Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Seems odd that Sky's Villa correspondent would say we're all done for today. Surely he wants us to be glued to Sky to get regular updates throughout the day?

the weather is shite. Probably just wants to get to the boozer like me!

We all do KHV, we all do....

This. I'm not working today and the idea to go the pub is very tempting. But I've got other plans for the night.

Right lets play a game.

I am Randy Lerner. I have invested £200m+ into Aston Villa. I've paid off 3 managers in 3 seasons, and now (I think) have the manager that suits my agenda. After a horrorshow last season my club is now comfortably sat 10th in the league.

Explain to me why I should invest more money into Aston Villa today.

Well firstly I don't think your past **** ups are relevant reasons as to not to spend now. Also as 'the plan' is to spend what we can afford, we could build on our 10th place, finish higher up in the league and secure more TV revenue. With a world cup coming up in the summer we could find an increase in fees and wage demands of some of our targets and finally it gives players a chance to bed in and allows the team to have a better chance of starting stronger next season.

Lerner will give us another £20m in the summer and hopefully Lambert spends it on 2 or 3 quality additions but spending more in the January window never seemed likely.

Right lets play a game.

I am Randy Lerner. I have invested £200m+ into Aston Villa. I've paid off 3 managers in 3 seasons, and now (I think) have the manager that suits my agenda. After a horrorshow last season my club is now comfortably sat 10th in the league.

Well firstly I don't think your past **** ups are relevant reasons as to not to spend now. Also as 'the plan' is to spend what we can afford, we could build on our 10th place, finish higher up in the league and secure more TV revenue. With a world cup coming up in the summer we could find an increase in fees and wage demands of some of our targets and finally it gives players a chance to bed in and allows the team to have a better chance of starting stronger next season.

Of course his past **** ups are relevant! It's not a **** game, it's real money that he has spent. That's money down the drain that he has lost, whether that's his own fault or not is a whole other matter.

• Like 1

Right lets play a game.

The problem "John" is that the club does not spend what it can afford. The club consistantly makes a loss.

I am also unconvinced by the arguement a World Cup increases the fees and wage demands of all players. Only those that do well.

Pre-season training is an issue for the manager.

• Like 1

Right lets play a game.

Ok, let's say you have 10 apples, you give Aston Villa 2 apples. Aston Villa gives those 2 apples to a bunch of average footballers whose wage demands mean you lose a further apple every year unless you sort it out. You then do manage to find someone to sort it out for you, but it takes 2 years. 

How many apples have you got left?

Has Mat Kendrick said anything yet?

Right lets play a game.

Ok, let's say you have 10 apples, you give Aston Villa 2 apples. Aston Villa gives those 2 apples to a bunch of average footballers whose wage demands mean you lose a further apple every year unless you sort it out. You then do manage to find someone to sort it out for you, but it takes 2 years. 

Alberquerque.

• Like 2

Right lets play a game.

Of course his past **** ups are relevant! It's not a **** game, it's real money that he has spent. That's money down the drain that he has lost, whether that's his own fault or not is a whole other matter.

So we fans should suffer because the owner made mistakes. Forgive me for not worrying that a billionaire might lose some money.

• Like 1

Right lets play a game.

Are sky TV giving me a load of apples each year?

Right lets play a game.

Are sky TV giving me a load of apples each year?

Yes...but the average footballers are eating them....and the extra apples Randy puts in from his own orchard.

Â