Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Aston Villa hot on the heels of Bulgarian footballer Simeon Slavchev

ASTON VILLA are leading the chase for Bulgaria’s answer to Frank Lampard.

simeon-slavchev-449473.jpgSimeon Slavchev (right) has been likened to Chelsea player Frank Lampard [GETTY]

Litex Lovech star Simeon Slavchev has scored 14 goals in 22 games this season.

West Ham, Fulham and QPR are also interested.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/449473/Aston-Villa-hot-on-the-heels-of-Bulgarian-footballer-Simeon-Slavchev

Roma have been linked with a January bid for highly-rated Bulgarian youngster Simeon Slavchev.

The Giallorossi are said to have been monitoring the Litex Lovech playmaker for some time, but face competition for his signature from Tottenham Hotspur.

Hellas Verona and Spezia have also been linked with the 20-year-old, who won his first senior cap for Bulgaria last month, Tuttomercatoweb reports.

Slavchev is reportedly valued at around €4m (£3.3m).

Spurs also wanted him previously. Might be a good shout.. Blow our budget though.. no room for a defender. Youtube video shows hes also good at defending and winning the ball. We have a bulgarian connection. Might be a goer

Why is every centre mid that scores goals referred to as their countries "Lampard"

When 9 times out of 10 they turn out to be their countries answer to Steve Sidwell

Edited by AshVilla

Aston Villa hot on the heels of Bulgarian footballer Simeon Slavchev

ASTON VILLA are leading the chase for Bulgaria’s answer to Frank Lampard.

simeon-slavchev-449473.jpgSimeon Slavchev (right) has been likened to Chelsea player Frank Lampard [GETTY]

Litex Lovech star Simeon Slavchev has scored 14 goals in 22 games this season.

West Ham, Fulham and QPR are also interested.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/449473/Aston-Villa-hot-on-the-heels-of-Bulgarian-footballer-Simeon-Slavchev

Roma have been linked with a January bid for highly-rated Bulgarian youngster Simeon Slavchev.

The Giallorossi are said to have been monitoring the Litex Lovech playmaker for some time, but face competition for his signature from Tottenham Hotspur.

Hellas Verona and Spezia have also been linked with the 20-year-old, who won his first senior cap for Bulgaria last month, Tuttomercatoweb reports.

Slavchev is reportedly valued at around €4m (£3.3m).

Spurs also wanted him previously. Might be a good shout.. Blow our budget though.. no room for a defender. Youtube video shows hes also good at defending and winning the ball. We have a bulgarian connection. Might be a goer

Why is every centre mid that scores goals referred to as their countries "Lampard"

When 9 times out of 10 they turn out to be their countries answer to Steve Sidwell

Got to talk them up not down ;)

A little biased, but a player I've been keeping my eye on. Mix Diskerud can play in the middle of the park as a creative midfielder. He'd be cheap and worth a punt as he's from the Norwegian league. Has an eye for the pass and can potentially give us a player that can help with our problems breaking teams down. Here's a pretty good write up on him.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/usnationalteam/id/1231?cc=5901

I like Mix, but I'd be a lot more interested in his USMNT teammate, Aron "The Iceman" Johannsson

Why? Altidore has struggled, and he was better than Johansson at AZ last year than Johansson is this year.

Totally different types of players. Jozy is struggling now due to the system Sunderland play IMO. His hold up play is quite good enough to thrive there in their system. But Johannsson seems to be more capable as playing the deep lying forward role, which is something we could use. 

• Like 1

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-talks-6435740 Hopefully some sort of transfer activity but not getting my hopes up!

Poor Lambert must have had some shitty chairmen as he's also just stated Lerner is No 1:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3585921,00.html

He's basically saying there won't be any significant funds and then states Lerner is excellent. 

Says in today's sun ourselves, reading, Everton and man city want malmo full back milko albornoz

Yeah good prospect, would not touch him thou.

Convicted of having sex with a 14 year old girl, he was 22 at the time

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-talks-6435740 Hopefully some sort of transfer activity but not getting my hopes up!

Poor Lambert must have had some shitty chairmen as he's also just stated Lerner is No 1:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3585921,00.html

He's basically saying there won't be any significant funds and then states Lerner is excellent.

Sicken ya, going on about Lerner watching every match crap. Kiss assing at its best there.

I don't think it's fair to slate Lambert for praising Lerner just becuase the latter won't spend much money at the moment. It's a bit tunnel-visioned IMO. Not that the reluctance to spend doesn't annoy me, but there's more to it than just spending. None of us know much about Lambert's relationship with Lerner. He's probably a lot better to work with than the likes of Vincent Tan and Assem Allam.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

'I know exactly what's happening.'

Very interesting statement.

As in I know I can't afford an Ashley young, I know I can't afford a Gareth Barry on loan, I know I won't have a great deal to play with in jan. And if I do, it has to be on a player with a sell-on value.

Perfectly fair enough IMO for a variety of reasons. To build for the future every player we sign has to have the potential to improve from the level we buy him at. The sell on value even short term should be in our favour, long term with breaking through and establishign themselves as good prem players massively in our favour. Their wages shouldn't ever leave us in the situation where we have to wait fro them to leave in order to have funds available to cover other investments in the playing staff.

All of this shoudl be considered essential in our current situation. 

• Like 1

As in I know I can't afford an Ashley young, I know I can't afford a Gareth Barry on loan, I know I won't have a great deal to play with in jan. And if I do, it has to be on a player with a sell-on value.

And what that really mean is that Lerner won't sanction the money, not that the club can't afford it.

Perfectly fair enough IMO for a variety of reasons. To build for the future every player we sign has to have the potential to improve from the level we buy him at. The sell on value even short term should be in our favour, long term with breaking through and establishign themselves as good prem players massively in our favour. Their wages shouldn't ever leave us in the situation where we have to wait fro them to leave in order to have funds available to cover other investments in the playing staff.

All of this shoudl be considered essential in our current situation.

What is our current situation though? For the last three years we have been selling off the high earners, yes we may have a couple of unwanted ones left. Surely the wage bill has been reduced a considerable amount to cope with the addition of one experienced quality player to aid the team moving forward? Edited by mikeyp102

Â