What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

That's probably the only Beatles record I would consider buying (a mate played it to me in a drunken stupor about 30 years ago and it sounded ok). If I was filthy rich I'd have a bit of that.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Because I can ;)

I've got various versions of many Beach Boys LPs too. Not unexpectedly.

Example: Beach Boys Party lp from 1965.

I only ever had the standard UK press, plain single sleeve. This year I got the superior US pressing with gatefold sleeve and sheet of 15 "fan photos" still intact.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said: Because I can [emoji6]

I've got various versions of many Beach Boys LPs too. Not unexpectedly.

Example: Beach Boys Party lp from 1965.

I only ever had the standard UK press, plain single sleeve. This year I got the superior US pressing with gatefold sleeve and sheet of 15 "fan photos" still intact.

OK, I can understand that the US one is superior in that example. So I'd keep that and get rid of the UK one - unless they had different tracks or mixes, which would make it arguably a different album.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Buy albums that you don't already have!

this is exactly my policy!

look at all these different ones....

22914056451_26fc76072d.jpg

(there'll be a couple more next week to add to my collection of Lee Perry dub remixes re released in basically black n white sleeve designs)

this was just an excuse to post a picture I already had

• Like 1

A rare break from country music. Sat on wolves train station platform listening to one of the greatest albums ever made. In an aeroplane over the sea by neutral milk hotel. Sounds as good today as the day it was released. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Never heard that one. As heavy as it sounds? 

yes :) they are quite a modern band which is a rarity for me. i got into them about 7 years ago but its rare i play them. everything about them is heavy from the name,album artwork,album titles etc etc. its prog metal :)

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Mrs Rob likes to relive her youth, so every year I get her an album from the 70s.

Lucky her, this year I got 4! All in amazingly good nick, I was expecting at least one to be scratched to buggery for the £5 I paid. But they're all great. Result.

"Imperial Wizard" is actually a great track (and Dave looks better with a beard).

b77pFLM.jpg

Â