Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

What has happened with him at Spurs?  Barely even got a look in but looked like a quality player at Schalke.  Reckon he just needs a fresh start or hasn't adapted to the physical style of the Premier League (cliché ahoy!)?

Would love to see him given a chance at Villa but I think he'll have better offers...

Same as Lamela, Sigurdsson, Chadli and Capoue. Holtby hasn't been given a fair chance due to the number of of midfielders available for selection.
Never a run of games in same position and role. Always chopping and changing.

Mostly coming on as a sub, changing position from game to game, playing in Europa League then immediately dropped for the league, complete system change from AVB to Sherwood.

It hasn't been easy for this group of players to show their abilities this season. Proves there's a downside to having the luxuary of a huge squad as well.

Hardly any Spurs fan want to see Holtby leave on a permanent deal, it's clear he's a quality player that will shine as soon as he settle, and many want to wait untill the summer in case there'll be a managerial change again so that the new guy will have an opportunity to have a look at Holtby before making a final decision. Already a crowd favourite due to his passion for the game, club and Premier League.

Work rate and skill level is excellent - but has looked a bit of a headless chicken at times. Will come good if he stays on in the Premier League, but his Spurs career doesn't look too good at the moment.

Tim Sherwood want to get rid of a couple of players to balance out the squad, but it seem mental to toss Holtby away at a cheap price when there's a loan offer from Dortmund that could raise his value significantly.

Loan deal at Villa would be perfect in my opinion, needs a run of Premier League games to settle and prove himself. Think he'd excell and reign the Villa midfield from the go.

Definitely available for a permanent transfer, cheap transfer fee but high wage.

• Like 2

If Spurs want 11 million for Capoue who they only signed for 9 6 months ago.  I can imagine they want a higher fee for a better player like Holtby.

rather we didnt do business with Spurs as never ends good for us

Says me ;-) Watch this space!

Well the sh1t hasnt said anything to me about it, other than 2 days ago there was nothing in it.  Probably scared i'll put it on here. 

By the way he played as a number 10 at Torquay.  When he went to Bournemouth they moved him to a holding role.

Interesting, what kind of a Midfielder is he? Box to Box? Defensive or an attacking mid? If we got him and Hoolahan then that's not too bad really! He's 24 so he's not a rookie from the lower leagues. (over 150 games for Torquay and Bournemouth).

No he isn't. They don't want to pay the €6m asking price.

Just now read that from Bild, mental. If Schalke sell Draxler to Arsenal then I imagine they will buy him back but for now I can't see that happening.

€6m is what, £4.5m? Maybe his wage demands are too high.

His wages are believed to be rather high, was in a good negotiation position when he joined Spurs as his contract was expiring and only cost £1.5m despite being rated as a £10m player.

.Reckon 60-70k

Direct replacement for Ireland then who was on similar wages.

No he isn't. They don't want to pay the €6m asking price.

Just now read that from Bild, mental. If Schalke sell Draxler to Arsenal then I imagine they will buy him back but for now I can't see that happening.

€6m is what, £4.5m? Maybe his wage demands are too high.

His wages are believed to be rather high, was in a good negotiation position when he joined Spurs as his contract was expiring and only cost £1.5m despite being rated as a £10m player.

.Reckon 60-70k

Direct replacement for Ireland then who was on similar wages.

And completely piss off all the other players instantly. good move.

• Like 1

Would love us to get Holtby on loan. What about Sigurdsson Rosenthal, you reckon he's in Sherwood's plans?

And what is the Spurs obsession with always signing so many midfield players, you're constantly signing 4-5 new ones each season...without actually selling the old ones.

Our objective to lower the wage bill has been (almost) completed... so let's just undo all of that by signing players on £60-70k/week again.  Yes :D

Eventually if we are to compete again with the top 6 then the wage bill will have to creep up again. Probably after likes of Given, Hutton and Bent have departed though.

• Like 1

Well if the transfer fee is low, he could be offered a signing fee and lower wages. Amounts to the same thing, but looks better to the other players (you'd think).

Also more sustainable.  If we can afford a one-off fee for signing that's fine.  What you don't want is to tie someone down on huge wages only for shit creek to be 3 years down the line (again).  That's what we've just spent 2 years or so undoing after all...

• Like 2

Your reputation and your balls are on the line, Jim.

But you probably know this.

I am aware of this, no reason not to believe it. Next 24HRS will be telling.

• Like 1

Our objective to lower the wage bill has been (almost) completed... so let's just undo all of that by signing players on £60-70k/week again. Yes :D

Almost? Books were balanced, possibly in profit, months ago and we've now sold Ireland.

At some point we're going to have to increase the wages we offer.

Â