Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October

VillaTrust

Kind of sums a few Villa fans up for me - I want success but I dont want to buy a ticket untill we get there or fill the stadium. I understand about people who live abroad but the invite was there, if you couldn't be arsed then don't expect to be told what was said.

• Like 1

Kind of sums a few Villa fans up for me - I want success but I dont want to buy a ticket untill we get there or fill the stadium. I understand about people who live abroad but the invite was there, if you couldn't be arsed then don't expect to be told what was said.

So you're happy to be kept in the dark then?

Forget that some of these idle fans who can't be bothered to join up to some Trust happen to be season ticket holders who actually up their money where their mouths are. Nope, they're not worthy unless they join the Trust!

Christ no wonder Lerner's got away with what he's done with a fan base as apathetic as ours.

• Like 1

What a load of shit.

• Like 2

What utter rubbish.  If they didn't want to discuss what was said, they should have just gone along and kept it to themselves.  Nobody asked them to promote it on here.  

• Like 2

What utter rubbish.  If they didn't want to discuss what was said, they should have just gone along and kept it to themselves.  Nobody asked them to promote it on here.  

How is it rubbish? they promoted it on here to generate numbers, if you wanted to find out then go, don't expect to sit on your ass do nothing and then get given what everyone else has worked hard for.

• Like 1

So we now have to join a supporters group if we want to hear from the club? Brilliant, i would have thought being a season ticket holder was enough to be able to hear what the plans were. Actually i think just being a supporter should entitle you to hear whats going on.

Doesn't promote a strong relationship between club and supporters when only certain groups get to hear about meetings with the chief exec.

• Like 1

Why this is complete nonsense is because apparently something was said at the meeting that was so sensitive that the participants were sworn to secrecy, Clearly if more people had gone, and if it had been felt that the people attending were likely to spread the secret message around, it wouldn't have been said to the meeting at all. 

Am I being cynical thinking that maybe this is being milked for all it's worth to get more people to join the Villa Trust for the next meeting?

Not sure about that - but conversely had they been told by Faulkner "Theres an Arab with more money than sense taking over at the end of the season - but you mustn't tell anyone'  - it would have hit the internet by now !!!.  So whatever the secret its not whoppa bubbling beneath the surface its more likley 'Darren Bent said................" etc - you get the point 

So we now have to join a supporters group if we want to hear from the club? Brilliant, i would have thought being a season ticket holder was enough to be able to hear what the plans were. Actually i think just being a supporter should entitle you to hear whats going on.

Doesn't promote a strong relationship between club and supporters when only certain groups get to hear about meetings with the chief exec.

PF has done 2 web chats and an interview in the H&V magazine. If this is your idea of being kept in the dark you must like being blinded!

Nothing new, nothing you haven't heard before, just interesting to hear it from the horses mouth - it gives it a different flavour. That's all.

Am I being cynical thinking that maybe this is being milked for all it's worth to get more people to join the Villa Trust for the next meeting?

Not sure about that - but conversely had they been told by Faulkner "Theres an Arab with more money than sense taking over at the end of the season - but you mustn't tell anyone'  - it would have hit the internet by now !!!.  So whatever the secret its not whoppa bubbling beneath the surface its more likley 'Darren Bent said................" etc - you get the point 

I'd say it was more along the lines of "yeah, we're looking to bring in an attacking midfielder in January, but we're playing up the notion we have no money to let us get it done away from the public gaze, and we'd appreciate it if nobody here mentioned it online so that we can continue to do our business behind closed doors"

the potential positive is if it's true, the potential negative is that it's something that's very easy to lie about, because if it doesn't happen well then "oh we just couldn't agree terms"

PF has done 2 web chats and an interview in the H&V magazine. If this is your idea of being kept in the dark you must like being blinded!

Nothing new, nothing you haven't heard before, just interesting to hear it from the horses mouth - it gives it a different flavour. That's all.

if it was nothing that we don't know, why is Villa Trust making out that something was said that can't be repeated

It really isn't up to me

If you attended the meeting, then it most definitely is up to you if you wanted to say

It was my first Trust meeting. I've been asked to take on a role there that I would like, so I'd prefer not to F it up by speaking out of turn before I even get started.

What was used as the carrot/stick to convince people not to relate what was said at this meeting?

No carrots or sticks needed for me - I'm just genuinely nice!

[https://www.facebook.com/SomethingFreeUK/posts/479411978794777:0quote name="P3te" post="1115271" timestamp="1383246373]Am I being cynical thinking that maybe this is being milked for all it's worth to get more people to join the Villa Trust for the next meeting?

Yes. It's now not enough to be a season ticket holder or a regular Villa Park attendee. You now have to sign up to a Trust to become worthy to be kept in the loop. What a load of codswallop.

We are accountable to our members. We will disclose first to them. For those who are so bothered about what was said, then you had the opportunity to come. People came from Cardiff and Brighton, made an effort to be there. Granted there are people with families and jobs, and kids who should be in bed now rather than sat here sniping at people who have spent their time trying to make a difference. Next time, go to the meeting or go on a web chat or read the official minutes from the Club.

**** me, are you Jack the Ripper's PR agent?

Edit: After  reading through this shite I'm inclined to think it may be worth forming an Anti-VillaTrust-trust. I've never seen so much marketting-jargon bollocks on one page. Go **** yourself VillaTrust, you don't speak for me, and you don't speak for the majority of Villa fans.

Edited by Davkaus

We are accountable to our members. We will disclose first to them. For those who are so bothered about what was said, then you had the opportunity to come. People came from Cardiff and Brighton, made an effort to be there. Granted there are people with families and jobs, and kids who should be in bed now rather than sat here sniping at people who have spent their time trying to make a difference. Next time, go to the meeting or go on a web chat or read the official minutes from the Club.

I think we have just witnessed the creation

Of a new species of "better fan than you" post!

• Like 2

**** me, are you Jack the Ripper's PR agent?

Edit: After  reading through this shite I'm inclined to think it may be worth forming an Anti-VillaTrust-trust. I've never seen so much marketting-jargon bollocks on one page. Go **** yourself VillaTrust, you don't speak for me, and you don't speak for the majority of Villa fans.

I doubt very much you know that. Someone forms a club. This club get's told somethings by the club. You can't be bothered turning up, getting involved, participating, giving a shit....but you still want to know what happened? Basically the fat kid looking through the treehouse window.

Â