Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Getting Lescott in would be **** awesome.

I know we really need a solid midfielder, but getting this experience in the back 4 would take so much pressure of our midfielders, that even the current crop might start to flourish.

Lets face it, we know they CAN play, Liverpool being the prime example.

Maybe by improving the defence, we just might also improve the midfield !   

• Like 1

Clark is better then Lescott.

Clark could potentially become better than Lescott. 

You're both wrong.

That is why Lescott is on £100k+ a week at the wealthiest club in the league and why Clark is at Aston Villa.

Are you psychic? ITK? :D

""A Premiership club can take players on loan from other Premiership clubs, but only a maximum of two at a time, a maximum of four per season and only during the transfer window".

Not sure where you found that quote, the Premiership was re-branded to the Premier League circa 2005. The rules could have possibly changed since then. Unless its talking about Rugby? or the newly renamed Scottish league?

I would be absolutely delighted if we signed Lescott.

Delighted and then some?  Or just delighted?

:D

Delighted and then some :) I can understand the want for a creative player - they are more exciting and we've been dull to watch most of this year. But without Vlaar we fall apart, it's astonishing. And as we've seen the past two weeks - when we try to play better football than the hoofing crap, we're actually pretty dangerous up front. Going into the window a decent, experienced central defender was my top pick if we were to sign anybody.

Clark is better then Lescott.

Clark could potentially become better than Lescott.

You're both wrong.

That is why Lescott is on £100k+ a week at the wealthiest club in the league and why Clark is at Aston Villa.

so Stephen Irelands on 60k a week, hutton on 30k. suppose their all better than Clark

• Like 1

I'd have Lescott in a heartbeat. No matter how good Okore is or could be he is still very young and will be prone to dips and without Vlaar the others go to pieces. I'd hope he'd take a big pay cut to come to his boyhood heroes give him a 2 1/2 year contract so he has security but seeing as he's been earning £100000 a week for years I doubt he's that short of cash!!

I would be absolutely delighted if we signed Lescott.

Delighted and then some?  Or just delighted?

:D

Delighted and then some :) I can understand the want for a creative player - they are more exciting and we've been dull to watch most of this year. But without Vlaar we fall apart, it's astonishing. And as we've seen the past two weeks - when we try to play better football than the hoofing crap, we're actually pretty dangerous up front. Going into the window a decent, experienced central defender was my top pick if we were to sign anybody.

I'd like a defender too,  and a short term one to cover while Jores gets himself fit and also one like Lescott to actually help Jores get up to speed with premier football may just be ideal.

I hope you are delighted by the end of the window.

unless Lescott comes in permanently its pointless. Let Clark and Vlaar's partnership improve together. He aint doing that bad. Our midfield is whats putting pressure on our defence. Not the other way around.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

I'd like a defender too,  and a short term one to cover while Jores gets himself fit and also one like Lescott to actually help Jores get up to speed with premier football may just be ideal.

I hope you are delighted by the end of the window.

I think signing a player like Lescott, and if I'm allowed to be greedy - a 'number 10' - would lead to us looking up rather than down

• Like 1

unless Lescott comes in permanently its pointless. Let Clark and Vlaar's partnership improve together. He aint doing that bad. Our midfield is whats putting pressure on our defence. Not the other way around.

The problem is we can't rely on Vlaar to be fit.

• Like 2

One other point that should be made concerning the mooted possibility of Lescott coming here on loan.

It would show intent to the players we want to keep (Benteke) and players we might want to sign that the club is finally moving in the right direction.

• Like 1

Â