Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I'd say right now he is good enough for us. It's always hard to judge how good a keeper really is when he is playing for a team fighting to stay up. I can't see anyone coming in for him any time soon but it's also probably the only position we don't need strengthening. Everyone's a winner.

lets not get carried away, hes a good keeper, on par with james and sorensen, hes not quite up there with bosnich or schmiechel

I don't think there's a single person who has made either of those comparisons

(not that the Schmeichel one is valid, because he wasn't actually that good when he played for us)

But he's only just become (in the last few months) that keeper. Where as Howard has been pretty good for a while now so it makes sense that he holds onto the number 1 shirt. I don't exactly keep up wth the US national team, but unless he's had a string of poor performances there's not really much reason to drop him for Guzan.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see Guzan take this opportunity with both hands (pun intended, so **** you) and make the US number 1 shirt his own now.

The USA-Mexico match is the big one, and it's on the 22nd, a Friday, which would mean Brad misses a Villa match...I think.

International weekend so he won't miss a Villa match.

The USA-Mexico match is the big one, and it's on the 22nd, a Friday, which would mean Brad misses a Villa match...I think.

Good. Dread to think how many goals we'd ship from set-pieces with calamity Given in goal.

This season Guzan has been much better than Howard. Howard struggled early on and Everton have been apparently looking for a new goal keeper because they fear Howard is on the decline. I think it's Guzan's chance to shine for club and country. He already has proven himself as a quality keeper for club and now is he chance to do that for country. 

• Like 1

Good. Dread to think how many goals we'd ship from set-pieces with calamity Given in goal.

we have hardly been keeping them out everyweek with Guzan in as well

we have hardly been keeping them out everyweek with Guzan in as well

Doesn't mean we aren't in much safer hands with Guzan between the sticks. I think it's time to face the fact that Given is past it.

nobody has said he isnt. Its just some people blaming him for the Bradford debacle when was goals were not his fault

Bradford was a collective failure but make no mistake he was one of the main culprits.

For me Guzan is the player of the season so far. Yes, Benteke's been good, but Guzan's been more consistant. I had my doubts when he re-signed, but he's proved that he's actually a really safe and comfortable keeper who can pull some great saves too.

• Like 1

full round of international fixtures that day. he won't miss anything because of it

nobody has said he isnt. Its just some people blaming him for the Bradford debacle when was goals were not his fault

Given lacks, and has always lacked, any presence or command of his area. Given that Bradford murdered us with crosses, I'd say he's as much at fault as anyone

Â