Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October

VillaTrust

We are accountable to our members. We will disclose first to them. For those who are so bothered about what was said, then you had the opportunity to come. People came from Cardiff and Brighton, made an effort to be there. Granted there are people with families and jobs, and kids who should be in bed now rather than sat here sniping at people who have spent their time trying to make a difference. Next time, go to the meeting or go on a web chat or read the official minutes from the Club.

**** me, are you Jack the Ripper's PR agent?

Edit: After  reading through this shite I'm inclined to think it may be worth forming an Anti-VillaTrust-trust. I've never seen so much marketting-jargon bollocks on one page. Go **** yourself VillaTrust, you don't speak for me, and you don't speak for the majority of Villa fans.

I doubt very much you know that. Someone forms a club. This club get's told somethings by the club. You can't be bothered turning up, getting involved, participating, giving a shit....but you still want to know what happened? Basically the fat kid looking through the treehouse window.

Ah, now I am beginning to see the purpose of the "Villa Trust". It is to give Internet-angry people the chance to hurl childish abuse at other posters.

All this has led me to think...

Would it be a good idea to set up an organisation that would represent the views of the fans to the club, maybe even have meetings with the club to put those views across, and then report back to the fans about what was said?

Not sure if this would catch on, but what do people think?

• Like 2

Failing to see how it's even abuse?? it's exactly like that, someone has started a Villa group that you have no intention of participating in but you want to know everythnig that group discusses??

Get off your arse and start your own then.

All these people were trying to do is genereate interest and invite people to come along. Should have expected nothing less from VT to start a witch hunt. Why don't you burn Kozak at the stake whilst your at it.

Failing to see how it's even abuse?? 

Have a read through your last two posts and i think you'll find some childish abuse! Start with "basically the fat kid looking through the treehouse window"...

Can I just ask, villan_007, are you a member of the Villa Trust and did you attend the secret meeting, or have you just taken up cudgels on their behalf out of sheer argumentativeness?

What's inexplicable is why the club agreed to a meeting wherein the topics discussed wasn't to be communicated to the rest of the fanbase. The sharing of information between the club, a supporters group, and the average fan should be a bare minimum requirement; the club should insist that the topics of discussion are to be shared.

Rightly or wrongly, there are fans who perceive Faulkner to be a complete waste of space, and there was already doubts about how well he does his job. The fans can't see what he does on a day to day basis, so will form opinions on what they can see. When they find out he's agreed to meetings of such a nature then, rightly or wrongly, it might enhance the impression that some fans already hold - basically that he's somewhat of a word that's been removed.

I also quite like the way this was supposed to spark interest in the Trust, but really, it hasn't because a) the secretive "oooh you can only know what was said if you came" approach, rather than whetting people's appetite/interest has gone down badly instead; and B) it turns out that nothing interesting was said anyway. Great.

• Like 1

Why should a Villa fan have to join the 'Villa Trust' in order to access information that should be made available to the wider public? 

The club are to blame for this, in reality. They agreed to a meeting with the trust and they agreed/pressured the group into non disclosure of information.

As an outsider, it's galling that the club would agree to an open event, and then tell participants that they mustn't discuss what was said. If it's an open event, the information should be open to all fans. There are no villa fans that are more deserving of privy information from the club, than any other 'because they could  be "bothered" to attend' or are a member of a trust.

• Like 4

To be fair, I really doubt anything remotely interesting was said. They never are in these types of meetings.

However, as a season ticket holder who tries to go to every away game possible, I find it quite frustrating that the only way I can find out what's being said in meetings between the club and it's fans is to join yet another club.  AVFC should publicise everything that Faulkner said in that meeting. 

Edited by PieFacE

So, could we just clarify if the trust has been set up for the benefit of Villa supporters as a whole, or just those who join the trust?  if it's the latter, it doesn't sound like the sort of organisation I'd care to have anything to do with.  Sort of like setting up a charity and only letting those who turn up to meetings benefit from it.

We are accountable to our members. We will disclose first to them. For those who are so bothered about what was said, then you had the opportunity to come. People came from Cardiff and Brighton, made an effort to be there. Granted there are people with families and jobs, and kids who should be in bed now rather than sat here sniping at people who have spent their time trying to make a difference. Next time, go to the meeting or go on a web chat or read the official minutes from the Club.

**** me, are you Jack the Ripper's PR agent?

Edit: After  reading through this shite I'm inclined to think it may be worth forming an Anti-VillaTrust-trust. I've never seen so much marketting-jargon bollocks on one page. Go **** yourself VillaTrust, you don't speak for me, and you don't speak for the majority of Villa fans.

I doubt very much you know that. Someone forms a club. This club get's told somethings by the club. You can't be bothered turning up, getting involved, participating, giving a shit....but you still want to know what happened? Basically the fat kid looking through the treehouse window.

Ah, now I am beginning to see the purpose of the "Villa Trust". It is to give Internet-angry people the chance to hurl childish abuse at other posters.

All this has led me to think...

Would it be a good idea to set up an organisation that would represent the views of the fans to the club, maybe even have meetings with the club to put those views across, and then report back to the fans about what was said?

Not sure if this would catch on, but what do people think?

From the same poster that tried to turn it into I'm a better fan than you! ner ner na ner ner!

Yep really grown up.

Failing to see how it's even abuse?? it's exactly like that, someone has started a Villa group that you have no intention of participating in but you want to know everythnig that group discusses??

Get off your arse and start your own then.

All these people were trying to do is genereate interest and invite people to come along. Should have expected nothing less from VT to start a witch hunt. Why don't you burn Kozak at the stake whilst your at it.

:huh:

Fair play, thanks for posting that.

This bit was interesting:

"Lambert has had £43 million to spend over the last 2 seasons and it is up to him how he spends it"

"Lambert has had £43 million to spend over the last 2 seasons and it is up to him how he spends it"

El Ahmadi - £2m

Lowton - £2m

Vlaar - £3m

Bennett - £2.75m

Benteke - £5m

Bowery - £500k

Westwood - £2m

Sylla - £1m

Tonev £2.5m

Bacuna - £3m

Okore - £4m

Helenius - £1.2m

Luna - £2m

Steer - £0

Kozak - £7m

Total: £35.95m

Does that mean we've got another £7m knocking around for the next window? 

You've underestimated the cost of Lowton, Benteke and Sylla by a combined £4m there.

not by what lambert said they actually cost

Well, what Lambert said doesn't agree with what's in the accounts.

Â