Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

Eddie’s got a fair old list of negative records for England. Record loss to the Baa Baas another one to add to the list. He’s just absolutely got to go.

I’ve got a ticket to the World Cup quarter final in Marseille that could feature England if they win their group but that’s looking highly unlikely. 

• Like 2

Yeah it’s all gone wrong for Eddie recently. I didn’t see the match yesterday but it seems one to miss. 
He won’t go, the RFU haven’t got the balls. But if he did, Borthwick would be great looking at what he has done at Leicester in such a short period, but would he want it at the moment?

• 2 weeks later...

So England Australia tomorrow. Surprised to see Billy V back in, although his form has improved for Sarries. 
I’m a big fan of Cockanasinga if he’s fit and firing. Nowell, defensively great, but has he the pace now international?
Danny Care deserves his spot, although if you are one of the young scrum halves I’m sure you’re gutted. 

41 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So England Australia tomorrow. Surprised to see Billy V back in, although his form has improved for Sarries. 
I’m a big fan of Cockanasinga if he’s fit and firing. Nowell, defensively great, but has he the pace now international?
Danny Care deserves his spot, although if you are one of the young scrum halves I’m sure you’re gutted. 

I agree @mikeyp102 about Vunipola - watched him the Gallagher Final and thought he looked the leanest he has in years and carried the ball well.

Im not convinced about cockanasinga though and sadly feel Nowell’s days as an international winger are numbered (cracking player and bloke though) 

Pleased to see Arundel get his chance as a finisher - this will be a solid test series to see if he can make the step up in class. 

after the Ba-Bas fiasco of a performance I’m wanting a positive reaction but expecting more of the same from England who are in a terrible rut at the moment. 

• Like 1

On 02/07/2022 at 10:59, theboyangel said:

Oof - that’s some drubbing handed to the Irish by the All Blacks… and Ireland are currently very very good.

They were very, very good today. That was some scintillating rugby by the boys in green. Farrell is doing a wonderful job there, dare I say, a future England coach ?

• Like 2

Wow credit to Ireland to get a series win in NZ is an incredible thing to do. Now just have to back it up with the WC next year. One thing I’d say they lack is a back up FH, if Sexton isn’t there is Carberry good enough? France seem to have more depth in their squad so you’d say they are favourites especially on home soil 

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What an achievement by the men in green. They are officially the no1 team in the World now. The kind of rugby they are playing deserves the top spot.

I'd still have France as better than us. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

WOW Ireland! They've been great this tour, although maybe they're peaking a year before the world cup again :P 

Well done to them, they are a fantastic team. Also when was the last time the ABs lost a home series?

I know England went there and won a few months before the World Cup in 2003 but i can’t recall was it a one off test or a series. 

34 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I know England went there and won a few months before the World Cup in 2003 but i can’t recall was it a one off test or a series. 

I don't think that they do the summer test series in WC years do they?

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

I don't think that they do the summer test series in WC years do they?

They did that year. England played them i think in june in a one off test and then the World Cup was in Australia in September. 

Â