What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

13 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I even drove her fabia (had to correct the auto spelling on that word !)

Given @chrisp65has been typing VAG in capital letters, it’s nice to see some more diligent posters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had a short trip in the Lupo, which coincided with one of the massive downpours we've had today. During which the windscreen wipers just stopped.

My arse could grip a pin like a vice.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I’ve had my ID3 for a little while now, and it’s great. Very roomy and comfortable, very smooth ride (lane assist aside, it is complete rubbish on the motorway and is best just to switch off completely,) big enough to fit my son’s bike with the back seats down if I need to, and I really only have to charge it a couple of times a week overnight for my commute. 

And it saves me a fortune every month compared to the lease and fuel expense on my Octavia. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

We got a 1.6 kia sportage recently, very happy with it, but it has no poke.

Petrol? 

The old-ish 1.6 turbo diesel ford put in their cars was great. Nippy enough but also really efficient.

26 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Mrs has recently ordered a new Sportage hybrid GT Line. Looks like Kia have finally got it right with this one. Although, was supposed to be delivered August, now has gone to late October, I've no doubt with my experience, we will be lucky to get it before Christmas. Our Skoda is due back middle of July so I'm going to have to recommission my trusty old 54 plate Clio Diesel for a couple of months, which has been sitting at my parents house for 3 years. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Yep. Petrol. Nice drive except when overtaking:) 

My wife has a 1.2 Turbo Petrol Juke and that is nippy enough for driving around town. Is it a turbo 1.6? I imagine a NA 1.6 petrol to be flat as a pancake.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

My wife has a 1.2 Turbo Petrol Juke and that is nippy enough for driving around town. Is it a turbo 1.6? I imagine a NA 1.6 petrol to be flat as a pancake.

Had one, so poor on fuel for a 1.2 engine.

This looks very cheap, brand new (pre-registered) family sized EV for £24k.

link

The award-winning MG5 EV is a fully electric, spacious and feature-filled estate, giving you room for everything you need, whilst returning an impressive pure-electric range of up to 250 miles from a single charge. You won’t spend too much time powering up either, with the battery able to charge from 10% to 80% in under 40 minutes.

With the Exclusive option, you will enjoy an 8-inch Colour Touchscreen, Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, Heated Front Seats, Sat Nav, Rear Parking Camera & Sensors, Adaptive Cruise Control, Smart Keyless Entry and MGs suite of assistance systems.

054932_ext_001.jpg?&width=1500&center=0.

054932_ext_019.jpg?&width=1500&center=0.

054932_ext_031.jpg?&width=1500&center=0.

I can’t see the Chinese shifting many of them, the European brands have clearly identified that what we all want is £60,000 worth of electric SUV with tyres of a quarry truck.

Nobody wants something affordable for the family.

• Like 2

On 19/06/2023 at 16:56, chrisvilla4 said:

Other than the EV6, I think this is the story of Kia. I have a Proceed GT Line S (what a name?!) with a little three-pot turbo engine: V v little poke and not particularly refined. I would say it sounds 'throaty' but what I would mean is 'throaty that needs Benylin'.

I'm quite happy with it, mind: lots of toys, solid inside and looks the business. 

5 hours ago, Genie said:

This looks very cheap, brand new (pre-registered) family sized EV for £24k.

link

Just a pure white good/appliance car. As you say, its cheap and does the job and an ideal car for people who don't care about cars. 

MG Motor customer service and after sales support is meant to be **** horrific though. I guess it is a risk whatever you buy. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Xela said:

Just a pure white good/appliance car. As you say, its cheap and does the job and an ideal car for people who don't care about cars. 

MG Motor customer service and after sales support is meant to be **** horrific though. I guess it is a risk whatever you buy. 

Yeah. it'd look nice outside your retirement flat. 😂

19 hours ago, Xela said:

I stopped buying VW’s because of their awful customer service. I’ve ended up eventually in a Skoda and they’ve been brilliant. Then, last month I had to deal with the finance people and they’re actually just VW Finance covering all of VAG. Once again I was plunged in to shit customer service where you are told lies. It got to the point where they instructed a repo man to take my car, and advised me to hide it from him by not parking outside my house.

It’s fascinating, it’s years since I dealt with anyone from VW and it was like being right back there. Weird how some companies must just have a company policy or ethos of ‘screw you’.

Â