks like things are finally on the up again, is not moaning at the fans, it's a reaction to reading in multiple threads on a daily basis about how much of a cockbangle RL is and how we lack ambition, and how far we've fallen etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, again this should all be int eh Lerner thread and not in here!

IMO, if we don't get anyone in we'll be ok and we can have a look again in the summer and prepare well for then.

I'm guessing Gentleman and Richard are feeling very sheepish 

Not really chap,  in fact I'm struggling to actually give a flying fig.

I was privvy to something I felt was quite positive,  passed on that positivity on what is actually a transfer SPECULATION thread and if it happens then brilliant,  if it doesn't then brilliant as I'm still supporting Villa

But I tell you what it does mean,  it does mean mistakes have been learned in terms of future posting.  I could do without the agro and abuse and PMs to be fair from what was me trying to pass on a bit of positivity,  wont make that mistake again.  Those serious souls can wallow in their despair and then complain that nothing exciting ever happens or gets spoken about the club

We aint all like that Richard.Seeing as it doesn't look to be happening,can you elaborate what you were privvy to.

• Like 1

So with nothing much to discuss we turn on eachother? Got to love villa fans

oh **** off and *******, you ****** ****** ;)

Come on then, outside 10 minutes, just need to find my fighting gloves

They're where you left them. In your purse.

*shadowboxing*

• Like 1

I always thought football was about winning and competition. I know that's what appealed to me and what made me fall in love with it. There seems to be a growing number of fans who care more about a billionaire looking after his pennies than anything else. Its professional sport.

"I want a really wealthy businessman to run my football club and not care about the business side of it because it's just sport" is an incredibly naive way to think about it.

Err Big John doesn't want a sugar daddy to spunk money on players, no no just for Villa to be run properly.... Honest.
I'd love a sugar daddy to do a man city with us. But I'd be happy enough if we were run as a competitive club in the top league rather than survive on the cheap.

You enjoy striving for mediocrity so you can cheer on that billionaire and moan at fans.

I've read some funny posts but this one takes the cake for incredible snobbery.

Must be lonely in your ivory castle looking down at us commoners

Snobbery? For wanting the club to do well over being happy a billionaire is financially ok. If you say so.

Heard the same rubbish for the past 3 years.

Snobbery for thinking that the rest of us who don't immediately want to do a man city are "striving for mediocrity."

What a load of shit.

• Like 4

So with nothing much to discuss we turn on eachother? Got to love villa fans

oh **** off and *******, you ****** ****** ;)

Come on then, outside 10 minutes, just need to find my fighting gloves

They're where you left them. In your purse.

*shadowboxing*

Well you know, you need a purse when yo momma keeps overpaying me ;)

• Like 2

The question is where should we be, our average attendance is mid table so anything above that is punching above our weight. On the other hand spurs have around the same attendance yet keep pushing for CL football every year.

Its not black or white. The chairman has made mistakes that we are paying for now. If he doesn't intend to sell and wants us to be run properly then we can push into the top 6 given enough time.

Edited by jasoncb

Snobbery? For wanting the club to do well over being happy a billionaire is financially ok. If you say so.

Snobbery for thinking that the rest of us who don't immediately want to do a man city are "striving for mediocrity."

What a load of shit.

It's okay, BJ10 is a superfan whilst the rest of us are playing catchup.

He even knows who we played last week AND who we have next, I for one can only strive for such status

• Like 1

How can you possibly think that the people who take you up on the feasibility/usefullness/wiseness of spending big

Its like you just make things up. Surely its not hard to accept there's an in between of spending shit loads and grant golt and Bertrand on loan? Is it that strange a concept? Is it that unlikely?

Taking people up on constant sniping at how the club is run, when it looks like things are finally on the up again, is not moaning at the fans

Agreed. You should read some of villaforever1970 posts when he is moaning at fans. My post was to him not everyone who disagrees with those that question the owner.

IMO, if we don't get anyone in we'll be ok and we can have a look again in the summer and prepare well for then.

I think we probably will be OK and I'm sure I'll read this same message on august 31st regardless of what happens.

I'm guessing Gentleman and Richard are feeling very sheepish 

Not really chap,  in fact I'm struggling to actually give a flying fig.

I was privvy to something I felt was quite positive,  passed on that positivity on what is actually a transfer SPECULATION thread and if it happens then brilliant,  if it doesn't then brilliant as I'm still supporting Villa

But I tell you what it does mean,  it does mean mistakes have been learned in terms of future posting.  I could do without the agro and abuse and PMs to be fair from what was me trying to pass on a bit of positivity,  wont make that mistake again.  Those serious souls can wallow in their despair and then complain that nothing exciting ever happens or gets spoken about the club

Not being funny mate, i always used to respect what you posted, but you have made yourself look a bit stupid. Saying things like 'Keep the faith' and these supposed top secret 'pm's'. It is just looking for attention really. We all know Hairy Hands was the only real ITK on here.

• Like 1

The question is where should we be, our average attendance is mid table so anything above that is punching above our weight. On the other hand spurs have around the same attendance yet keep pushing for CL football every year.

Its not black or white. The chairman has made mistakes that we are paying for now. If he doesn't intend to sell and wants us to be run properly then we can push into the top 6 given enough time.

A season ticket at spurs costs at least twice as much as ours though

What a load of shit.

Sorry was my post aimed at everyone or one particular poster?

Have a read next time.

Also, winning and competition?  With Aston Villa? :D

fair enough about running the club at a profit, but in this day and age you have to spend in the prem. The sooner lerner moves on the better. I think all villa fans appreciate what he has done for the club but if hes not willing to spend then he shouldn't be here.

They just wanted the attention and to feel important. Bless them

You must live a sheltered life, I feel sorry for you.

Gentleman, why are you having a go at other people, when it was you that got your 'supposed' info wrong? All these riddles and secret pm's, and you and Richard saying to the fans 'All ye of little faith' has made you look like attention seeking fools.

• Like 1

if hes not willing to spend then he shouldn't be here.

I think the point he's trying to get to is where HE doesn't have to spend, and the club is generating enough money to cover wages and transfer fees. That's a pretty reasonable place to want to be

• Like 1

What a load of shit.

It's okay, BJ10 is a superfan whilst the rest of us are playing catchup.

He even knows who we played last week AND who we have next, I for one can only strive for such status

Don't worry I'm sure you can tell me Randy's favourite colour and the names of his children. That's great support we well.

Just finished an exam, and come back to 17 new pages. An update from anyone would be greatly appreciated

You have missed absolutely nothing

Not so, there has been some top drawer petty squabbling on here.  Scaling back through all the pages is highly advised.

Â