Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October

VillaTrust

@morley: it was not a secret meeting. I've said it was informal, no minutes. There was one part of the meeting on one question that was sensitive. At this stage, all I'm going to say is that the key focus of the majority of the questions was ambition. The questioner could keep following up on points and others joined in. It was no tea and biscuits with the vicar meeting. Not sure how you can put that down in writing.

We are accountable to our members. We will disclose first to them. For those who are so bothered about what was said, then you had the opportunity to come. People came from Cardiff and Brighton, made an effort to be there. Granted there are people with families and jobs, and kids who should be in bed now rather than sat here sniping at people who have spent their time trying to make a difference. Next time, go to the meeting or go on a web chat or read the official minutes from the Club.

I live in Dubai. How am I supposed to get to the meeting?

"Not sure how you can put that in writing"?

How about with words constructed from memory??

What a crock of old balls. I've never heard anything so stupid in all my life.

I just want to clear something which I'm struggling with here.

The meeting was open to everyone?

Now you're sworn to secrecy?

I really respect your efforts but what was stopping me turning up and telling everyone what was said?

Faulkner will always be much more likely to converse with the fans at events like this than any other.

There's no chance of him going on a local station to speak to people who might sit there and have a go at him. 

I wonder can anyone tell us if anyone did tell him what a embarrassing job he's done? 

So the sensitive part of the meeting was about ambition and that's not being repeated.

Well that's interesting, if the feedback regarding that question was positive I doubt it would have been asked to be kept secret.

No - the sensitive part was not about ambition. Ambition was what most of he questions were about. I'd also say there wasn't anything

It was an open meeting, & if loads of people had turned up then clearly the contents would've got to here, but equally, the meeting may have had quite a different feel. There were a small number of Trust members there, which gave it a very informal feel. So, the nature of the meeting changed due to the lack of wider interest.

Repeating what was said won't give you any new insight, it was being there and getting a feel of HOW things were said that was interesting.

I'm a bit stunned by the vitro tbh. I appreciate that there are people who live far away, or have work commitments, but I wouldn't mind betting that most of he people jumping up & down were in front of their telly less than 10 miles away, & weren't even interested enough to submit a question prior to the meeting.

but I wouldn't mind betting that most of he people jumping up & down were in front of their telly less than 10 miles away, & weren't even interested enough to submit a question prior to the meeting.

True but at the same time if the club are trying to build relationships with the fans then surely it's best to allow what was said and how it was said to be shared.

It really isn't up to me, & I can't describe the 'how' in any meaningful way. It's genuinely (as I said on the other forum) a 'you had to be there' thing. Not in a top secret kind of way, but in a meaningless without context kind if way. I don't know if that helps - I don't know if anything other than a transcript will - & we haven't got one, & everyone is going to remember it a bit differently - & there lies a potential minefield beyond the one we somehow already landed in! Seriously - we need to move on. Its done.

I wonder can anyone tell us if anyone did tell him what a embarrassing job he's done? 

I hope not, because none of us know what his job remit actually is. He may have  done a phenomenal job

Â