Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October

VillaTrust

We are 3 days away from the Q&A forum with Paul and Robin. Spaces are still available for the Q&A. Please sign up as a minimum as a free member on our website, and notify us of your attendance on enquiries@villatrust.org.uk

Many thanks

Tony

I dont post on Villatalk anymore or any other website, other than posting as VillaTrust for Villa Trust related matters to bring to Villa supporters attention. I've done so for a number of years now.

This website and the Trusts website are both kindly hosted on the same server by Simon.

For transparency, my name is Tony Barnes and have been involved in the Trust since its inception in 2001.

I dont post on Villatalk anymore or any other website, other than posting as VillaTrust for Villa Trust related matters to bring to Villa supporters attention. I've done so for a number of years now.

This website and the Trusts website are both kindly hosted on the same server by Simon.

For transparency, my name is Tony Barnes and have been involved in the Trust since its inception in 2001.

I think the question was for Randy, Tony ;)

If the Trust are being serious about 'reforming' (as such), and wish to represent a full spectrum of fans views etc, it may be useful for you to introduce the 'new' Trust in a thread so we can understand aims, what the Trust is all about (Is it still the collection of shares/representation on the board etc), the way it is going to be run so we can make a decision about signing up.

Sadly, in the previous form, it seemed to come across as a bit of a H&V mates club at time.

Paul and Robin spoke for well over 1 hour. Due to the sensitive comments made on certain subject matters raised by the supporters present, the session became a closed one so no notes or recordings have been taken. Paul was direct and didn't hold back, and those present enjoyed the session.

We would have liked more people to attend but we are relaunching now so we aim to grow

All directors standing elected and most of us went to the Bartons after for a pint. A good evening was had!

Paul and Robin spoke for well over 1 hour. Due to the sensitive comments made on certain subject matters raised by the supporters present, the session became a closed one so no notes or recordings have been taken. Paul was direct and didn't hold back, and those present enjoyed the session.

We would have liked more people to attend but we are relaunching now so we aim to grow

All directors standing elected and most of us went to the Bartons after for a pint. A good evening was had!

Does that mean your sworn to secrecy ? - or you just weren't allowed to take notes ?

If there was something really explosive I am sure it would find its way into the public domain....

Thanks to all that have joined the Trust post AGM. I thought I would share this fuller statement

First of all, the AGM went well. We now have a new Board of 6 directors who are eager to relaunch the Trust to represent supporters at a club and national level. The Board is now Peter Warrilow (Chair), Anne-Marie Fern (Acting Club Liaison until next AGM to be fully elected), David Michael (National Liaison), Chris Knight(Communications), Mike Jeffries (Community) and myself Tony Barnes (Finance). Joe Al-Khayat was elected as Company Secretary.

The Q&A session with Paul and Robin lasted for about 75 minutes. Questions ranged from strategy, the past spend/managers, spending power, financial sustainability, kits and sponsors, and safe standing amongst others which I can't recall. As I said earlier in the thread, Paul was open and a frank exchange of views was shared with the members present, most of which he has probably shared at other supporter forums and web chats. We are not unique as he regularly talks to various groups. However, on a particular subject early on in the evening, he asked that no notes/recording were taken - so we respect that wish and won't disclose the topic and comments. We have a very good relationship with the Club and to show the benefit of supporter involvement, we need to be professional and maintain that trust.

I have not taken any notes from the evening's Q&A, only the minutes of the formal AGM will be issued. (To answer Smetrov's query: I was not take any notes pre and post the request)

The aim of the Trust is to bring together a collective voice, and to represent democratically the views of supporters with the Club and nationally. The larger we are, the stronger our voice will be.

As we are relaunching, any feedback on how we can serve supporters would be welcome as we brainstorm what our action plan is for the next year. Please email us at enquiries@villatrust.org.uk.

We will take up the earlier suggestion of Pilchards

I'm just curious how it helps build a relationship with the fans when only a small amount of people are able to hear the thoughts of the chief exec and he asks them not to be repeated to the larger fan base.

Makes it seem a bit pointless if you have a Q&A about subject I'm sure we'd all like to hear about but can't.

Â