Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October

VillaTrust

You've underestimated the cost of Lowton, Benteke and Sylla by a combined £4m there.

not by what lambert said they actually cost

Well, what Lambert said doesn't agree with what's in the accounts.

The accounts for last sesson aren't out yet though I thought?

You've underestimated the cost of Lowton, Benteke and Sylla by a combined £4m there.

not by what lambert said they actually cost

Well, what Lambert said doesn't agree with what's in the accounts.

The accounts for last sesson aren't out yet though I thought?

Last year's ones state what was spent after the year end though.

Fair play. 

Now if you'd only have done that on say the 26th of October you may have found the reactions you recieved on here to be far more positive. 

Whoever is doing your PR tell them to stop. 

Also..... a long overdue mention for Nicky Keye. :) 

Without wanting to read between the lines too much, that PDF seems to 'indicate' that the I for action that was asked to not be disclosed was in relation to the 'Safe standing' topic of discussion - which, if I'm right, is understandable die to the potentially sensitive issues being addressed - and knowing how the country's media operates - any 'leaking' or 'spinning' f what was said could be very harmful to Avfc...

...or I could be totally wrong of course. Either way, it's an enlightening read.

Good to read they don't believe the Benteke replacement is already at the club.

Also interesting to read Lambert could've gone out and signed two player for 15m each but obviously he wanted to make the squad more competitive and wages remain an issue.

still be nowhere near the magical 43 million you keep mentioning

1) The £43m was confirmed by the Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officer of the club as the amount Paul Lambert has spent to date.  Whatever else I think of the way they've run the club, they can do the simple addition of adding up the cost of a few players, and a qualified accountant like Robin Russell isn't going to be discussing inaccurate figures.

2) £21.7m is confirmed in the audited accounts as the amount spent last year on the like of Westwood and Benteke etc.  This figure is almost exactly the amount that the likes of Soccerbase report as the amount spent on those players in total.  The signed accounts are a matter of public record and you can check for yourself if you so wish.

3) The 31 May 2013 accounts will be released in February 2014, and as part of the "Post Balance Sheet Events" note in those accounts, it will state what was spent after 31 May 2013, ie this summer's transfer window and also this coming January.  We'll then be able to see what the summer 2013 and January 2014's total spend was, add it to the £21.7m from last year, and see what the actual figure was.  Based on the fact that sites like Soccerbase were pretty accurate on last year's spend, I'm willing to trust that they've got it reasonbably right this year as well, in the absence of any other information to the contrary.  A figure of between £41m and £43m seems pretty reasonable, given that £21.7m of that from last year is already confirmed. 

Edited by Risso

Â