World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

28 minutes ago, sne said:

Not sure Infantino is going to win many people over with his latest press conference defending the WC in Qatar. It's a whopper :D 

And apparently he knows how it feels to be discriminated because he used to be bullied for having red hair. :crylaugh:And his family were immigrant workers in Switzerland coming from Italy.  I kid you not.

What the hell did I just watch? This idiot is insanely well paid and acts like this. Can't make this crap up. 

9 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

What the hell did I just watch? This idiot is insanely well paid and acts like this. Can't make this crap up. 

This press conference will be one for the ages. In 20 years time people will still be pulling quotes from it and asking why we didn't stop him while there was still time.

On 16/11/2022 at 09:28, ender4 said:

They did. Yesterday on the main BBC news they had a story about a worker from Nepal who died while constructing the stadium. They followed his story from Nepal to why he decided to come to Qatar, pictures of him in Qatar, interviews with his friends in Qatar and then the sad aftermath for his family in Nepal.

No, I mean before every match.

55 minutes ago, sne said:

Not sure Infantino is going to win many people over with his latest press conference defending the WC in Qatar. It's a whopper :D 

And apparently he knows how it feels to be discriminated because he used to be bullied for having red hair. :crylaugh:And his family were immigrant workers in Switzerland coming from Italy.  I kid you not.

I think at this stage he is aware he is defending the indefensible but suppose as FIFA President he has to try 😂

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Qatar are defending the amount of worker deaths because they were not on killed on stadium projects as if that makes it better 😳

I'm curious, how exactly are the majority of workers dying? Is it the extreme heats or the working conditions in general like health and safety regulations?  

3 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I'm curious, how exactly are the majority of workers dying? Is it the extreme heats or the working conditions in general like health and safety regulations?  

All of the above I think maybe add in disease and malnutrition into the mix too. Hardly surprising that we are in this situation given that the award of the tournament was one of the biggest acts of bribery ever seen and from then on your in the pockets of these guys. No we are on the eve of the World Cup people are starting to arrive and the government out there are now changing what they promised. What a shock 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

Everything about this WC is a corrupt farce. Everyone has their snouts in the trough. 

I'm afraid you are right, it's disgusting .

FIFA has overstepped the mark with this one. I'm disappointed with the FA , they should have took a stand when it was announced and said we're not going, maybe tried to encourage other FA's into following suit and formed an alternative international football association, they missed a golden opportunity to rid football of these criminals who are now rubbing our noses in their shit. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

FIFA has overstepped the mark with this one. I'm disappointed with the FA , they should have took a stand when it was announced and said we're not going, maybe tried to encourage other FA's into following suit and formed an alternative international football association, they missed a golden opportunity to rid football of these criminals who are now rubbing our noses in their shit. 

This. If any of these FA’s who have come out in opposition to Qatar hosting actually cared, they wouldn’t be going. All talk. Wear a rainbow armband though, that’ll show the Qatari’s.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

As part of some fifa directive the working conditions on the stadiums were supposedly better than the rest of the infrastructure projects there

3 workers died on site which you'd guess was healthy and safety but also unfortunately unusual for 8 projects that large, 37 then died at "home" which will be a mixture of the conditions, the long hours, the heat, exhaustion etc

The argument is then would the infrastructure projects and the poor conditions which has seen over 7000 deaths in Qatar still be a thing if there was no WC

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tinker said:

Yep. The big federations like England, Germany France, Spain etc should have just said "No, we're not having it and we won't be competing"

FIFA are one horrific organisation. Say what you like about Qatar, but they are what they are. They have't changed. FIFA are the ones who accepted bribes, gave it to them, then switched it to winter and are now defending them. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t support it either but you do bring some interesting points up.  Similar to this

The man doth protest too much. 🤔

Supposedly visitors are being 'asked' to install, it's unclear just how mandatory they are, 2 apps on their phones: Ehteraz & Hayya, which are effectively spyware:

Permissions

Apps

Ehteraz

Hayya
Read or modify (delete/change) all content on the device Y

N

Share unrestricted personal information

N Y
Access to connect to WiFi Y

N

Access to connect to Bluetooth

Y N
Full network access N

Y

Override other apps

Y N
Prevent the device to enter sleep mode or from switching off Y

Y

Overview of the exact device location

Y Y
Make direct calls from the phone Y

N

Disable the phone screen lock

Y N

GPS access

Y Y
Force device reboot Y

N

Control vibration Y

Y

https://www.spiceworks.com/it-security/data-security/news/fifa-world-cup-qatar-data-privacy/

Take a burner or make sure you delete Grindr on the plane...

Edited by penguin

Â