Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Why? Both took over clubs that were in freefall like we are now, couldn't keep either up and both were allowed to carry on, Magath didn't have a clue, he played half the youth team and Fulham picked up two points.

How many foreign managers have been a success in the championship, Sven didn't do anything at Leicester as another example, Paulo Sousa is doing very well in Seria A but he was probably the weakest manager Swansea have appointed in recent times. Only ones I can think are Tigana at Fulham years ago and Karanka at Boro who's been good but he hasn't got them promoted as of yet.

The championship is going to be a batttle and scrap, Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday, plenty of battled hardened players and managers. I think people are in for a shock if they think we'll blitz it playing pretty passing triangles. 

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Still stand by this statement?

Nope... a promising change appeared to be present in our general performance against city, with a much more structured defensive unit. This went missing against Everton, but that's a difficult away game and Remi did at least react at half time and make some changes. Now how effective these were is difficult to asses as Everton clearly took their foot off the gas. However, it was clear as day from that game that Richardson is finished at the Prem league level. Now a new manager can be excused such poor judgement while learning the abilities of his new squad. So I was shocked to see him starting today and you could clearly see that Watford were targeting him.  The manager should have found an alternative during the week... there quite simply has to be someone who can play that position better than that thief Richardson. We do not need any contribution going forward, simply defensive solidity. I see this as a disappointing performance from the manager. The defence plus Sanchez (as our CBs are inept, yes both of them) need to be a single unit. This did not look the case basically at any point during the game today, and added to this we had the dramatic fall off in performance of Sanchez, Hutton and Gil as the game progressed. It was like watching an underage game. To see full professional fall apart like that is plain scary (though in no way surprising from Hutton).

Basically, we're done now. The only way we could stay up is by sorting the defence out and building from there, hence, my initial delight at the City performance (cheers De Bruyne). This was clearly a mirage. Aston Villa are incapable of keeping clean sheets. Aston Villa will play in the championship next season. 

I was going to say would FFP hurt us that much in the championship? When you look at how QPRh ave been run and the debts they've piled up I was expecting a 50m fine when they went down and a transfer embargo but the Football league have been jack all to them.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Why? Both took over clubs that were in freefall like we are now, couldn't keep either up and both were allowed to carry on, Magath didn't have a clue, he played half the youth team and Fulham picked up two points.

How many foreign managers have been a success in the championship, Sven didn't do anything at Leicester as another example, Paulo Sousa is doing very well in Seria A but he was probably the weakest manager Swansea have appointed in recent times. Only ones I can think are Tigana at Fulham years ago and Karanka at Boro who's been good but he hasn't got them promoted as of yet.

The championship is going to be a batttle and scrap, Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday, plenty of battled hardened players and managers. I think people are in for a shock if they think we'll blitz it playing pretty passing triangles. 

Because what you're basically doing is saying "those guys were foreign and failed, Garde is foreign, therefore Garde will fail". It's such a bizarre comparison.

• Like 1

Plenty of local derby games and not too far to travel for quite a few away games next season. Blooz, Wolves, Derby, Forest , possibly Cov and even Walsall and Burton maybe. Trying to look on the bright side.The Championship is THE Midlands League.

Edited by Hev

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Seen a few posts mention the club is rotten to the core and needs over hauling. Do they include (Job for life)  Cowans in their assumptions or does he get a pass ? Not a loaded question or dig at anyone just genuinely interested. I like him but he has been part of the set up during these arduous years and maybe it's time to really shake up the whole back room staff and get rid of him and McDonald ? Tin hat ready 

(PS: VillaChris not sure how/why I'm quoting you, it's unintentional! whatever I do it won't go away.) 

Edited by thabucks

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Because what you're basically doing is saying "those guys were foreign and failed, Garde is foreign, therefore Garde will fail". It's such a bizarre comparison.

I'm just using examples to support my point of which there are a few. It's just my opinion in that league you need a British manager who knows the ins and outs players otherwise you'll be in for a shock.

Anyway it's all academic as Remi won't be here if he dosen't start winning games, same as the other managers we've had in recent times. 

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm just using examples to support my point of which there are a few. It's just my opinion in that league you need a British manager who knows the ins and outs players otherwise you'll be in for a shock.

Anyway it's all academic as Remi won't be here if he dosen't start winning games, same as the other managers we've had in recent times. 

But they don't really support your point at all because you're comparing different managers for different teams. As I said before, there are loads of British managers who "know the ins and outs" who have failed in that league too.

How do you know? This mess isn't of his creation and as others have said we need continuity.

Youtube videos of people shouting are never funny.

Lots of clichés about The Championship being a tough league etc but in reality its a load of rubbish.

We just need to ensure we have the right players which shouldn't be a problem being the biggest and richest club in the league.

Newcastle blitzed it when they went down. 

• Like 1

In Lambert's first season when we lost at home to Newcastle I was convinced we were going down. And it hurt.

This year when we lost to Hull away I was convinced we were going down. And I was bloody angry.

Today somehow I thought we would win and I thought the squad might be good enough to turn it around. I was wrong.

And now I don't care.

Frankly we deserve to be in the position that we are in.

Too many bad decisions to go through, but essentially since Milner left Villa Park in 2010 it was been one crisis to another.

I feel sorry for Garde who is in a terrible position. And I fear that Villa  we suck him down to our level and ruin his promising managerial career.

We have to plan for the championship. Who is staying, who is going, who can we bring in. What is the plan for a immediete return back. Can we use a year out to regain a winning mentality. 

Sadly I have no confidence of the board in doing this right either.

We are in a terrible position and it's going to take a miracle to get us out of the bottom 3 this time.

No way out.

Bring on relegation. Just a shame we have to wait until Summer to see some winning football and something to **** cheer.

Bullshit to the Championship is a slog, really competitive blah blah.

It is a league where Daryl Murphy and Freddie Sears score goals.

We will piss it, maybe get some confidence back in the players, the feel good back in the fans and we can ride a wave for a few years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bring on relegation. Just a shame we have to wait until Summer to see some winning football and something to **** cheer.

Bullshit to the Championship is a slog, really competitive blah blah.

It is a league where Daryl Murphy and Freddie Sears score goals.

We will piss it, maybe get some confidence back in the players, the feel good back in the fans and we can ride a wave for a few years.

I remember Leeds fans saying similar...

Â