World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The whole thing is corrupt from top to bottom and has been since the 70s.  Qatar wasn't the first to buy a World Cup, and probably won't be the last.  

No they sold 2 in one go back in 2010

Thow one just feels more brazen though as Qatar are so unsuitable as a host and have so much money

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so apparently kane is getting a yellow before kick off if he wears it. take it i reckon

funny how people that say politics should be kept away from football suddenly have a lot to say when a player refuses to wear a poppy...

It'd increase my view of Kane by a lot if he did.

Eriksen is also due to do something according to the Danes. Good stuff. I can see one of them wearing a shirt with a dollar sign and Infantino or something.

It would be great if there was a proper standoff. England say we wear it, without punishment, or we don’t play.

Then Wales, Denmark and the others say the same. 

Just to embarrass Infantino more than anything as he’s clearly promised Qatar anything they want.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

It'd increase my view of Kane by a lot if he did.

Eriksen is also due to do something according to the Danes. Good stuff. I can see one of them wearing a shirt with a dollar sign and Infantino or something.

So is neuer according to the papers here

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It would be great if there was a proper standoff. England say we wear it, without punishment, or we don’t play.

Just to embarrass Infantino more than anything as he’s clearly promised Qatar anything they want.

Netherlands have decided not to wear it now.  The others will follow suit. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so apparently kane is getting a yellow before kick off if he wears it. take it i reckon

funny how people that say politics should be kept away from football suddenly have a lot to say when a player refuses to wear a poppy...

Please don't compare rainbow arm band to the Poppy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That's crazy, as I said it's a Dutch invention, they started it

Wonder if dutch grass roots are getting new changing rooms or dutch people in general are getting cheaper heating bills

Edited by villa4europe

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Looks like England are going to be first up. If we do it and FIFA softens it’s stance then all will follow.

Best thing FIFA could do to avoid embarrassment this morning would be to say it’s up to the nation if they wear it or not. It’ll make it look like it is their decision.

If England get reprimanded, will the other nations back us up? 

Edited by Genie

Captains should were them, and the team should walk off the pitch if they are booked. If all the nations wearing the armband did that it would be highly embarrassing for FIFA.

Edited by jim

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

To be fair, they are different.

One is a symbol of respect and remembrance for people who have died and has **** all impact on what's going on in the World today.
The other is a campaign against hate which is, sadly, still in the World today.

Guess which one the homophobes and racists think is more important?

Like I said in the eyes of fifa they're the same, fifa doesn't care about context or reason or what the message is, one being for dead soldiers and the others being for inclusivitiy is irrelevant to fifa

You are not allowed to make any kind of message... Unless it's a fifa approved one

The problem then comes in the hypocrisy, UEFA let them do it, fifa let them do it in the September games but they're not allowed to do it here and now which is bullshit

If they wanted to ban it then they should have done it on day 1, instead it's somehow a message that they can pick and choose when it's relevant? Nope, the captains should wear it

And also one love is banned because its a message but feed the children is OK because it's a fifa approved message? Again nope, it's full blown hypocrisy at the request of fifas pay masters

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think Kane is one of the big names out there because of the popularity of the Premier League, so I doubt they (FIFA) want to touch him. Even the locals are more fans of players than clubs or countries.

If Messi would try something, I would like to see what the FIFA does, he is bigger than FIFA right now in the eyes of supporters around the world. Ronaldo, Neymar, Neuer, Van Dijk,... they are the faces of football, not Infantino or Qatar. However, I don't think these players want to get into this.

Â