Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October

VillaTrust

1. Who signed Stephen Ireland?

2. Alex McLeish? Please explain and show your working out.

3. Where did you get Woodward from and when does he need to go back?

4. Can we rename the stand opposite the Trinity Road please?

5. What does Nicky Keye do now she isn't dealing with enquires from people fobbed off by the General?

6. Are you and Julie B friends on FB?

I guess these and other key questions will remain unanswered, oh life's many mysteries.

We have released statements in the past on specific sessions with the Villa hierarchy to agree areas which are sensitive/non-sensitive. These are formal meetings.What happened last week was an informal session, and not the primary purpose of the meeting which was our AGM. The questions raised were by individuals, who wanted information on their particular queries. It was not a Trust driven agenda.May be in the future some further notes will be issued on the informal part but given we are a few days on and we work/ family/ watch the Villa, there has been limited time to pull together anything.If you want to hear and take part, join. It was free for non-voting associate members had access. As we grow in numbers then such events may only be accessible by paid members.

The question remains - why would anybody sign up for membership of a group we know very little about? It's disappointing that my earlier questions haven't been answered re: the set up as it is something that I am interested in but I'm not willing to join up if it is the same as before.

@Pilchard: thanks for your valuable input. Constructive criticism appreciated as we move forward is welcome.

The membership structure is tiered with 1 paid member-1 vote structure; within this, we have life members, ten years and annual. We also have household (2 adult) discount. Beyond the paid structure, we have free non-voting subscriber/associate members who just receive communications/news alerts. In this band, you are not agreeing to any terms of membership. People from this band were invited and for new people to just sign up to gain access. Quite a few did this and said they were coming but didn't in the end. Beyond the free subscriber band, you are into the social media followers where we have 1300+ on Facebook and near 500 on twitter. The structure also includes affiliate free sign up.

Going forward, new Directors and new non-director volunteers who have come forward to assist will work on the plan for relaunch. Basic principles of all supporter trusts (as at other clubs) remains, being democratic and to represent voting members. Plan to be developed is to be more active, communicate regularly with members (and better), market ourselves better to grow membership, represent etc

We still need help from new volunteers on marketing and heritage (eg anybody with grant application experience for Oral history archive)

Good points have been raised on this thread that we need to be aware of and learn from.

We've been asking for volunteers for the last 5 years on various forums, Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter. The new volunteers have come forward over the last 5 months, mainly from the social media posts. New volunteers are David, Chris , Joe, Anne-Marie (of the Safe Standing survey). Peter, Mike and I are the old blood.

Hope this helps.

Mods - lock thread?

@Pilchard: thanks for your valuable input. Constructive criticism appreciated as we move forward is welcome.

The membership structure is tiered with 1 paid member-1 vote structure; within this, we have life members, ten years and annual. We also have household (2 adult) discount. Beyond the paid structure, we have free non-voting subscriber/associate members who just receive communications/news alerts. In this band, you are not agreeing to any terms of membership. People from this band were invited and for new people to just sign up to gain access. Quite a few did this and said they were coming but didn't in the end. Beyond the free subscriber band, you are into the social media followers where we have 1300+ on Facebook and near 500 on twitter. The structure also includes affiliate free sign up.

Going forward, new Directors and new non-director volunteers who have come forward to assist will work on the plan for relaunch. Basic principles of all supporter trusts (as at other clubs) remains, being democratic and to represent voting members. Plan to be developed is to be more active, communicate regularly with members (and better), market ourselves better to grow membership, represent etc

We still need help from new volunteers on marketing and heritage (eg anybody with grant application experience for Oral history archive)

Good points have been raised on this thread that we need to be aware of and learn from.

We've been asking for volunteers for the last 5 years on various forums, Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter. The new volunteers have come forward over the last 5 months, mainly from the social media posts. New volunteers are David, Chris , Joe, Anne-Marie (of the Safe Standing survey). Peter, Mike and I are the old blood.

Hope this helps.

Mods - lock thread?

You have told us who the trust are but not what it does or aims to do?

I appreciate that you are all Villa fans/volunteers and i applaud the initiative. However if you want it to be anything other than another little elite you need to make your raison d'être and objectives known.

We have released statements in the past on specific sessions with the Villa hierarchy to agree areas which are sensitive/non-sensitive. These are formal meetings.

What happened last week was an informal session, and not the primary purpose of the meeting which was our AGM. The questions raised were by individuals, who wanted information on their particular queries. It was not a Trust driven agenda.

May be in the future some further notes will be issued on the informal part but given we are a few days on and we work/ family/ watch the Villa, there has been limited time to pull together anything.

If you want to hear and take part, join. It was free for non-voting associate members had access. As we grow in numbers then such events may only be accessible by paid members.

Makes me wonder why you created a thread called  "Q&A Forum with Faulkner 24th Octorber" in the first place. Also makes me wonder why you came back just to tell us that it was all top secret. You should have just relesead some general information, and kept the secret part secret. Would have saved us and you a lot of annoyance. My suggestion is that you open a PR position. Or maybe you did all of this just to spark interest in the VillaTrust, hmmm :detect:

@Skruff: purpose of thread was to advertise Q&A so that people were aware of its existence and could come along.

Why I came back on here post AGM: out of courtesy to post a statement as we had done on H&V so we would not get the "H&V old boys" tag.

@Mike: sorry, I didn't want to repeat myself as I thought I had stated aims earlier. Representation of members is the key aim in dealing with the Club and at national level. Supporting Grass roots football is the secondary community aim.

The details of the plan to achieve the aims are to be discussed and agreed amongst the new team. Once we are in a position to communicate our action plan, then we will come on and open a new thread.

@SikhInTrinity: respect your opinion. I'm happy for the thread to be closed as the purpose of advertising the Q&A so supporters could attend has been met.

Hyping up the Trust as we go for a planned relaunch will come in due course. But there is no hype at moment.

Next time you are on Trinity Rd, stand by the McGregor statue and look at the name plate on the floor behind it. You will see that we are not just hype but action.

Supporters have put £22,000 in membership subscriptions and donations through the AVST since we came into existence. Not hype but fact. We have delivered McGregor statue and his grave restoration. Great achievements only possible through supporter involvement in the Trust.

All the best. UTV!

A non secret, secret meeting in which the things discussed are not allowed to leave the four walls that the meeting was held in. This is probably the most ridiculous thing that's happened at Villa Park over the last few years and we've had McLeish as manager during that time.

Most average Villa fans, you know - the ones that are expected to buy season tickets, a replica shirt, a pie and a beer, only to be served up another load of inept shite as our cheap bunch of plucky, young lower league players chase their way around the pitch to a determined, but ultimately inevitable loss; they deserve to know what was said!

Are the club running a secret society now? I don't understand what's gone on here.

How can I join the Villa Bilderberg Trust? And what is the initiation process? :detect:

• Like 1

I started the gripe about not knowing what was said at the meeting.

To qualify this - it was people forming supporters groups\Action Groups\Protest groups that led to the demise of Ellis. There were plenty who laughed and said 'Doug's there for life' - laughed at the protests attempts etc. Yes the club is no longer is a PLC - and Randy can do what he likes. Never underestimate the power supporters have though.

• Like 1

Exactly Smetrov. The money the PL gave clubs for away schemes came from fan pressure. The FSF's 20isPlenty was followed by the PL Trusts meeting in Brum, writing letters, marching to PL office and meeting them and lo and behold. Our sister Trusts at Man U, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal were heavily involved but the key force was the Spirit of Shankly. We've also met 2 PL officials at St George's Park to discuss supporter issues.

Voice is only powerful if you are united as one.

@morley: it was not a secret meeting. I've said it was informal, no minutes. There was one part of the meeting on one question that was sensitive. At this stage, all I'm going to say is that the key focus of the majority of the questions was ambition. The questioner could keep following up on points and others joined in. It was no tea and biscuits with the vicar meeting. Not sure how you can put that down in writing.

We are accountable to our members. We will disclose first to them. For those who are so bothered about what was said, then you had the opportunity to come. People came from Cardiff and Brighton, made an effort to be there. Granted there are people with families and jobs, and kids who should be in bed now rather than sat here sniping at people who have spent their time trying to make a difference. Next time, go to the meeting or go on a web chat or read the official minutes from the Club.

Â