Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Are we really have detailed, serious discussions about staying up?

I absolutely do not think we will.  I think those exercising their minds on scenarios in which we stay up with 34, 36, 38 points or whatever number of wins draws or 1-0 defeats or whether we have to catch other teams or not are basically wasting their energy.

However,  if people want to engage in that debate then fair enough I wont contribute to it as I'm not going to convince them otherwise until we get to a number of games left where by it is impossible for us to reach 17th place (around the end of March I'd say).  Likewise if I do comment they wont change my mind that we are down anyway so basically I just skip past those comments now

Fair enough but maybe not everyone wants to keep continually saying how s*** everything is at the club in every single thread on here.

The defence and midfield are playing well now and we're picking up points on a regular basis. Do I think we'll stay up? No. But to be relegated by end of March when they'll still be 7 games left to play would mean there having to be a 21 point gap between us and 17th.

• Like 2

If the team simply gave up and accepted relegation, do you think they can instantly flick a switch and get promotion next year...

You need to instil some fighting spirit even if it ends up with relegation we can mould a group of players together who are prepare to fight for each other.  This also shows Remi who is worth keeping for next year.

• Like 1

Games in bold - I think we can expect to get a result from, but I just can't see us making up 8 points on the rest of the pack.

There isn't a single game that we can expect to get a result from. We are the worst team in the league.

You sir are a defeatist.

If we completed the same form as the last 5 games. We will get another 16 in the next 10.

Making us 32 with 13 to go.

Ofcourse there are some hard games in these fixtures.

But we were better than West Ham before the red. Outplayed West Brom. Outplayed Leicester in the second half.

Its not only the results but the performances.

Weve only lost twice at home under Garde. One of them was one of our better attacking performances.

If the season began now I really think we wouldnt have been where we are.

I didnt have confidence in the team since Lambert first season and Sherwood. Those two season weve started playing as a team after we were trully dire. The only difference is we are worse in terms of points. Ofcourse we are lacking Benteke.

Last season out of nowhere Cleverly scored 3 important goals. 

Gained us 6 piints and one of them gave us confidence.

Veretout gelling and scoring. Traore coming back firing. Grealish starts his form again. Gabby doing things right when it matters. And who knows. Another 5 wins couple of draws before Newcastle, and tgen who knows.

Weve got 5 wins last season after this stage.

Actually weve had all 5 after March. And all of them before May.

The only difference is Benteke. Apart from that we are better now as whole team.

• Like 1

I meant with 3 to go. From what I remember we havent won on May since winning against Arsenal and Liverpool. So basically we still didnt need winning the last 2 and still managed to stay up.

We need to work somehow better to do the job.

If we win against Liverpool I would definitly give us a good chance. As its a big bonus.

36 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

You sir are a defeatist.

No, I'm a realist. We are the worst team in the league so we can't expect to get points of any other team. The teams in the top 8 could expect to get points but we can't because every single team we play will be better than us on paper.

24 minutes ago, villa89 said:

No, I'm a realist. We are the worst team in the league so we can't expect to get points of any other team. The teams in the top 8 could expect to get points but we can't because every single team we play will be better than us on paper.

Its not this easy. We are a team with new players mismanaged. Changed manager who havent find his best formation and team until the last 5 games.

So judging us as a whole would be somehow misleading. We are definitly not playing like the bottom team. We havent been thrashed apart from Everton. All of our games have been tight.

We are hard to beat lately.

If you took the fact we are far away and told me wether I would change our teams and the managers.

I wouldnt risk it with some of the teams around us. 

Sunderland deducted 10 points for having a paedo in their team, Newcastle deducted 10 points for failing the FFP makes it just between us and Norwich. Judging by the last game I think we'll be fine. All sorted.

Edited by jasoncb
  • Like 2

People seem to be confusing people talking about how it's possible for us to stay up, with people thinking it's remotely likely.

There's not many people on here, if any, who think we have anything other than a very very slim chance of doing it.

• Like 4

Since there is yet no transfer thread for the summer, or is there?

A friend of mine is for some reason a fan of Bristol City and is bigging up Luke Freeman.

Could he be someone worth looking at in the summer If / when we are relegated?

Early days, but might be an idea to start a summer transfer thread even thou we still don't know for sure what league we'll be in?

I could not possibly handle such a huge responsibility...

Â