Randy's 12 Month No Show ?

smetrov

We still have the 7th highest wage bill, Our turnover is only the 9th highest. net debt is 122 mil. 18 mil loss last tax year compared to 54 mil the previous year. Should Lerner just keep spending until we are bankrupt. Obviously its going to take time for Lambert to get our club back on a level footing and maybe start challenging for eufa league places.

Not "obviously" at all . If anything the odds are against us ever challenging under this regime. Amazing how low expectations are now. When you say "we are bankrupt", firstly it is nothing to do with "we" and secondly RL is no longer part of the "we". His only interest now is finding a buyer.
Why is our turnover only 9th and wage bill. Surely the club needs to be run better. Increase turnover. Also i believe the wage bill will be down significantly next accounts

Well most revenue for clubs out of Europe comes from TV money as you know so there is little between a Fulham and a Villa in terms of revenue especially when you factor we don't sell out our ground and our tickets are cheaper. If you want more revenue it has to start with more bums on seats and for all those bums to pay more to get in.

I find it hard to fathom that we have shed an entire squad and replaced it with far cheaper less experienced players who "one day" may or may not be any good and yet we are still apparently struggling financially and are suffering huge losses but yet have the 9th highest turnover and survived last season when by all accounts the club qualified for a huge cash bonanza as a result? ..... Something not adding up here! :unsure: Especially when teams with supposedly a smaller turnover are spending more than us?!... Maybe this is linked to RL staying away?

It's the wage bill mate, too many pay offs (MON,GH, AMC) too many players not wanted by the manager who succeeded the previous then sold for peanuts or free but were brought for the going rate.

This year will be better than the last numbers wise with revenue up and wages down, and once the bomb squad are gone it will be even better I expect the numbers from the 2014/2015 season to be much better but we wont see those for a few years after. We are seeing old data at the moment but it is still valid.

The same point will still stand at the end of it Villa is in a group of clubs from 7th to 11 or 12th and there is less than a 5 million pound difference in their revenue so even when things are rosey on the finances again that is our 'rightful' finishing place.

Anyone who is pissed with the above fact may as well support another team because that isn't going to change without a man city style investment where you buy your way a champions league spot to rise up those revenue tables anyone who moans about this fact yet still stays a fan will never be a happy fan.

Just curious have you paid much attention to us?

You talk like we're constantly finishing mid table. We're not. Under houllier our 9th place finish covered up what was an awful season and it's been 3 relegation battles in a row.

Nah no attention I started supporting Villa this morning.

Ah that explains it. I wonder if you'd started supporting earlier if you'd have had this attitude when Doug was in charge.

And I'm still confused as to why we should be happy with 3 consecutive relegation battles based on your genius research. And of course our owners decisions have had little impact on our income, so we can't blame him for that.

He must be thrilled there's a few fans out there like you.

Brilliant.

So we are in a group from 7-12, but financed like a club from 16-20.

We are suffering from pay offs and bad management choices.

We are suffering because a chairman over-spent like a kid in a sweet shop.

And 16th is a great place to finish.

Take a bow Randy, take a **** bow.

To be fair suttonpaul - I take your point about being unhappy for a long time into the future. I can see that I certainly will be unhappy.

I'm firmly in the camp that our recent finishes are unacceptable and the fact we still go down Villa Park to suffer it is sheer 'blind loyalty.' Enjoyment down Villa Park is very scarce (the odd 'lucky' win not-withstanding) and has been for nigh on three seasons now. Frankly, I'm amazed, given some of the 'crud' we have seen football-wise, that so many still actually attend the games. I think Villa are quite lucky in that respect.

Yeah, I am fickle and I demand... expect more from my football club. Especially when I am forking out premier league prices. But I am still going, even though I feel this way. Maybe I ain't so fickle after all... Just unhappy. As is my right, and that of every other fan on this board.

Though I have never taken drugs, I can understand 'habits.' Villa is my 'drug.' I need just one more hit... like winning a League Cup final to make me feel good again. So much so, I appear to allow myself to be unhappy down Villa Park in the mean time until I get this fix.

Even with only the 9th highest revenue - if clubs like Portsmouth, Birmingham, Swansea and Wigan can win major trophies - it's a disgrace then, that we seem so incompetent (Phil Dowd not-withstanding).

Edited by Raver50032

Brilliant.

There isn't really much of a solution to this moaning though, is there?

In the current economic circumstances, nobody wants to actually buy a half-decent football club, so we're stuck.

If Kenwright can't sell Everton, then you'd better get used to the disappointment.

Brilliant.

In the current economic circumstances, nobody wants to actually buy a half-decent football club, so we're stuck.

If Kenwright can't sell Everton, then you'd better get used to the disappointment.

Everton aren't really struggling while looking for a seller though

Brilliant.

Everton aren't really struggling while looking for a seller though

because they are not looking for a seller

Brilliant.

Yes that's been my point all along 

Patience and acceptance.

These are the traits that our fan base has been lauded for and criticised in equal measure.

No-one can say that the fans of Aston Villa Football Club have been impatient in our quest for success. Quite the contrary in fact. We have seen the possibility of our dream being realised with a new chairman investing heavily in our club only for that dream to be snatched away again when that investment was mismanaged and could no longer be sustained. 

We have seen the majority of managerial appointments continually state in the media how supportive our fan base are in the hope that one of those managerial appointments would be the messiah that would awaken 'the sleeping giant' of the Midlands and bring us to that promised land of success. Some even secretly whispered in darkened corridors that McLeish would be that man.

We have shown patience to the extent sometimes that ex players and fans have actually had a mini rebellion in stating that we shouldn't be as patient because we deserve much more than we are presently getting for our continued support of the club. But that flew in the face of what we fans are renowned for in the world of football and that rebellion has been quashed on several occasions due to more patience and now acceptance.

Some have now excepted the hope of success is dead for the foreseeable future because our chairman who originally teased us with the ultimate dream has now told us that all we can afford over two transfer windows is 11m net expenditure while less fashionable clubs overtake us in their dream for success especially when given a very large lollipop in the form of massive revenue from TV.

We now have a new manager, a manager described by some as the best young manager of his generation and either by choice or by financial constraints we have gone down the line of pursuing that dream of success by investing his small budget on a youth policy which is reliant on the fan base showing more acceptance of patience.

To me, just being another humble Aston Villa fan i'm actually getting a little tired of being patient. I don't want to hear of 'five year plans' or youth policies based on a lack of investment anymore.

Mr Lerner i'm one fan in a rebellious minority who will keep demanding an acceptance of success.   

• Like 1

Brilliant.

Bingo!

Patience and acceptance.

These are the traits that our fan base has been lauded for and criticised in equal measure.

No-one can say that the fans of Aston Villa Football Club have been impatient in our quest for success. Quite the contrary in fact. We have seen the possibility of our dream being realised with a new chairman investing heavily in our club only for that dream to be snatched away again when that investment was mismanaged and could no longer be sustained. 

We have seen the majority of managerial appointments continually state in the media how supportive our fan base are in the hope that one of those managerial appointments would be the messiah that would awaken 'the sleeping giant' of the Midlands and bring us to that promised land of success. Some even secretly whispered in darkened corridors that McLeish would be that man.

We have shown patience to the extent sometimes that ex players and fans have actually had a mini rebellion in stating that we shouldn't be as patient because we deserve much more than we are presently getting for our continued support of the club. But that flew in the face of what we fans are renowned for in the world of football and that rebellion has been quashed on several occasions due to more patience and now acceptance.

Some have now excepted the hope of success is dead for the foreseeable future because our chairman who originally teased us with the ultimate dream has now told us that all we can afford over two transfer windows is 11m net expenditure while less fashionable clubs overtake us in their dream for success especially when given a very large lollipop in the form of massive revenue from TV.

We now have a new manager, a manager described by some as the best young manager of his generation and either by choice or by financial constraints we have gone down the line of pursuing that dream of success by investing his small budget on a youth policy which is reliant on the fan base showing more acceptance of patience.

To me, just being another humble Aston Villa fan i'm actually getting a little tired of being patient. I don't want to hear of 'five year plans' or youth policies based on a lack of investment anymore.

Mr Lerner i'm one fan in a rebellious minority who will keep demanding an acceptance of success.   

Yea and that is fair enough but at the same time you must accept that isn't going to happen under this owner in this financial situation.

To be fair suttonpaul - I take your point about being unhappy for a long time into the future. I can see that I certainly will be unhappy.

I'm firmly in the camp that our recent finishes are unacceptable and the fact we still go down Villa Park to suffer it is sheer 'blind loyalty.' Enjoyment down Villa Park is very scarce (the odd 'lucky' win not-withstanding) and has been for nigh on three seasons now. Frankly, I'm amazed, given some of the 'crud' we have seen football-wise, that so many still actually attend the games. I think Villa are quite lucky in that respect.

Yeah, I am fickle and I demand... expect more from my football club. Especially when I am forking out premier league prices. But I am still going, even though I feel this way. Maybe I ain't so fickle after all... Just unhappy. As is my right, and that of every other fan on this board.

Though I have never taken drugs, I can understand 'habits.' Villa is my 'drug.' I need just one more hit... like winning a League Cup final to make me feel good again. So much so, I appear to allow myself to be unhappy down Villa Park in the mean time until I get this fix.

Even with only the 9th highest revenue - if clubs like Portsmouth, Birmingham, Swansea and Wigan can win major trophies - it's a disgrace then, that we seem so incompetent (Phil Dowd not-withstanding).

Nice post, you must also accept that Birmingham, Portsmouth and Wigan have gone down the toilet whist doing what you said and Swansea are the only exception at the moment. As for Phil Dowd best not speak his name around me after that Utd game.

• Like 1

Patience and acceptance.

Yea and that is fair enough but at the same time you must accept that isn't going to happen under this owner in this financial situation.

Why must we accept things? Why can't we share an opinion on the internet if we aren't happy?

You may be thrilled fighting relegation but surely you can see why some aren't.

this financial situation.

Do you mean the financial situation over the last 12 months which has seen Lerner sell the browns for $1 billion and the money given to premiership teams through a tv deal rocket up?

This financial situation that we are making losses with an owner who no longer wants to bankroll a business that doesn't breakeven. Even you must realise with each new TV deal most of the money goes on new deals for wages the way you go on you would think the club makes money and randy uses the profits to fund third world wars lol.

The difference between you and I is I am not happy that we don't win things and have some of the best players in the league but I realise three key points, 1 we don't make the cash for those ambitions to be realised, 2 an owner shouldn't have to bankroll a club unless he wants to ala Chelsea or City and 3 If someone wanted to buy us who did want to bankroll us we would have been sold. Therefore you adjust your expectations to fit reality and that is mid table finishes and before you say but we aren't even finishing there, that is what my post with the table on there was to show.

I also answered your other comment with the answer above I am sure however you will still argue the case that I am completely wrong lol

I think the club actually needs to become self sustainable in the long run, we can't allow the club to fall into a situation like Leeds. By depending on the owner on bailing us out, granted he is the owner who made shedloads of mistakes, he is trying to put them right, and it won't be a quick fix unfortunately.

Seem to remember Doug telling us for years that no one was interested in buying AVFC. Yet as soon as Doug himself wanted out - a buyer was found pretty quickly. - Isn't that what Merchant banks do ?

Difference is Doug made money on selling AVFC, Randy won't so it makes it more difficult.

2010/11 - 8th 49pts 14th 46 pts Villa 9th 48 pts  (8th  49pts 14th 46pts)     6 places 3 points

2011/12 - 8th 52pts 14th 45 pts Villa 16th 38 pts (10th 47pts 15th 43pts)   5 places 4 points

2012/13 - 8th 49pts 14th 41 pts Villa 15th 41 pts (9th 46pts 16th 41pts)     7 places 5 points

The above table shows that there is a clear correlation of how many points are needed for us to finish in the maximum place our revenue allows us to.

It also shows there is a clear pack of clubs just after that place each year so it isn't very clear until the end of each season where the club will finish as if there is only 3 to 5 points in it for 5 to 7 places what I am saying isn't dumb and it is clearly truth.

A quick look at a list of each PL club and their revenue backs this up.....

This barely makes sense. And that is a generous interpretation,.

The fact you cant tell what is being said in that post and the other one it was linked to makes me feel sorry for you not only that you couldn't understand it but you also took the time to say so in such a sanctimonious way.

Well, I didn't actually say I couldn't understand it, just that it didn't make much  sense.

Also, if you think this is a "sanctimonious" reply, you need to have a glance at what the word actually means

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sanctimonious?s=t 

Even you must realise with each new TV deal most of the money goes on new deals for wages

Well that's not true. The tv money has gone up and our wage bill continues to decrease.

the way you go on you would think the club makes money and randy uses the profits to fund third world wars lol.

No, just the worst period of football I've experienced as a fan. Luckily for Lerner there are fans like yourself that don't mind it.

The difference between you and I is I am not happy that we don't win things and have some of the best players in the league but I realise three key points,

Do you really think the issue most of us have is that we aren't winning things or have the best players in the league? No one is demanding or expecting us to be like Chelsea or City.

we don't make the cash for those ambitions to be realised

Which Lerner can be partly blamed for. Just curious how you felt when Doug was in charge regarding this?

an owner shouldn't have to bankroll a club unless he wants to ala Chelsea or City

No they shouldn't, however when their mistakes have effected the club then I think their main concern shouldn't be ensuring they're ok when it comes to selling the club. Again I wonder how you felt regarding this when Doug was in charge. Surely this should also make you want Lerner to sell because if it's not his own money, what is he bringing to the table as an owner?

If someone wanted to buy us who did want to bankroll us we would have been sold

Again, what was your reaction like regarding this for the years and years fans wanted Doug to sell?

And you don't want someone to bankroll us so surely in your opinion it's easier for Lerner to sell the club.

Therefore you adjust your expectations to fit reality and that is mid table finishes

I've asked it lots already but what were your expectations when Doug was in charge? And if a self sufficient mid table team is all we aspire to be what was all the fuss about with the last owner? And i know you produce your table but we aren't a consistent mid table finishing team yet.

• Like 1

Patience and acceptance.

It depends what your defination of success is?

Like many other Villa fans i don't expect to win the Premiership and i don't expect us to qualify for the CL either on a regular basis but what i do expect is to be challenging for the title of best of the rest which means 6th-7th place and not continually looking over our shoulders. I also expect to win a cup competition on a more regular basis than we have been.

Aston Villa Football Club should be able to provide enough finance to any manager to achieve that and since our present manager has been given a Championship budget to work with, questions must be ask why. 

The reduction in investment coming from Lerner explained by excessive wages is, by and large a smokescreen to actually give the chairman time to prepare us for a sale which will give him the most optimum profit and the majority of our fans have fallen for it.

• Like 1

Â