Weather...

Dodgyknees

We were in a hotel in Stafford the last two nights. No aircon, natch. Like trying to sleep inside an air fryer. 

OTOH, our niece who was over from Baton Rouge (unfortunately, for her mom's funeral) thought the weather was delightfully cool. 

Edited by mjmooney

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We were in a hotel in Stafford the last two nights. No aircon, natch. Like trying to sleep inside an air fryer. 

OTOH, our niece who was over from Baton Rouge (unfortunately, for her mom's funeral) thought the weather was delightfully cool. 

That’s the problem , our too hot is someone else’s nice and cool . Remember going to turkey about 12 years ago and it was around 26-28 and the locals had jumpers on because they thought it was a bit chilly .

Edited by Rugeley Villa

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s the problem , our too hot is someone else’s nice and cool . Remember going to turkey about 12 years ago and it was around 26-28 and the locals had jumpers on because they thought it was a bit chilly .

Had the same in Florida in late October. Mid twenties kind of heat so was just about comfortable in shorts and T-shirt but the locals were in sweaters and complaining how cold it was. Mental what people get used to.

The heat in this country just hits different though. Our buildings aren’t designed with it and the lack of air con is the main thing here. Took a drive earlier and had the air con turned up and when I got out I got that heat blast you get when you’re abroad…was delightful.

59 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Took a drive earlier and had the air con turned up and when I got out I got that heat blast you get when you’re abroad

My car aircon needs a top-up. But July and August were so crap, I decided it wasn't worth paying for. Then this happens. Two hours of motorway driving in a tin oven to get home today. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My car aircon needs a top-up. But July and August were so crap, I decided it wasn't worth paying for. Then this happens. Two hours of motorway driving in a tin oven to get home today. 

I did warn you

55f58578292fa2b4e67dbe775df27da6ac-21-ke

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I was in my car for a 3 hour round trip on Wednesday. Not only does my air con not work, but the fans don't blow at all (kw). Think the motor is gone.

I decided against having it looked at when it was in for a service a fortnight ago as the bill had already hit £1100 before they got around to even thinking about looking at it. 

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Always warm in the Shires.

Mate 😉

Full of sweaty Vile who up the temperature dramatically, ice cool in town drinking, no Vile

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Amazing free light show going on round my way. Proper forks of lightning, loads of them. Reminds me of the front cover of Ride the Lightning. More of a pinky red tinge than blue though to some of them. MrsVM and I are exchanging 'WOW's

Still nothing here. We never seem to get decent thunderstorms anymore, even when other parts of the country do.   :(

Â