Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shillzz

I don't understand how Toure can just be standing there all by himself, no one anywhere near him. It's ludicrous.

Overall thoughts on the half -- we seem to be playing like a team that's never played together before. Looking at the line-up and this bizarre formation, that's maybe not that surprising. We badly miss Gabby's speed for the counter-attack. Our passing is criminal and has to improve. We don't have a lot of chances to break so when we do we have to make them count and not just pass it straight out of play.

City's not really looking awesome either. Obviously they are passing us off the park but there hasn't been much final product from them. Come out in the second half and take the game to them -- press them high up the pitch. We always always look like a better team when we put the defense under pressure and I don't understand why we don't do it more often.

We are the worst home side in the country surely

We're playing against Man City!

I actually think we've defended well but the goal was inevitable and I very much doubt we'll be scoring today.

I really don't understand why people are going mad because we're losing 1-0 to MAN CITY...

If you'd been watching the game you would know it is because we have been completely dominated by Man C since kick off and they have rarely moved above cruise control for their lead.

If we were a league 1 side playing them in the cup, I'd be as pleased with our performance as you seem to be. But we are supposed to be a premier league side capable of competing in the league.

• Like 1

Some of these comments are a joke - we're you expecting us to dominate against Man City?.

Were you expecting us to play 5 at the back,at home,defend for 90 minutes and hold your head up at the end and say we lost but we didn't look that bad,it is man city after all.

we just had no outlet & nobody keeping the ball, so they just kept coming back and goal was inevitable. defence did well to hold out as long as they did, but that's a horrible time to concede & it feels very much like the Spurs match.

go to 4 at back either put on Helenius to link midfield and forwards, or Tonev/Albrighton to get some width.

I actually think we've defended well but the goal was inevitable and I very much doubt we'll be scoring today.

I really don't understand why people are going mad because we're losing 1-0 to MAN CITY...

So you didn't understand why people wanted McLeish out either?

Are you serious?

I'm completely serious. Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing McLeish to Lambert. But I'm comparing the preformance so far in the match to the sort of preformances we had under McLeish. Whole team defending.  isolated strikers, not able to chain more then three passes together before they loose the ball. Don't create anything that's remotely close to a chance. If you cannot understand why people are unhappy with the preformance I'm asuming you'd have trouble seeing what's wrong with McLeish.  That being said I'm not going mad at loosing towards City, they're a far better team. But the preformance pisses me off.

we just had no outlet & nobody keeping the ball, so they just kept coming back and goal was inevitable. defence did well to hold out as long as they did, but that's a horrible time to concede & it feels very much like the Spurs match.

go to 4 at back either put on Helenius to link midfield and forwards, or Tonev/Albrighton to get some width.

Yes bring on Albrighton, at least he will have a go

If you'd been watching the game you would know it is because we have been completely dominated by Man C since kick off and they have rarely moved above cruise control for their lead.

If we were a league 1 side playing them in the cup, I'd be as pleased with our performance as you seem to be. But we are supposed to be a premier league side capable of competing in the league.

I never said I'm pleased, we're losing, of course I'm not pleased but some of the reactions on here are ridiculous. Man City dominated Man United the other day.

Yes we have lined up defensively and we've actually defended alright in my opinion. As for attacking, the ball gets lost too easily in the middle of the park, meaning we probably won't get many chances at goal.

Some of these comments are a joke - we're you expecting us to dominate against Man City?.

Just to give it a fight. Not to roll over a die. The hoof ball is painful too.

Bacuna is not a footballer.

Some thought he was our best player last time out? He's had a handful of games and is now playing in a weakened team against the best team in the league! But it wouldn't be Villatalk if we didn't crucify our players

• Like 2

Wonder if he tries to change things up to get something from the game or if he's content with keeping the score down and settle for another admirable defeat a'la McLeish?

or à la Houllier. I recall it was him who first introduced the rule that we couldn't expect to beat teams like Man C

For me its not the fact that we are losing, but the fact that they are all well paid professional footballers who seem incapable of of keeping any kind of possesion even with a formation change. We need to change something or our confidence we be hit badly. maybe bring on Helenius.

with the way we lined up its not a suprise is it...... we all knew it but a guy who gets paid so much money and is a professional didnt. He got it wrong today.

If we are to salvage this game he needs to make changes at HT.

We dont have the quality at the back to sit back and defend. Our strength is to go and attack. At least give it a go.. thats what the fans want to see.. **** watching that shit..  go to war and fight.. not hide behind a rock while getting stabbed slowly and bleed to death.