Randy's 12 Month No Show ?

smetrov

If that was the managerial criteria / credentials they wanted they should have got Steve Bruce in. Exceptional manager with tight budgets.

He probably thought about Bruce until someone, who does know a bit about football, told him of his previous employment in Small Heath and that scared him off.

I'm surprised the info HH has shared with us this summer hasn't had more attention. I guess for some it's better to ignore and keep hoping their dream of Lerner actually giving a **** comes true.

Lambert was not backed when we desperately needed investment in jan.

During the summer he was given £10 million to buy 7 players. This was 12 months after our owner sold the browns for $1 billion and tv money for us shot up. £10 million on 7 players and no one seems to have any problems. On top of that HH also told us that even after spending such a tiny amount the manager wasn't backed to bring in some of his other targets.

Absolutely shocking.

• Like 3

I'm sure plenty of fans wish our club had more money to spend. That they continue to go to matches and don't mention much concern on internet forums doesn't necessarily reflect they don't 'have any problems'. If there is no alternative currently available, perhaps they see little point in voicing concern.

I'm surprised the info HH has shared with us this summer hasn't had more attention. I guess for some it's better to ignore and keep hoping their dream of Lerner actually giving a **** comes true.

During the summer he was given £10 million to buy 7 players. This was 12 months after our owner sold the browns for $1 billion and tv money for us shot up. £10 million on 7 players and no one seems to have any problems. On top of that HH also told us that even after spending such a tiny amount the manager wasn't backed to bring in some of his other targets.

Absolutely shocking.

And the fact we spent £10m on players shows. We lack real quality in attacking areas to compliment Benteke.

Another Blank yesterday then ?

But you'd have been delighted if we'd lost 2-0 and the wonderful Randy Lerner had turned up to watch it? As numerous others have said, it doesn't matter whether Lerner turns up or not, what matters is what the team he's paying for (or not paying for) does on the pitch.

Another Blank yesterday then ?

But you'd have been delighted if we'd lost 2-0 and the wonderful Randy Lerner had turned up to watch it? As numerous others have said, it doesn't matter whether Lerner turns up or not, what matters is what the team he's paying for (or not paying for) does on the pitch.

I believe it does matter - it demonstrates he isn't interested - whilst he isn't interested he going to provide funds for better players - which ultimately influences what I see on the pitch.  

To be honest.... Lerner not coming to watch Villa play really doesn't bother me at all. I don't really understand why it bothers people. Lambert says he talks to him (Lerner) all the time, they obviously have a good working relationship and Lerner is obviously involved. However, I do understand those who feel he mismanaged this club. Because he did. He made one huge mighty **** up. I very much doubt he wants to do that again so I guess we're now paying for those mistakes, for a better future (whether that be Lerner selling the club or he starts to invest again.)

Edited by PieFacE

I believe it does matter - it demonstrates he isn't interested - whilst he isn't interested he going to provide funds for better players - which ultimately influences what I see on the pitch.  

I suppose it's plausible there could be a link. But then the real problem is the lack of investment in the squad, right? You've just implied you wouldn't care that Randy didn't turn up if he was putting enough money in the club.

What's the point of this thread, then? The lack of investment is covered in great deal in the Randy Lerner thread and I don't know why this thread needs to be resurrected after every match (especially when Randy can't put any money in until January anyway).

I suppose it's plausible there could be a link. But then the real problem is the lack of investment in the squad, right? You've just implied you wouldn't care that Randy didn't turn up if he was putting enough money in the club.

What's the point of this thread, then? The lack of investment is covered in great deal in the Randy Lerner thread and I don't know why this thread needs to be resurrected after every match (especially when Randy can't put any money in until January anyway).

The point of this thread is that most people say 'Yeah Randy gets to 5 or 6 games a season' - When I don't believe he does -  

If you're not interested  in whether Randy gets to the games - then don't read a thread - where that's the whole topic

I am sure the mods will close the thread if they feel it not appropriate  

• 1 month later...

So that's it then. This time last year was the last time Randy attended a villa home match......(Wigan at Home)

He might actually be scared of the fans reaction to him if he came.

If that's the case we can add the lack of a pair of bollocks to his lack of business nous then.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Absolutely shocking.

This is spot on BJ and this is where fans should vent their anger, not a Lambert who looks to me like a very dedicated bloke trying his best

My best hope is that I've got to think that Lambert wouldn't be here if he doesn't think that things will improve after this season - Lambert was very highly thought of at Norwich, I can't beleive he would ruin his reputation going through two seasons of crap without something positive at the end of it

Has Lerner got a buyer who will step in this summer? failing that will he invest again?? The fact he no longer turns up frustrates the hell out of me - surely he's lost interest

It bothers me that he doesn't turn up to games. I don't want a Vincent ran or a mike Ashley, wearing the shirt and all that but I'd quite like the owner to be there to see the most important part of a team. What happens on the pitch. It might even make some of the players pull their socks up a bit. I know when the owner of the company I work for turns up in the office, you straighten up a little bit. He was here when it was all rosey under Mon, I even remember one game his family sitting on the steps watching a game.

Â