What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Stan,

That looks the mutts nutts mate!! love the front grill, may look into getting one of them! i bet it goes like a bat out hell. 

Mine is the exact same inside and i removed my stripe also mate, love the interior. 

The chap ordered the wrong leveling kit so got to wait till tonight to pick it up.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

Stan,

That looks the mutts nutts mate!! love the front grill, may look into getting one of them! i bet it goes like a bat out hell. 

Mine is the exact same inside and i removed my stripe also mate, love the interior. 

The chap ordered the wrong leveling kit so got to wait till tonight to pick it up.

Thanks Dom.

The normal Raptor grille won't fit because of the cutout in the bonnet, so I had to order mine from this place:

http://boost-bars.com/product/raptoid-upper-grille/

Looking forward to seeing the pics once you get yours back! :)

3 hours ago, Risso said:

Stan that pickup is awesome mate, it's what I imagine a 4WD Knight Rider would look like!

Thanks Risso.

It's always amusing turning up to client meetings in the truck. Serious business men become 5 years old for a brief spell, as they ask if they can sit in it and start it up! 

Incidentally, @Dom_Wren how are you finding the Eco Boost engine in yours? Supposed to be a heck of a unit that leaves the V8 for dead.

8 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

bought a renault megane for £700 once. When you braked, the indicators all lit up but the brake lights didnt. i didnt know why I was constantly getting road raged on (in Glasgow) for the first month or so til someone pointed it out

that was one of the things he said, at one time even changing a light bulb could cause a short in the system ....many times you see a pre 08 Renault with flashing brake lights instead of indicators  

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Thanks Risso.

It's always amusing turning up to client meetings in the truck. Serious business men become 5 years old for a brief spell, as they ask if they can sit in it and start it up! 

Incidentally, @Dom_Wren how are you finding the Eco Boost engine in yours? Supposed to be a heck of a unit that leaves the V8 for dead.

I like it mate. I've owned 2 previous f150s with the old workhorse 5.4L V8. But this is rapid when foot is down.

I spun the wheels pulling out of the dealership when I first got it  

Fuel economy ain't great 17mpg city with a full but not heavy bed.

I do miss the burble of a v8. I had twin flow masters in my old one and it would wake the dead at idle. I kinda liked it!!

• Like 1

Wow, got my truck back tonight, even though it doesnt look anything like the truck i let go. Holy smokes i absolutely LOVE it, it looks so aggressive and everything fits just right, the 2" level kit that raised the front looks awesome, i will post pics when its light tomorrow, but it exceeded all my expectations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, would anybody have any opinion on a 12 month old Suzuki Vitara?

2WD version, would be used for typical family bus stuff. 2 trips to school every day for a bunch of teenagers carrying guitars n stuff, supermarket shopping, trips to Ikea, rarely see a motorway, needs to be able to carry a shit load of stuff every once in a blue moon.

I know a pimped up G Wagen with led's underneath would be better, but it's not me that's going to be driving it 97.5% of the time.

Only an idea, there's an ex demo one that looks too good (cheap) to be true, i.e., basically half price after 10 months as a demo. Which could mean it's too good to be true....right?

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 23:15, Dom_Wren said:

w8732d.jpg

15q9d3m.jpg

2cqefl3.jpg

2rqnes0.jpg

will be great right up until you hit the first bend and your car can't corner it on account of being American :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Isn't that a hairdressers car ?

I think it is. But you're dealing with a situation here where the specification I've been given to work with is:

1 - not a boring colour

2 - quite high up so it's easy for nan to get in and out

3 - a reversing camera

4 - quite big, but not too big

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think it is. But you're dealing with a situation here where the specification I've been given to work with is:

1 - not a boring colour

2 - quite high up so it's easy for nan to get in and out

3 - a reversing camera

4 - quite big, but not too big

thinking about it wasn't that the Suzuki Swift ?

I've no idea about the interior  and reliability and what not  but it actually looks ok when I goggled it 

we have a couple of JLR employees on here .. just to let you know I'm holding you personally responsible for the F-Pace advert with Stephen Hawking  :angry: ... it's like something one of the deluded clearings in the woods on the Apprentice would come up with 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think I've seen 9 teslas already this week, nice car, had a look...that's not happening

The body is like a jag and a Mondeo had a one night stand but it's not unappealing ... I also had a look at one but decided that Tesla have been making cars for about 3 weeks id rather wait until the Germans who have been making cars for a 100 years get properly in on the act

Edited by tonyh29

Â