Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

Ireland have been immense IMO. Just absolutely bossing things and seemed in complete control of every situation. Not just had an answer to everything opposition have thrown at them, but actually pre-empted it. SA aside, Scotland were the only other big test and they dismantled them. 

Can’t wait for the game later. 

• Like 1

from the fans perspective it's not great but it does mean that the winners of the respective games of the 'good' half of the draw basically have 1 foot in the final. the games will be absolutely cracking and will have atmospheres far better than a QF would otherwise see.

you have to play the best teams at some point anyway as the old saying goes. their respective semi finals will be formalities and there's a case to be made that the final will be a better spectacle as they all should win their semi finals without getting out of 2nd gear so they can make subs earlier and won't have been mentally as tough as a semi otherwise would've

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Surely that's a yellow atleast. 

Ref said he saw an attempted wrap? Not sure how because there wasn’t one. Textbook yellow. Owen Farrell does that and everyone shits themselves. 

• Like 1

Argentina fully deserved that, last 50 minutes they were best team. Thought the ref got the Adam’s one wrong, didn’t see any wrap, but thought he got the one on Tomkins right, that’s a rugby incident. 

I know it’s petty but I do like to see Wales lose (as they do to the English). Bbc rugby Union daily has a nations pod on during the World Cup, the bloke (Gareth Rees Owen) is one of the most bitter Welshmen I’ve ever heard. Always criticising England and was the only one to predict an English defeat, he also said an easy Welsh victory, so I’m glad he won’t be smug anymore. 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

Â