Battlefield 4

villarule123

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

I hope this is just because the developers are getting used to the new systems, but 'next gen' is hardly inspiring me much reading that. Especially when the XBO is supposedly just about making 720p, and with a low res. The PS4 is slightly more uplifting but even that couldn't get to 1080p

I kind of wish I had the room for a PC, as soon as I move house in a couple of years I'll be building one again. This may be the last console I'll be getting on/close to release.

It's a stupid test though, comparing a PC that costs around £300 more, almost double the price of a PS4/XBO. Not sure what they were hoping for writing that.

dev kits don't work properly, online doesn't work properly, cloud stuff doesn't work properly

it wasnt supposed to come out until march/april

couple that with the fact that the CPU and GPU are both being overclocked from day 1 and it's a dangerous mix

At the end of the day, it's still Microsoft

• Like 1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

I hope this is just because the developers are getting used to the new systems, but 'next gen' is hardly inspiring me much reading that. Especially when the XBO is supposedly just about making 720p, and with a low res. The PS4 is slightly more uplifting but even that couldn't get to 1080p

I kind of wish I had the room for a PC, as soon as I move house in a couple of years I'll be building one again. This may be the last console I'll be getting on/close to release.

It's a stupid test though, comparing a PC that costs around £300 more, almost double the price of a PS4/XBO. Not sure what they were hoping for writing that.

They know a lot of their audience have PCs like that, so the test is fair. 

It's not really. High end PC and compare it with obviously inferior much cheaper gaming consoles and talk about how PC is better. No shit

It's not really. High end PC and compare it with obviously inferior much cheaper gaming consoles and talk about how PC is better. No shit

Well people are genuinely interested in seeing how these new consoles stack up against a high end PC and the article answers that question at this point in time. The test is fair and a lot more honest that way. Comparing the PC version by deliberately holding it back on cheaper hardware just to make the consoles look better answers nothing.

apparently DICE have already put 4 patches up online, server side, so you don't have to download them..

More patches to come over the next few days, but apparently it's horrendous at the minute (I'm waiting for the PS4 version).

So tempted to buy this on PC, even though it's pre-orderd for xbone. Though, sounds like the game is a bit of a mess. I found this bug quite amusing though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7ZXe6nOsE&feature=youtu.be&t=1m17s

Well I am very much enjoying it so far.

I played through the full round of rush maps yesterday and thought the map design was better than BF3. I think conquest suffers a little bit from the lack of players on current gen. Too many maps are a little bit like Firestorm or Kharg where you can just run around and cap bases.

Still PS4 out next month so not long too wait

The reviews for this on the PC and PS4 are getting me excited now, more importantly how smooth the game is. 60FPS at all times, double the amount and more stable than the 360, I can't wait!

Anyone else getting it/want to team up?

• Like 1

The reviews for this on the PC and PS4 are getting me excited now, more importantly how smooth the game is. 60FPS at all times, double the amount and more stable than the 360, I can't wait!

Anyone else getting it/want to team up?

Yeah... buy a xbox :(

Â