What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

I like that my Skoda has hand gesture technology.

Swooshing my hand close to the screen changes the album, or shows me a text I’ve received or turns the volume up on a call.

Of course, it also switches the radio to BBC Radio 3 if you try to use the indicators, but hey, early adopter.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Absolutely love these, we all gotta have an Alfa at some stage, this would be my pick, in red, convertible is a beauty too.

Funnily enough I don't think they work well in red for some reason. I chose the blue because that was my favourite colour for that model, but I've since seen the Brera spider in champagne and that gave me a trouser crisis.

53b91d41b884603ba428d47773016061.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BOF said:

Funnily enough I don't think they work well in red for some reason. I chose the blue because that was my favourite colour for that model, but I've since seen the Brera spider in champagne and that gave me a trouser crisis.

53b91d41b884603ba428d47773016061.png

Wow, forget red, champers for me too, beautiful motor that. 

• Haha 1

NO.

Never buy a car in light brown.

Beacuse that’s what it is. You can call it champagne, you can call it organic calico in California, you can call it Gwyneth’s crotch.

it’s metallic light brown.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

NO.

Never buy a car in light brown.

Beacuse that’s what it is. You can call it champagne, you can call it organic calico in California, you can call it Gwyneth’s crotch.

it’s metallic light brown.

Aways amazes me when you see cars in these shitty colours, I think at some point someone was in the dealership with a full colour pallet of options to pick from... and went with that.

disgusted lucy liu GIF

• Like 1

Probably a bit stereotypical or sexist even to say, but SUVs should come with a lisence requirement, i.e. there should be a test involved. The amount of women driving SUVs where I live is ridiculous, and they can't drive them for squat. They have no idea how to position the car, nevermind driving it. But for some reason the housewives here come with a cabin tractor, even if they clearly aren't comfortable driving it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

Funny you should say that (you're wrong btw, but I digress).  My current least favourite colour for a car is below.

"And what colour would you like it in?"

"Ooh, hearing aid beige please"

IMG_6400.jpg

EI5.gif

Pretty damn similar to the Alfa above isn't it? :D

Who am I to judge though, I'm seriously considering picking up one of these, in this colour. I just saw one of them that's sold, I'm keeping an eye out for another 

sfiOtwp.png

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Pretty damn similar to the Alfa above isn't it? :D

And that's the thing about colours. The Fiat one is just flat as hell and drab and utterly horrible.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Who am I to judge though, I'm seriously considering picking up one of these, in this colour. I just saw one of them that's sold, I'm keeping an eye out for another 

sfiOtwp.png

I love TVR colours. Mental things.  That's an absolutely beautiful car. Stunner from every angle.

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

And that's the thing about colours. The Fiat one is just flat as hell and drab and utterly horrible.

Ahh, I see, the Fiat colour is flat, but Alfa’s metallic hearing aid beige, that’s a different level.

I’ve mentioned it a few times before, I saw a brown Porsche and I just couldn’t get my head around what thinking process had lead to someone deciding brown was the right colour for their Porsche. If you want it to disappear, choose black, or white, or silver. If you want a cock substitute, go with red or yellow. What the hell is brown about?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Ahh, I see, the Fiat colour is flat, but Alfa’s metallic hearing aid beige, that’s a different level.

I’ve mentioned it a few times before, I saw a brown Porsche and I just couldn’t get my head around what thinking process had lead to someone deciding brown was the right colour for their Porsche. If you want it to disappear, choose black, or white, or silver. If you want a cock substitute, go with red or yellow. What the hell is brown about?

I agree no-one should be buying a proper 'morning stool' brown car.  Unless it's one of those period 70s yokes that just looks like a time capsule. maybe with a lovely orange interior.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Funny you should say that (you're wrong btw, but I digress).  My current least favourite colour for a car is below.

"And what colour would you like it in?"

"Ooh, hearing aid beige please"

IMG_6400.jpg

My Mom has that car in that colour. 

Cappuccino she calls it.

Beige. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Coming up on 6 years later and I'm still driving her!

6 years and it hasn't fallen to pieces or rusted away :trollface:

I'm not a massive Alfa fan, but I do like the Brera. In red. V6. With these type of alloy wheels. WB.

1jVggcM.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Cars and colours are funny things. Some colours just suit a car. Red and Ferrari. White and Lamborghini. Silver for an Aston. BRG for a Jag sports car. I wouldn't even consider a red Aston*

A brown porker though? Not good. 

*well, it was free, I would. 

Â