Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I take it players in League Two earn more than Premier League players though, right? Because of the lower quality of the league and everything.

What does this have to do with Grant Holt? He signed a big money contract, at 32 do you really think he's going to sign a contract for less money 12 months later in order to drop down to the championship?

Common sense would tell you this is highly highly unlikely

Can we just get this sorted, we are not 50/60k a week better off now Ireland has gone, he has had the last 5 months of his deal paid up, the only saving is the extra months wages he was going to be given as a loyalty payment if his contract run out.

Do we know we paid anything up to him? Surely, at the very most, we'd only have had to pay the difference between what he was on here and what Stoke are paying him

You could use common sense but that might mean you can't praise everything the club does all the time.

The opposite is true too. And no that's not directed at you. It's just something that should be borne in mind.

I’m still waiting for the amazing signing ITK’s were hinting at.

Obviously going to come soon, they would never lie for attention never!

Does the window close today or something?

I take it players in League Two earn more than Premier League players though, right? Because of the lower quality of the league and everything.

What does this have to do with Grant Holt? He signed a big money contract, at 32 do you really think he's going to sign a contract for less money 12 months later in order to drop down to the championship?

He signed a big money contract did he?

Big money in world football, probably not. Big money for a team like Norwich and certainly championship level, I'd say yes.

This is what he said when he signed

"I'm really pleased we've agreed things and I've got the deal which gives me and my family a bit of security,"

I doubt he gave up that security to drop down a level on probably his last professional contract.

"We are looking at two other positions." -PL

But I thought this would stop all other business. How could all the blowhards be wrong?

How many people have actually said that it would?

"We are looking at two other positions." -PL

But I thought this would stop all other business. How could all the blowhards be wrong?

well reading all the negatives for the Holt signing you'd be forgiven for thinking this was our business done

• Like 1

Big money in world football, probably not. Big money for a team like Norwich and certainly championship level, I'd say yes.

This is what he said when he signed

"I'm really pleased we've agreed things and I've got the deal which gives me and my family a bit of security,"

I doubt he gave up that security to drop down a level on probably his last professional contract.

This all sounds opinion based.  But you've stated that;

"Holt did not drop down a division to take a decrease in pay."

and also;

"He signed a big money contract"

Can you make your mind up please?  Or are you, yet again, just having a dig at Lambert/Lerner/Villa for the sake of having a dig at Lambert/Lerner/Villa?

I have just received a new PM from you know who. Things are about to get very weird  :detect: .....let me just say another chair will be needed at the Holt press conference.  :)

Good weird or bad weird?

Randy Lerner topless showing off his new Grant Holt tattoo weird

But surely not Randy Lerner topless with breast implants an unshaven chest showing off his breast tattoos of Grant Holt and Thomas the Tank Engine weird?

Â