Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

http://m.walfoot.be/fra/news/lis/2013-11-20/de-bruyne-et-si-aston-villa-empochait-la-mise

Article on De Bruyne possibly coming in on loan in January.

Whats the point in taking him? Be better giving Tonev and Hellinus their chance and i would be surprised PL thought different.

This is just Belgium press trying to drum up interest so he is ready for the national team come June.

The point of taking him would be that he is a top four quality player and he could make a big difference.

Well he obvs isnt top 4 quality at the moment as he isnt getting on for chelsea is he.

He is young and will probably be a quality player but why villa improve a young player for another team when we are trying to build for the future and we have our own young players to improve.

Let teams who are happy to take loan players year in year out to stay static like west brom but we are better than that. If what to be a top team again then we bring our own young players on with us.

http://m.walfoot.be/fra/news/lis/2013-11-20/de-bruyne-et-si-aston-villa-empochait-la-mise

Whats the point in taking him? Be better giving Tonev and Hellinus their chance and i would be surprised PL thought different.

This is just Belgium press trying to drum up interest so he is ready for the national team come June.

The point of taking him would be that he is a top four quality player and he could make a big difference.
Well he obvs isnt top 4 quality at the moment as he isnt getting on for chelsea is he.

He is young and will probably be a quality player but why villa improve a young player for another team when we are trying to build for the future and we have our own young players to improve.

Let teams who are happy to take loan players year in year out to stay static like west brom but we are better than that. If we want to be a top team again then we bring our own young players on with us.

I can't even be bothered to list the countless examples of why that argument doesn't follow...

• Like 1

I can't even be bothered to list the countless examples of why that argument doesn't follow...

But he has a point, I couldn't see De Bruyne getting into any of the top 4 sides, squad maybe but in their first teams no chance. I think he'd fit into the likes of Everton, Newcastle quite comfortably. But in terms of Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, United. You wouldn't say he'd claim a first team spot at those clubs, so he's right he isn't a top 4 player yet.

Let teams who are happy to take loan players year in year out to stay static like west brom but we are better than that. If what to be a top team again then we bring our own young players on with us.

That sentiment is great if we had a squad with the depth and quality of Chelsea's. We are not a top team any more and with our current owner we never will be. To be competing with the likes of West Brom this year would be a big improvement for us as they are a half decent team IMO. Finding a player who can contribute  to the team as much as Lukakau did for the Boggies last year will improve on our league position etc OK they go back to their parent club in the summer but that's the way modern football works between the haves and the have nots. We are currently a have not!

But he has a point, I couldn't see De Bruyne getting into any of the top 4 sides, squad maybe but in their first teams no chance. I think he'd fit into the likes of Everton, Newcastle quite comfortably. But in terms of Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, United. You wouldn't say he'd claim a first team spot at those clubs, so he's right he isn't a top 4 player yet.

I disagree. I think he could get into most of those teams you mention. Chelsea just happen to have the best AM options in the league and Mourinho has made many strange decisions since his return.

OK so DeBruyne isn't the finished product yet. Maybe we should ask Manure to loan that Van Persie lad to us, he seems to be top 4 quality? The whole point is that the  top teams have fringe players who they think have potential. They don't wanrt to risk selling them and they have better players in the first team so they offer them out on loan. I don't see the problem with the whole concept. Maybe Aston Villa Red Bulls will be able to be in the situation in the future??? :D

It's the way the haves want it to be, not the way Villa want it to be, at least from my seat it isn't.

Loan players are not the way to go for us, unless there on an agreed purchase price at the end of the loan period and with players that cost lots of money, there's no way that's going to happen.

Don't see the point in us loaning a youngster tbh, if he sets the world alight his club gets him back and you're left looking for a replacement anyway and if hes shit well then hes shit and a waste of time. We've got our own youngster that need a chance rather than developing other clubs.

I disagree. I think he could get into most of those teams you mention. Chelsea just happen to have the best AM options in the league and Mourinho has made many strange decisions since his return.

Okay tell me who he is going to replace at Utd, arsenal or City currently?

If its an option to buy at end of season then im all for it, else bog off Chelsea and blood your own youth players.

Okay tell me who he is going to replace at Utd, arsenal or City currently?

If its an option to buy at end of season then im all for it, else bog off Chelsea and blood your own youth players.

United's wide options are performing so badly that they had to fast-track Januzaj into the team. City play the likes of Navas and Milner (he's average out wide).

This could all be irrelevant anyway as last year Lambert wasted a couple of grand a week on the Galacticos that wasn't, namely Simon Dawkins.

So what about the young players we have out on loan? Should we have agreed purchase prices for the end of the loan periods i.e. sell Grealish to Notts County for £50k if they wanted him?

If we can get a decent player for six months in January that helps us in the league and cup then great as far as I am concerned as IMO we don't have the luxury or good enough players to turn down quality players so certain fans can sit on their high horses. With the injuries we have now the next 6 games are going to be tough and will show the holes we have in our squad. The likes of Tonev and Helenius have not shown they are good enough yet.

De Bruyne is miles better than anything we have at the moment so why would we not want him. Yes in an ideal world we would be able to bring through all our youth, and who knows that may happen. But if the opportunity to sign De Bruyne is there then we would be stupid not to go for it

• Like 1

This could all be irrelevant anyway as last year Lambert wasted a couple of grand a week on the Galacticos that wasn't, namely Simon Dawkins.

So what about the young players we have out on loan? Should we have agreed purchase prices for the end of the loan periods i.e. sell Grealish to Notts County for £50k if they wanted him?

If we can get a decent player for six months in January that helps us in the league and cup then great as far as I am concerned as IMO we don't have the luxury or good enough players to turn down quality players so certain fans can sit on their high horses. With the injuries we have now the next 6 games are going to be tough and will show the holes we have in our squad. The likes of Tonev and Helenius have not shown they are good enough yet.

So your making comparisons to Chelsea and Villa with Villa and Notts County. Nice.

And im not on my high horse. Just because i have the vision to see further than the end of this season and believe the only way can progress is by bringing our own youth through if we dont have money to buy proven quality.

I guess there's also the argument that when we develop our own youngsters to a decent standard we flog em and they end up at places like Chelsea anyhow? .... Gary Cahill anyone?

Yes this is true, but we get money to build stronger squad. Spurs is a good example of this working.

• Like 1

If he does come here, then good for us. He can help us finish higher in the table and earn the club more money. Yeah we may be helping out Chelsea but who cares? If he helps us out, then we should be fine with that. We've been needing a proper attacking mid for a while now. We can't just rely on N'Zogbia. 

I guess there's also the argument that when we develop our own youngsters to a decent standard we flog em and they end up at places like Chelsea anyhow? .... Gary Cahill anyone?

..but is Gary Cahill benefiting from playing with better players, its not to say, if he was still with us ,he would be in the England squad.

Â