Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

- It's like painting the Golden Gate bridge.

Well the difference being with the Lambert signings is that they aren't crippling the club financially, IF he gets his marching orders anytime soon the next man through the door won't have to do the job he has done again. It's a very different situation now, pretty much all the signings are young and on low wages and will have for the most part a better resale value than the fee paid by the club.

The problem is though that most of Lambert's signings have proven to be crap. At a push only four out 16 Lambert signings would be kept under a new manager, Guzan, Vlaar, Benteke and maybe Bacuna which would mean another squad rebuild. Edited by Morpheus

It's like painting the Golden Gate bridge.

Well the difference being with the Lambert signings is that they aren't crippling the club financially, IF he gets his marching orders anytime soon the next man through the door won't have to do the job he has done again. It's a very different situation now, pretty much all the signings are young and on low wages and will have for the most part a better resale value than the fee paid by the club.

The problem is though that most of Lambert's signings have proven to be crap. At a push only four out 16 Lambert signings would be kept under a new manager, Guzan, Vlaar, Benteke and maybe Bacuna which would mean another rebuild.

Someone has never heard of a squad.

• Like 1

Just edited before I saw your post.

So you reckon then that with 12 games won out of 50 Lambert has purchased a good enough squad. Previous results have already shown that when our first team players are injured in particular Vlaar, results take a nose dive. Funny that.

So you reckon then that with 12 games won out of 50 Lambert has purchased a good enough squad. Previous results have already shown that when our first team players are injured in particular Vlaar, results take a nose dive. Funny that.

If we added 5 quality players to our first team, I think our squad is good enough - yes.

Is our first team good enough at the moment?  No.

Next idiotic statement please.

What you need to look at also, yeah what if he had the cash, would players want to sign for us?

We aren't in Europe or even up there to challenge for a space.

Aston Villa FC, to use means everything but to players, its nothing.

They want to play on the best stage, earn the most money and win things.

They aren't going to get that at Villa, so we have no option anymore but to risk buy players - maybe players, young players, unheard of players.

I'm not a fan of the brand of football we're playing but I do honestly believe that's the players fault not PL.

I post something alike on facebook.

Its not just Benteke that players well with confidence.

If he is scoring, the mids get forward more to feed him - if he isn't scoring our mids don't seem to know what to do.

When the mids have the confidence to push forward, its takes pressure off our back line.

they can see they can play a higher line and not sit as deep.

Ofc its not all about Benkete but if we had forwards who were scoring, I firmly believe we'd be playing better football and that was proven on Monday night.

• Like 1

So halfway through the window and so far we have one 30 something , overweight , Wigan reject. You couldn't make it up.

No you sure couldn't but we have similar responses each window so I would have thought by now I should have expected it.  It still surprises me that it surprises me

• Like 3

- It's like painting the Golden Gate bridge.

The problem is though that most of Lambert's signings have proven to be crap. At a push only four out 16 Lambert signings would be kept under a new manager, Guzan, Vlaar, Benteke and maybe Bacuna which would mean another squad rebuild.

To say Westwood or Lowton are crap is a bit harsh .. They had a good season last year .. Westwood isn't that bad this year but his set pieces gets me angry !

KEA and Sylla had some good games .. Good value for money .. second half of last season our midfielders had good games .. Sylla was part of that .. KEA is very good in counter attacking games , good tacklers and the best midfielder to stay in a scoring position ..

Okore is a good prospect , sadly he didn't have the chance to gel this season ..

Helenius haven't got his chance yet ..  Kozak  is a good squad filler .. 

Only Bennett , Luna Who I'd say where the most disappointing .. Well Tonev also although still haven't had a proper run ..

The thing is , with :

Guzan .. Vlaar .. Bacuna .. Delph .. Gabby .. Benteke .. 

We have around 6-7 players who are a good first teamers .. (With Okore) .. So we're missing only 4 .. a winger , AM , LB .. tbh I think Westwood could do the midfield job if there was an AM .. So I'd say we're only 3 signings from being a decent side with a good squad ..

It's just certain areas where we have a lot of bad players ..

Compare this squad to the one with Eck or even Houllier ?!

We had Downing , Young and we were still struggling .. 

• Like 1

So halfway through the window and so far we have one 30 something , overweight , Wigan reject. You couldn't make it up.

No you sure couldn't but we have similar responses each window so I would have thought by now I should have expected it. It still surprises me that it surprises me

And we had the same wait and see responses last Jan. How did that work out?

• Like 1

No you sure couldn't but we have similar responses each window so I would have thought by now I should have expected it.  It still surprises me that it surprises me

I remember similar comments last year and by jove the retorts were correct as we ended up with Sylla and borrowed Dawkins in the last few minutes of the window. And they are both important parts of this well oiled, well performing team.

Oh hang on. That's right, Dawkins hardly featured and Sylla is another one of those players Lambert has bought but doesn't appear to want to play them.

• Like 1

I remember similar comments last year and by jove the retorts were correct as we ended up with Sylla and borrowed Dawkins in the last few minutes of the window. And they are both important parts of this well oiled, well performing team.

Oh hang on. That's right, Dawkins hardly featured and Sylla is another one of those players Lambert has bought but doesn't appear to want to play them.

Don't let me get in the way of your constant negativity, but we also signed Darren Bent in a) January and b ) further along in the month than we are now.

Back to moaning though, please.

• Like 2

Yeah, nothing to suggest that we should start paying more now. We are very much in the 1-2 million or cheap loan category. Maybe more if its something good.  At least that is my take on it from what Lambert has said.

If we added 5 quality players to our first team, I think our squad is good enough - yes.

Errr thats half the team ?

Errr thats half the team ?

Well worked out homie.

Â