The Randy Lerner thread

CI

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

How the **** are we still making losses?

We spend no money on transfers and we pay buttons.

Exactly my point.  Its going somewhere and i believe it Lerner taking it to recoup hisprevious frigup

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

I tried to make my son a Villa fan. I had him sat on my knee as a baby when we beat Manu at old Trafford (apart from a brief gabby related moment when I jumped up too fast). His first villa park game was when we last beat man city and that was an awesome day. I gave him my scarf that day to remember it by.

He is Barcelona fan today  

It's the only reason I had second kid

Is his English team Villa? 

There's something wrong with the system or the format when spending half of the cash on owning the entirety of your own Premier League club is less desireable than having a small piece of a bigger pie.  I know that being associated with a winning brand is a huge part of it, but they must have looked at us and the current restrictions around football investment and decided it's just too difficult to do.  That's where you have a problem - assuming they even want to fix that problem - which they probably don't.  Haves and have nots and all that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

There's something wrong with the system or the format when spending half of the cash on owning the entirety of your own Premier League club is less desireable than having a small piece of a bigger pie.  I know that being associated with a winning brand is a huge part of it, but they must have looked at us and the current restrictions around football investment and decided it's just too difficult to do.  That's where you have a problem - assuming they even want to fix that problem - which they probably don't.  Haves and have nots and all that.

Correct Agbonmoondo

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/30/premier-league-10-talking-points-weekend-action (see point 2)

Guardian reporting Randy has spent a whopping £6 million net spend each year on average (presumably over the last 5 years). This buys you one half of a good player - is it a surprise our team has gotten worse each year?

Edited by mikeyjavfc

I can't get what his game is, I'm absolutely certain he will lose a lot more if we go down than what would have been a cumulative total of realistic year on year investment.  Probably has already lost more, I guess there is no account for stupid.

1 hour ago, mikeyjavfc said:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/30/premier-league-10-talking-points-weekend-action (see point 2)

Guardian reporting Randy has spent a whopping £6 million net spend each year on average (presumably over the last 5 years). This buys you one half of a good player - is it a surprise our team has gotten worse each year?

Doesn't quite tell the whole story though does it. He's lost far more than £6m a year. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Doesn't quite tell the whole story though does it. He's lost far more than £6m a year. 

Why do people continue to make this excuse for Randy? 

All we should care about is that he has invested 6million a year in a team that is abysmal and is in line to break the lowest pts tally in prem league history.  That and Villa have lost a generation of new supporters with the dross we have been serving up with the 6 mill spend over the past years!

Randy was and still is the worst thing to ever happen to this club! 

14 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Why do people continue to make this excuse for Randy? 

All we should care about is that he has invested 6million a year in a team that is abysmal and is in line to break the lowest pts tally in prem league history.  That and Villa have lost a generation of new supporters with the dross we have been serving up with the 6 mill spend over the past years!

Randy was and still is the worst thing to ever happen to this club! 

But ignoring what he has spent is a bit.... stupid? No one is using it as an excuse. It's fact. You can't say Randy Lerner is tight for only spending £6m a year on players, when he's spent/lost over £100m through running the club. It's contradictory. If you choose to ignore the fact that he has spent loads of money on Villa to suit your argument then go ahead. I'm not saying he's spent it well or anything, but he has spent it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

But ignoring what he has spent is a bit.... stupid? No one is using it as an excuse. It's fact. You can't say Randy Lerner is tight for only spending £6m a year on players, when he's spent/lost over £100m through running the club. It's contradictory. If you choose to ignore the fact that he has spent loads of money on Villa to suit your argument then go ahead. I'm not saying he's spent it well or anything, but he has spent it. 

I'm not ignoring it.  In the same case, you cant make it out he spends loads of money, when he has spent nothing for years.  He cant live off his spending nearly 10 years ago for the way he has run the club the past 6.  He shouldnt be getting any sympathy or grace for this. 

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

I'm not ignoring it.  In the same case, you cant make it out he spends loads of money, when he has spent nothing for years.  He cant live off his spending nearly 10 years ago for the way he has run the club the past 6.  He shouldnt be getting any sympathy or grace for this. 

But he has, hasn't he? We've been making a loss up until very recently unless i'm mistaken?

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

Â