Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Heskey howler! Former England striker misses a sitter in Australian A-League game

Emile Heskey is spending the twilight years of his career Down Under with the Newcastle Jets but the striker's shot in an A-League match on Saturday was so far off the mark that it could end up back in Leicester.

The 36-year-old scored seven goals in 62 appearances for England but was never renowned for his delicate touch during his time in the Premier League.

Heskey was gifted with a goal-scoring opportunity against the Central Coast Mariners but the hitman sent his shot way over the bar from 10 yards out.

VIDEO Scroll down to watch Emile Heskey miss a sitter in the Australian A-League

article-2545789-1AF260FE00000578-327_634
icon_camera_90x68.png+4

Doh! Emile Heskey hangs his head in shame after missing a sitter for Australia's Newcastle Jets

The Jets went on to lose the game 3-0 after goals from Anthony Caceres, Matt Simon and Daniel McBreen.

Heskey signed for the Australian club in 2012 after spells in England with Leicester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Wigan and Aston Villa.

The Jets are eight in the ten-team Australian league after 16 matches.

article-2545789-1AF2610E00000578-559_634
icon_camera_90x68.png+4

Incoming! The ball is played across goal to set up hitman Heskey with a golden opportunity

article-2545789-1AF2610A00000578-23_634x
icon_camera_90x68.png+4

Eye on the ball: Heskey lines up his shot against Central Coast Mariners and looks destined to score

article-2545789-1AF2610200000578-721_634
icon_camera_90x68.png+4

Mind your heads! Heskey's shot cannons into row z and his side go on to suffer a 3-0 defeat

He's still got it! Sign him up!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYWH0g__veE

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

So Pennant gets released and people presume we're gonna be in for him if we don't get Hoolahan. Pennant who is a winger instead of Hoolahan who is a Number 10 right ok.....

Used to play left wing didn't he?

Playing players out of position isn't something new for Lambert.

And no i just dread that we might be after him

Edited by sne

So Pennant gets released and people presume we're gonna be in for him if we don't get Hoolahan. Pennant who is a winger instead of Hoolahan who is a Number 10 right ok.....

And no i just dread that me might be after him

Can't see it in the slightest myself.

And no i just dread that me might be after him

Can't see it in the slightest myself.

I very much hope your right

Aston Villa make enquiry into signing Wolves sensation Leigh Griffiths

176453890.jpg?w=650&h=820&crop=1#038;h=1

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has made an enquiry into signing highly-rated striker Leigh Griffiths from League One club Wolves.

Lambert is desperate to add to his forward options before the close of the transfer window, despite already adding Grant Holt from Wigan on-loan.

He has held talks with Barcelona over a deal for talented teenager Jean Marie Dongou, but negotiations have stalled, and attention has turned to Griffiths.

The Scotland striker scored 28 goals during a spell with Hibernian last term – and he has followed that up with 13 strikes already this term for Wolves.

463487121.jpg?w=650&h=432&crop=1#038;h=6Paul Lambert wants to add one more striker (Picture: Getty)

Celtic and Swansea have already confirmed their interest in the 23-year-old, but Villa have asked neighbours Wolves to name their price.

It’s thought that Griffiths is keen to leave for a bigger club, and a fee of around £2million has been mentioned.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/25/aston-villa-make-enquiry-into-signing-wolves-sensation-leigh-griffiths-4276871/?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Aston Villa make enquiry into signing Wolves sensation Leigh Griffiths

176453890.jpg?w=650&h=820&crop=1#038;h=1

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has made an enquiry into signing highly-rated striker Leigh Griffiths from League One club Wolves.

Lambert is desperate to add to his forward options before the close of the transfer window, despite already adding Grant Holt from Wigan on-loan.

He has held talks with Barcelona over a deal for talented teenager Jean Marie Dongou, but negotiations have stalled, and attention has turned to Griffiths.

The Scotland striker scored 28 goals during a spell with Hibernian last term – and he has followed that up with 13 strikes already this term for Wolves.

463487121.jpg?w=650&h=432&crop=1#038;h=6Paul Lambert wants to add one more striker (Picture: Getty)

Celtic and Swansea have already confirmed their interest in the 23-year-old, but Villa have asked neighbours Wolves to name their price.

It’s thought that Griffiths is keen to leave for a bigger club, and a fee of around £2million has been mentioned.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/25/aston-villa-make-enquiry-into-signing-wolves-sensation-leigh-griffiths-4276871/?

Doesn't always start for wolves. Apparently gets homesick. Can't see anything in this one

Â