What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think this is something which will just become the norm.

If Honda can already have it on a ‘small’ car then it’s really not far away as a standard.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

I really like the Honda E. Its my favourite EV out there. I saw one over by my folks house at the weekend. Quite surprised really as they have only just got electricity in that part of the country!

The camera mirrors have also been implemented in HGVs as well. Mercedes being an early adopter. Will help with those huge blind spots on trucks. 

6a00d8341c4fbe53ef0240a4a8ef8d200c-550wi

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 09/03/2021 at 09:57, omariqy said:

Plumped for a used Audi Q7. Arriving from Scotland in a couple of weeks!

Has it arrived and how are you getting on with it?

I am thinking of parting ways with mine come August but i'm unsure what to go for next.

3 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

Picked this up after selling my truck:

F87903-F4-273-D-43-F9-A747-CA6665-DEE22-

bunch of mods but I mostly enjoy the Edelbrock supercharger. Bumping bhp to 627

Car jealousy! I'd love one of them, I should make the most of being in europe and get a mustang / charger / challenger /camaro but Im in the city so can't justify it

I think one of those would be practically impossible in the UK with the tax insurance and running costs 

Edited by villa4europe

Just done my two hour speed awareness course. The expected bitching about speed cameras being more about coining in fines than safety. Course presenter gave the standard government response, but then "off the record" admitted he thinks so, too. 

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just done my two hour speed awareness course. The expected bitching about speed cameras being more about coining in fines than safety. Course presenter gave the standard government response, but then "off the record" admitted he thinks so, too. 

Two hours? Mine went on for nearly 4! So you think you gained anything from it though?

Mine was turn up for 12, started at 1, finished at 5. It was the motorway awareness course. Off the M6 toll into a 60. Didn’t think there was cameras. Less than 2 weeks later etc. 

57 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have mine in a few weeks too... deep joy! 

48 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Two hours? Mine went on for nearly 4! So you think you gained anything from it though?

Other than avoiding penalty points and insurance hikes? Nope. 

I noticed having just renewed my insurance that the speeding penalty points only last for 3 years now, I thought it was 5+.

So I’m back down to 3 points again which means I can start speeding again ;) 

Also, for the first time in living memory my car insurer sent me a renewal quote that was actually less than I paid for the last year, still negotiated it down even further obvs as the price comparisons were coming in cheaper still.

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve only been caught speeding once, and that was in Germany where they hide the cameras in bushes so I don’t think that counts. 

Twice for me. Once on an average speed check on the M5, which I did a speed awareness course for, 56 in a 50 i think. It was foggy and completely forgot about the restrictions coming from M6. Suddenly remembered and I must of slowed down just in time as was probably doing 70+ at the start of the the zone.

The other was in Florida, just getting used to the Mustang we had. There was a speed trap and a police car burst out of hiding and pulled me over. 

Been done twice.  Once traveling to a customer for work down south, and then a couple of Christmases ago doing 36 in a 30 one quiet morning.  Fined the first time, speed awareness the second time. All clean now though 😁

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Also, for the first time in living memory my car insurer sent me a renewal quote that was actually less than I paid for the last year, still negotiated it down even further obvs as the price comparisons were coming in cheaper still.

Mine did the same as well. It was Elephant (part of Admiral)

Â