Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Well he'd be better than Baker so we could do worse. But please, please can't we sign some midfielders.

I'm not so sure he would be better. I think both Baker and Clark are good players, but only when playing alongside Vlaar. With Clark & Baker together, it just doesn't seem to work.

To sign Dann he would probably become our top paid Defender, is he that good?

No. He's very meh. But more on the good side of meh than Baker is

16 Jan 2014 22:30
Villa boss rules out moves for Defour and Kiyotake

Paul Lambert says links with midfield duo wide of the mark while Villa continue to wait on bid for playmaker Wes Hoolahan

If ever you needed a line to sum up the current Villa...

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-paul-6521045

Villa boss rules out moves for Defour and Kiyotake

16 Jan 2014 22:30

Paul Lambert says links with midfield duo wide of the mark while Villa continue to wait on bid for playmaker Wes Hoolahan

That 2 good midfielders off the list then...

So where has this Dann news come from? I can't seem to find any origin.

Strange how Dann and Johnson both did so well with small heath, both got linked with big clubs, but both ended up getting relegated in Johnson's case twice and now both could be battling to avoid another relegation this season. I didn't realise he was only 26 though could be astute buy.

As has been correctly pointed out Dann and Johnson were good for SHA and at one point it was rumoured he was been looked at for Liverpool.

Baker has injuries and is learning his game, Okore isn't to be rushed back so it makes perfect sense if he has the desire to suceed?1

Â