Randy's 12 Month No Show ?

smetrov

It does. Because this is a Villa site.

But in relation to that, all football fans have the same sense of entitlement.

Lighten up.

Haha you moan at fans and you tell me to lighten up. Last year, during your first ever season ticket, you moaned about the fans at villa park and now this year you moan about fans who expect more than relegation battles.

I'm hardly 'moaning'.

I'm stating that the sense of entitlement that all fans have makes me feel uneasy. I mentioned Villa fans because funnily enough, this is a Villa site. If you want to use comments in an off topic forum to vilify me with, then go ahead.

You keep using that 'I've been a fan long than you argument' though :-)

It does. Because this is a Villa site.

But in relation to that, all football fans have the same sense of entitlement.

Lighten up.

Haha you moan at fans and you tell me to lighten up. Last year, during your first ever season ticket, you moaned about the fans at villa park and now this year you moan about fans who expect more than relegation battles.

I'm hardly 'moaning'.

I'm stating that the sense of entitlement that all fans have makes me feel uneasy. I mentioned Villa fans because funnily enough, this is a Villa site. If you want to use comments in an off topic forum to vilify me with, then go ahead.

You keep using that 'I've been a fan long than you argument' though :-)

Not using any argument. Just think it's a bit rich for someone who goes to villa for thier first season ticket to criticise those that have been spending money and giving up their time for years. And if IRRC it wasn't just me who felt that when you made those comments.

I'm not just vilifying you, there seems to be a small group that feel we should accept whatever is served up for some strange reason. Your comment in off topic was just a clear example of this. I'm still interested in what you think we expect that pisses you off so much?

Edited by Big_John_10

We still have the 7th highest wage bill, Our turnover is only the 9th highest. net debt is 122 mil. 18 mil loss last tax year compared to 54 mil the previous year. Should Lerner just keep spending until we are bankrupt. Obviously its going to take time for Lambert to get our club back on a level footing and maybe start challenging for eufa league places.

Not "obviously" at all . If anything the odds are against us ever challenging under this regime. Amazing how low expectations are now. When you say "we are bankrupt", firstly it is nothing to do with "we" and secondly RL is no longer part of the "we". His only interest now is finding a buyer. Edited by MikeMcKenna

I find it hard to fathom that we have shed an entire squad and replaced it with far cheaper less experienced players who "one day" may or may not be any good and yet we are still apparently struggling financially and are suffering huge losses but yet have the 9th highest turnover and survived last season when by all accounts the club qualified for a huge cash bonanza as a result? ..... Something not adding up here!  :unsure:  Especially when teams with supposedly a smaller turnover are spending more than us?!... Maybe this is linked to RL staying away?

That was the 2012/13 tax year so  maybe things are better now. 

God some of you chat balls.

I think we can all agree money is everything in football these days.

Heres a fact for you.....

Villa have the 8th highest income and the difference between 7th and 11th highest income is only a few million.

Therefore it is realistic that where our finishing position should be.

You can go on about being in the Premiership all the time but the stark facts are that is what we receive so that is what we spend.

So we have the 8th highest income and haven't finished there for the last 3 years and probably won't this year. What's your point?

I'm sorry what part of my point don't you get? I'll go over it more slowly for you.

I find it hard to fathom that we have shed an entire squad and replaced it with far cheaper less experienced players who "one day" may or may not be any good and yet we are still apparently struggling financially and are suffering huge losses but yet have the 9th highest turnover and survived last season when by all accounts the club qualified for a huge cash bonanza as a result? ..... Something not adding up here!  :unsure:  Especially when teams with supposedly a smaller turnover are spending more than us?!... Maybe this is linked to RL staying away?

It's the wage bill mate, too many pay offs (MON,GH, AMC) too many players not wanted by the manager who succeeded the previous then sold for peanuts or free but were brought for the going rate.

This year will be better than the last numbers wise with revenue up and wages down, and once the bomb squad are gone it will be even better I expect the numbers from the 2014/2015 season to be much better but we wont see those for a few years after. We are seeing old data at the moment but it is still valid.

The same point will still stand at the end of it Villa is in a group of clubs from 7th to 11 or 12th and there is less than a 5 million pound difference in their revenue so even when things are rosey on the finances again that is our 'rightful' finishing place.

Anyone who is pissed with the above fact may as well support another team because that isn't going to change without a man city style investment where you buy your way a champions league spot to rise up those revenue tables anyone who moans about this fact yet still stays a fan will never be a happy fan.

• Like 1

Villa have the 8th highest income and the difference between 7th and 11th highest income is only a few million.

You can go on about being in the Premiership all the time but the stark facts are that is what we receive so that is what we spend.

So we have the 8th highest income and haven't finished there for the last 3 years and probably won't this year. What's your point?

I'm sorry what part of my point don't you get? I'll go over it more slowly for you.

Well you're telling us we're chatting shit for being unhappy with the current state of the club. Your evidence for us chatting shit is that we have the 8th highest income. And like I said we haven't finished there for the past 3 years and probably won't this year. So what exactly are we chatting shit about?

I find it hard to fathom that we have shed an entire squad and replaced it with far cheaper less experienced players who "one day" may or may not be any good and yet we are still apparently struggling financially and are suffering huge losses but yet have the 9th highest turnover and survived last season when by all accounts the club qualified for a huge cash bonanza as a result? ..... Something not adding up here! :unsure: Especially when teams with supposedly a smaller turnover are spending more than us?!... Maybe this is linked to RL staying away?

It's the wage bill mate, too many pay offs (MON,GH, AMC) too many players not wanted by the manager who succeeded the previous then sold for peanuts or free but were brought for the going rate.

This year will be better than the last numbers wise with revenue up and wages down, and once the bomb squad are gone it will be even better I expect the numbers from the 2014/2015 season to be much better but we wont see those for a few years after. We are seeing old data at the moment but it is still valid.

The same point will still stand at the end of it Villa is in a group of clubs from 7th to 11 or 12th and there is less than a 5 million pound difference in their revenue so even when things are rosey on the finances again that is our 'rightful' finishing place.

Anyone who is pissed with the above fact may as well support another team because that isn't going to change without a man city style investment where you buy your way a champions league spot to rise up those revenue tables anyone who moans about this fact yet still stays a fan will never be a happy fan.

Just curious have you paid much attention to us?

You talk like we're constantly finishing mid table. We're not. Under houllier our 9th place finish covered up what was an awful season and it's been 3 relegation battles in a row.

I don't necessarily agree that position has always been based on income though as Everton have proven with a good manager who generally purchased good players creating the right balance within his team. 

We still have the 7th highest wage bill, Our turnover is only the 9th highest. net debt is 122 mil. 18 mil loss last tax year compared to 54 mil the previous year. Should Lerner just keep spending until we are bankrupt. Obviously its going to take time for Lambert to get our club back on a level footing and maybe start challenging for eufa league places.

Not "obviously" at all . If anything the odds are against us ever challenging under this regime. Amazing how low expectations are now. When you say "we are bankrupt", firstly it is nothing to do with "we" and secondly RL is no longer part of the "we". His only interest now is finding a buyer.

Why is our turnover only 9th and wage bill. Surely the club needs to be run better. Increase turnover. Also i believe the wage bill will be down significantly next accounts

Thing is - we don't look like a side that going to finish 7th-12th 

Well you're telling us we're chatting shit for being unhappy with the current state of the club. Your evidence for us chatting shit is that we have the 8th highest income. And like I said we haven't finished there for the past 3 years and probably won't this year. So what exactly are we chatting shit about?

Is that really what I said? Or is that the 'Big_John_10' version of what I said which is completely not what I said?

2010/11 - 8th 49pts 14th 46 pts Villa 9th 48 pts  (8th  49pts 14th 46pts)     6 places 3 points

2011/12 - 8th 52pts 14th 45 pts Villa 16th 38 pts (10th 47pts 15th 43pts)   5 places 4 points

2012/13 - 8th 49pts 14th 41 pts Villa 15th 41 pts (9th 46pts 16th 41pts)     7 places 5 points

The above table shows that there is a clear correlation of how many points are needed for us to finish in the maximum place our revenue allows us to.

It also shows there is a clear pack of clubs just after that place each year so it isn't very clear until the end of each season where the club will finish as if there is only 3 to 5 points in it for 5 to 7 places what I am saying isn't dumb and it is clearly truth.

A quick look at a list of each PL club and their revenue backs this up.....

Not "obviously" at all . If anything the odds are against us ever challenging under this regime. Amazing how low expectations are now. When you say "we are bankrupt", firstly it is nothing to do with "we" and secondly RL is no longer part of the "we". His only interest now is finding a buyer.

Why is our turnover only 9th and wage bill. Surely the club needs to be run better. Increase turnover. Also i believe the wage bill will be down significantly next accounts

Well most revenue for clubs out of Europe comes from TV money as you know so there is little between a Fulham and a Villa in terms of revenue especially when you factor we don't sell out our ground and our tickets are cheaper. If you want more revenue it has to start with more bums on seats and for all those bums to pay more to get in.

I find it hard to fathom that we have shed an entire squad and replaced it with far cheaper less experienced players who "one day" may or may not be any good and yet we are still apparently struggling financially and are suffering huge losses but yet have the 9th highest turnover and survived last season when by all accounts the club qualified for a huge cash bonanza as a result? ..... Something not adding up here! :unsure: Especially when teams with supposedly a smaller turnover are spending more than us?!... Maybe this is linked to RL staying away?

Just curious have you paid much attention to us?

You talk like we're constantly finishing mid table. We're not. Under houllier our 9th place finish covered up what was an awful season and it's been 3 relegation battles in a row.

Nah no attention I started supporting Villa this morning.

I don't necessarily agree that position has always been based on income though as Everton have proven with a good manager who generally purchased good players creating the right balance within his team. 

Fair point Everton have been the exception to the rule I have been speaking about and it is clear why this is. Firstly they take a little more than us in revenue but so what its only a couple of million the real difference has been the same manager for 10 years buying players in to fit his side.

This manager was anointed the successor to the most successful manager in British history for a reason but it certainly helps if you have one guy in charge for that length of time.

2010/11 - 8th 49pts 14th 46 pts Villa 9th 48 pts  (8th  49pts 14th 46pts)     6 places 3 points

2011/12 - 8th 52pts 14th 45 pts Villa 16th 38 pts (10th 47pts 15th 43pts)   5 places 4 points

2012/13 - 8th 49pts 14th 41 pts Villa 15th 41 pts (9th 46pts 16th 41pts)     7 places 5 points

The above table shows that there is a clear correlation of how many points are needed for us to finish in the maximum place our revenue allows us to.

It also shows there is a clear pack of clubs just after that place each year so it isn't very clear until the end of each season where the club will finish as if there is only 3 to 5 points in it for 5 to 7 places what I am saying isn't dumb and it is clearly truth.

This barely makes sense. And that is a generous interpretation,.

This barely makes sense. And that is a generous interpretation,.

The fact you cant tell what is being said in that post and the other one it was linked to makes me feel sorry for you not only that you couldn't understand it but you also took the time to say so in such a sanctimonious way.

Â