Randy's 12 Month No Show ?

smetrov

Would you fly 4,000 miles to watch this shit ?

I was about to post something similar. I don't care what happens from now until the end of the season. We can sign Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta for all I care. I aint spunking another £100 on a trip to watch this bag of shite. Havent seen a goal yet this season. Not even sure I have seen a shot on target.

And thats from somebody who likes football. Not even sure Randy does. Have no complaints he isnt in the stands.

Edited by Woodytom

I wonder if doug fancies buying us back?

Well he got £28m for his shares, probably had a couple of mill in property and stuff prior to that. He bought a new Roller after the buyout and he gave Childline £1m, the year before he received a knighthood.

He doesn't really spend much, in fact he is notoriously tight, so he is probably on or around the £28m that Mr Lerner gave him.

So if Mr Lerner has a rush of blood to the head and sells to him for £20m, then there is a pot of £8m for transfers and related contracts.

Might buy you a Kozak and a Bacuna.

Any good?

• Like 1

I wonder if doug fancies buying us back?

At lest Doug comes to see us :)

For free, of course.

A decent hot meal, some wine to glug, a nice seat in the director's box, and the chance to hold court with his dwindling minions.

Oh, and he lives about 7 miles from the ground. I wonder whether he puts a chitty in for petrol expenses?

• Like 1

I obviously get the bashing of Doug but that man seriously cares about this club

He cares about Herbert Douglas Ellis. We were simply there to feed his vanity. Anyone who has the arrogance to call himself "Mr Aston Villa" is in serious need of of a dose of humility. Why are we even talking about this man?

• Like 1

I obviously get the bashing of Doug but that man seriously cares about this club

He seriously does not give a flying **** about anyone or anything

You just said he made a £1 million donation to childline, is that not worthy of praise similar to the praise Lerner got for donating money to acorns.

You just said he made a £1 million donation to childline, is that not worthy of praise similar to the praise Lerner got for donating money to acorns.

I have a cynical view of that donation, although I agree that it would be most welcome by the recipient, whatever the motivation of the benefactor. 

I have never made mention of Randy Lerner's support of Acorns, only that his family have a history of philanthropy. 

I am sure that both Ellis and Mr.Lerner have received praise in both cases.

Was that action and the knighthood unconnected?

You should know that to family and friends I am notoriously cynical.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was that action and the knighthood unconnected?

You should know that to family and friends I am notoriously cynical.

Only just read this, but in answer to this question the donation was basically the purchase price of the "honour". Cynicism not needed.

He MAY care about the club (changing allegiance from SHA boardroom to the Villa boardroom) in 1968 but he does NOT give a flying fig (f**k) about the 'man on the terrace' (or a genuine Villa fan to you and me!).

Don't want him back - haven't got enough in the kitty for incontinence pants for him - probably have to change the seat cushions where he sits cos of the 'wee' smell. :P

Anyone who has the arrogance to call himself "Mr Aston Villa" is in serious need of of a dose of humility. Why are we even talking about this man?

Leave poor Mr Bowery out of this! I for one have no problem with him "strutting round like he owns the place".

I liken Randy's absence to having put your car in the garage for a complete engine rebuild. He is just staying clear to let the mechanics do their jobs but quietly can't wait to see it back on the road again. No point travelling 4000 miles to see how their getting on when he can phone/skype them everyday. Also with finances being so tight at the moment it would look almost hypocritical to be spending zillions flying over every week wouldn't it? 

Â