Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I don't think Norwich will sell Hoolahan unless they fire Houghton. They've already said they wont sell so that's a card they wouldn't be able to play in future transfers as people would see through it. Also, I doubt they sell on deadline day as they wont have time to bring in a replacement or at the very least use the money to strengthen in other areas of the pitch.

I'd gladly be proven wrong though. For ~£2m it's not a bad idea to have someone like him around the club.

According to my source James Milner is coming on loan today :excl:

Although he captained City midweek he can't stand the "glamour" at Manchester City and relishes a relegation dog fight. Welcome back James.

Source

I don't think Norwich will sell Hoolahan unless they fire Houghton. They've already said they wont sell so that's a card they wouldn't be able to play in future transfers as people would see through it. Also, I doubt they sell on deadline day as they wont have time to bring in a replacement or at the very least use the money to strengthen in other areas of the pitch.

I'd gladly be proven wrong though. For ~£2m it's not a bad idea to have someone like him around the club.

If they get rid of Houghton I'd assume it would make Hoolahan a no go, who in their right mind would join a club as a newly appointed manager and sell one of the fans favourite players?

I'm assuming Houghton is giving these comments rejecting his sale to try and get the fans on his side.

we can only have 2 premier league loans...

And we only have 1

is Holte & Bertrand not 2?

Holt is from Wigan, who are in the Championship. We definately can take another on loan, not that I expect that to happen. It'll be Hoolahan at the last second (once Norwich buy a replacement)

Yeah that's correct, so it doesn't impact our ability to loan two Premier League players because he is a Championship player. From Wigan. 

Edit: I'm talking about Grant Holt, to clear up any confusion.

Edited by Phumfeinz

At least that line up looks attacking. Id rather we lose 2-0 and try and attack then lose 2-0 sitting back eventually conceding. A proper midfield destroyer is really blatant.

Very true. :P

But do you mean important?

LOL. Yep. Its almost 2am after a long Friday night drinks session. Woops.

By the way rumours of a second signing possibly today....... interesting indeed.

What have you heard? ITKKK

Just twitter BS. Howard Hodgson who called the Bertrand signing says theres no more signings today but 1 more left in the window. Hoolahan or a back up option if they cant get him.

Did he mention that he sits in the directors' box and he has a boat?

• Like 2

Â