FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

Trouble is if its not Blatter, Valcke and that group its not worth it. Picking up a couple of minor players won't change things.

Yep blatter will somehow spin this in to him being the man that finally ended corruption in FIFA

At the press conference blatter has saixd fifa initiated this inquiry on November last year.

I love the way FIFA's spokesman has said that allegations that Splatter won't go to the US because he would be arrested is "absolutely untrue". So..they acknowledge that he is avoiding the US. But they won't say why.

I would expect the vice-President of FIFA to be an ally of Blatter, surely? Looks like a scalp to me, they may finally experience some problems. I expect it'll be a cop out though, as usual

This for Fifa is good. It is not good in terms of image or reputation, but in terms of cleaning up, this is good … It is not a nice day, but it is also a good day. The process goes on and we are looking forward.”

classic FIFA, doubt this will mean anything except USA not having a chance of hosting a World Cup while Blatter cronies still around

btw for all the FIFA arrests over the years he has never ever been arrested or sanctioned. He is Keyser Soze of football

btw for all the FIFA arrests over the years he has never ever been arrested or sanctioned. He is Keyser Soze of football

Unlike most of the FIFA bigwigs Blatter isn't greedy (I'm sure he is paid handsomely) he's only interested in power not bribes. That's why he'll never step down because he loves to feel important.

Edited by villa89

Blatter is either totally incompetant and has no knowledge of these things or he is involved himself.  Either way he has to step down now o FIFA be totally dismantled and a new governing body formed with none of the current crew. Also Russia and Qatar world cups have to be questioned whether they go ahead and the bidding proccess done again. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

We'll see if the standard FBI/US Attorney tactic of getting the lower level collars to roll on the bigwigs works.

That's what I'm hoping

We'll see if the standard FBI/US Attorney tactic of getting the lower level collars to roll on the bigwigs works.

I wonder if it's telling that all the arrested guys are from the Americas?

I wonder if it's telling that all the arrested guys are from the Americas?

Yes. All the small, non-important officials are corrupt but Blatter - who oversaw the entire charade - is not.

Yeah, right.

Absolutely astonishing that fifas initial response is "Qatar and Russia will host the world cups, no matter what

It's not really, I imagine they would be in for a lot of problems if the bidding process was found to be corrupt as the nations that lost out could take them to court. FIFA will try to pass this off as just a few bad eggs. Jack warner got dispatched without too much hullabaloo.

Apparently its Chuck Blazer that's doing the rolling. 

Edited by villa89

yeah its too late take the World Cup from these countries especially as I think qualifying for 2018 has already begun

Also on another hypocritical note that clubs moan about conditions doing damage to their players, I just saw Spurs played a friendly in Malaysia today and Man City are in Houston. Surely post-season friendlies on opposite side of the world is helping things

Â