Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Micah Richards and Tim Cahill on loan, Peter Whittingham on a permanent deal would more than do me

Guzan; Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Luna; Richards; Delph, Cahill; Agbonlahor, Benteke, Whittingham

I'd love to see what Richards could do in a defensive midfield role, Cahill would add what Robbie added to us and Whittingham can actually provide a decent ball for Benteke.

We might actually score from a corner with Cahill playing.

Think he's a bit past it though.

Many of us thought the same about Keane but a few months he should be OK. I doubt he'd ever lose that knack for popping up in the right place at the right time, that's about brains rather than fitness. A very similar character in the dressing room as well, which was what really impressed me about Keane when he came.

Tim Cahill is 34 years old and his greatest attributes were diminishing in the last season or so he was with Everton, that's why they got rid.

He still has MORE goals this season in MLS than 4 years younger Clint Dempsey! read somewhere he has 11 in 13 this season. Dempsey scored once!

You not being fair to Dempsey. He only played the final third of the season, was injured for part of the time and was on a new team.

I still don't want Cahill though. Unless he is not the only loan. He would be off back to the USA in March for starters.

Can't see why Mata would come to a club like us when he'd have better options in a world cup year.

I know, just being totally optimistic! Although he might just want to walk into a first team and play every week.... which he'd do at Villa. If a "big" European club wanted him, there's a chance he'd be rotated a lot or even bench warming like he is atm.

I'm deifnately not counting on this one though!

said this time last year we needed tom huddlestone..1m from spurs, talk of playing for england now..

I also would have loved TH but (sorry for being pedantic mate) it was closer to £6m I believe.

Â