The 2013/14 Squad

LondonLax

Now our ins and outs are pretty much finalised we can step back and look at the squad as a whole. To me it looks like Lambert has aimed to have two players for each position playing a 4-3-3. The midfield 3 are hardworking players whilst the front 3 a supposed to provide the creativity.  

Keeper

Guzan

Steer

Left Back

Luna

Bennett

Right Back

Lowton

Herd (or Bacuna)

Centre Backs

Vlaar

Okore

Clark

Baker

Midfield Three

El Ahmadi

Westwood

Delph

Sylla

Bacuna

Gardner

Wide Forwards

Agbonlahor

Weimann

Tonov

Henenius

Centre Forward

Benteke

Kozak

I think this season for the first time Lambert will have his own squad playing his own style. I think we will be in a better position to judge where we are going under him than last seasons transition year.

The squad can still be improved in my opinion but it future windows I think it will be a case of buying 2 or 3 quality players instead of bringing in 7 players to flesh out a squad.  

Any thoughts? (the first person to type ACM wins villatalk :P

• Like 4

I still think Gary Gardner could turn out to be our main goalscoring midfielder one day. My biggest concern in our squad at the moment is a lack of decent cover at centre back and a big, ball winning midfielder to give that extra cover to the back four. Otherwise, I am relatively happy with the balance of the squad.

Decent squad now, nothing more at this moment in time. Lack of goal-threat and creativity from midfield is still a concern. Competition for places is nice to see though. Think we should just about manage a top-half finish.

Decent squad now, nothing more at this moment in time. Lack of goal-threat and creativity from midfield is still a concern. Competition for places is nice to see though. Think we should just about manage a top-half finish.

Would go along with all of that

Sold all of the bomb squad bar the injured CNZ and Given and Hutton.

Fobbed off Ireland, got nearly 2m for Bannan, got rid of Bent on loan and got a 2m fee, signed 7 players in positions we needed to, spent a modest amount, and gave our key players contract extensions.

All in all not as shite as some would have you believe.

Re: goal threat - we're one of the most constantly threatening teams outside the top 4... we're not one of those sides that nick a goal and park the bus, we're a quick, intelligent side that can shred most teams on the counter. It's the mental weakness defending that's the issue.

We have really good squad depth. If Nzog is given a chance on return from injury and actually plays well we have so much attacking threat! Well, we do without him but (cliche o clock) it would be like a new signing!

• Like 1

Â