Battlefield 4

villarule123

I love **** with people while they're in tanks. If i have no C4 i just run up along side it and pretend to put C4 on it. They get out, i get in. It's a beauty when it works.

• Like 3

I love **** with people while they're in tanks. If i have no C4 i just run up along side it and pretend to put C4 on it. They get out, i get in. It's a beauty when it works.

I used to love parachuting out of a helicopter on BF3, throwing C4 mid-air and landing in an abundance of flamey twisted metal that was once a tank.

Why do i always rank up at the end of the round and unlock stuff but when i go to battlelog again when i next play im still on the old rank? Its happened to me atleast 3-4 times now im still on rank 7. So frustrating i got 15k score in my round because of double xp and it showed me as over half way to rank 8 now im back where i was before half way through rank 7.  :angry:

Where are all the bugs on this then? I've played about 6 hours with no problems, it's awesome and I've got my BF form back

There's a culture these days that if a game is released with a few bugs (i.e every single triple A title, as they are all set strict deadlines by publishers) then the game is immediately terrible and everyone points fingers and shouts about how ripped off they are being and forget to take the game for what it is, which is probably a very good one. 

It's not a culture. This game was legitimately unplayable for the first week, single and multi player and people to this date still have problems as well as missing an obvious feature like making a squad in the lobby so you and your mates can actually play together

Where are all the bugs on this then? I've played about 6 hours with no problems, it's awesome and I've got my BF form back

There's a culture these days that if a game is released with a few bugs (i.e every single triple A title, as they are all set strict deadlines by publishers) then the game is immediately terrible and everyone points fingers and shouts about how ripped off they are being and forget to take the game for what it is, which is probably a very good one. 

A culture? The game didn't work and people were pissed off because EA have a culture these days that if a game is released they take your money and don't give a shit about problems that need fixing. This time though there was quite an uproar because the game was pretty much unplayable.

How can it of scored 8s/9s across the board if it was legitimately unplayable? I haven't played the game so I apologise. But it doesn't make sense to me. Or were the problems just exaggerated for a game with such high expectations?

A good example of this was Total War: Rome II. Sega had clearly pushed this release before the game was fully ironed out and the world went into meltdown. The lynch mob mentality hit full force, the company got crucified and might not recover. I installed the game on release and other than a few choppy graphic optimizations and ai issues it was perfectly playable, it really confused me. 

A culture? The game didn't work and people were pissed off because EA have a culture these days that if a game is released they take your money and don't give a shit about problems that need fixing. This time though there was quite an uproar because the game was pretty much unplayable.

I agree with you, its a publisher issue but the creators get the flack. 

How can it of scored 8s/9s across the board if it was legitimately unplayable? I haven't played the game so I apologise. But it doesn't make sense to me. Or were the problems just exaggerated for a game with such high expectations?

A good example of this was Total War: Rome II. Sega had clearly pushed this release before the game was fully ironed out and the world went into meltdown. The lynch mob mentality hit full force, the company got crucified and might not recover. I installed the game on release and other than a few choppy graphic optimizations and ai issues it was perfectly playable, it really confused me.

Because they played it in a closed environment.

You could NOT play the game. Literally couldn't play it, not that it was buggy. You just couldn't play the game. To this day, crashes are still a normal thing as it stands. It might not have happened to you but it was definitely pathetic this game got to release

My crash rate is down to once every 4-5 games. Going by the group I play with, that's pretty average. On release, on PC at least, it was very rare to complete a game without a crash. Even though they're slowly improving it, crashing on average once every 4-5 games is unacceptable for a AAA game.

On top of that pretty huge problem, other outstanding issues I have are the piss poor hit detection, being killed by someone about 2 seconds after you run around a corner, get behind cover, etc. This is incredibly common, tonnes of videos on Youtube for this.

Also, sound does not work on the Golmud Railway map. Seriously, sound is just broken on an entire map, it cuts in and out constantly. They released the map anyway, because who cares, right?

Despite that, it's ridiculously fun, when it works, but it's obvious this was rushed out to ensure they beat CoD to market.

Edited by Davkaus

The game was just not playable at all. Every other game I seem to get kicked back to the home screen. Sound keeps cutting out. Can't party up with friends without constant disconnections. Campaign saved files keep becoming corrupt.  VOIP doesn't work a lot of the time. The Netcode is beyond a joke at times. The game crashes on Levolution events. It was not ready for release at all.

Edited by PieFacE

Fair enough, I probably jumped to conclusion too quickly, I genuinely didn't know the game crashed so frequently and for it not to have been patched by now is pretty appalling. Makes you wonder how it scored so highly across the board though, no review I read of it at the time even mentioned it. 

Fair enough, I probably jumped to conclusion too quickly, I genuinely didn't know the game crashed so frequently and for it not to have been patched by now is pretty appalling. Makes you wonder how it scored so highly across the board though, no review I read of it at the time even mentioned it. 

That's games 'journalism' for you, unfortunately, most sites just act as unashamed PR, out of fear of not being given review copies for future releases.

Â