Libor Kozák

samjp26

5 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Wow some people's view of Libor make me think they dont actually follow Villa or not aware of anything that actually happened in the last 5 years. 

Not good enough - agree after 2 horrific injuries that took way too long to get over, and no real run in the first team his confidence is gone as are his legs.

One of the shittest players ever signed - bahahahahahaha, not even close to this list.

He was awful before his injuries. Ridiculously slow and average touch meant he was never going to be good enough for the premier league. 

When you see the money we spent (during a period where money was incredibly tight)and who we needed him to back up and push for competition, it's right up there with the worst IMO. 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He was awful before his injuries. Ridiculously slow and average touch meant he was never going to be good enough for the premier league. 

When you see the money we spent (during a period where money was incredibly tight)and who we needed him to back up and push for competition, it's right up there with the worst IMO. 

What Kozak is right up there with the worst buys? I'm sorry but even taking into account how money was tight and the need for players in other areas it's not that bad. He had a decent enough goal-scoring record before he Clark broke his leg and we did actually need him for a few months when Benteke was injured/not at full fitness. Yeah I certainly wouldn't say it was a good deal but up there with the worst? Typical VT hyperbole.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

What Kozak is right up there with the worst buys? I'm sorry but even taking into account how money was tight and the need for players in other areas it's not that bad. He had a decent enough goal-scoring record before he Clark broke his leg and we did actually need him for a few months when Benteke was injured/not at full fitness. Yeah I certainly wouldn't say it was a good deal but up there with the worst? Typical VT hyperbole.

Probably is a bit of hyperbole but I just think he's an awful player and it's been a terrible signing. A few tap ins didn't disguise his clear limitations and even without the injury I've no doubt he'd have failed at premier league level. 

Never good enough to be a solid back up and money that was desperately needed elsewhere. 

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Probably is a bit of hyperbole but I just think he's an awful player and it's been a terrible signing. A few tap ins didn't disguise his clear limitations and even without the injury I've no doubt he'd have failed at premier league level. 

Never good enough to be a solid back up and money that was desperately needed elsewhere. 

Again, I just think that's a bit OTT. He wasn't terrible, just not good enough. I think there's a pretty big middle ground between decent and terrible.

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Again, I just think that's a bit OTT. He wasn't terrible, just not good enough. I think there's a pretty big middle ground between decent and terrible.

Just my opinion. 

I think his extreme lack of pace and average ability meant he was terrible for the level we signed him for. 

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Well we are all entitled to our opinion.....

Holt, Holmann, Bowery, Helenius are 4 names off the top of my head (while I'm working) that are attacking players that would beat Libor to the list of shittest players ever signed. That's without thinking or using google. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Well we are all entitled to our opinion.....

Holt, Holmann, Bowery, Helenius are 4 names off the top of my head (while I'm working) that are attacking players that would beat Libor to the list of shittest players ever signed. That's without thinking or using google. 

In terms of pure ability, maybe. 

But I've taken other things into consideration. Holt was god awful but that was an emergency loan for a few months with Lerner having closed the cheque book. Bowery was signed to fill the squad with a younger player not be main back up/ competition for Benteke. Holman was crap but again a free transfer and contributed a few times. Helenius was also a massive let down as well. 

None of them have cost the fee and wages kozak has though. 

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In terms of pure ability, maybe. 

But I've taken other things into consideration. Holt was god awful but that was an emergency loan for a few months with Lerner having closed the cheque book. Bowery was signed to fill the squad with a younger player not be main back up/ competition for Benteke. Holman was crap but again a free transfer and contributed a few times. Helenius was also a massive let down as well. 

None of them have cost the fee and wages kozak has though. 

Ah see now we are getting somewhere..... you have started out saying shittest player ever signed and now your articulating your point I understand you better and see your point of view.

Everyone is entitled to post how they want but me personally if im going to post my opinion I like for others to understand me (doesn't mean they'll agree with me) what gets me a little off is short statements that leave me wondering what the hell that person was thinking. 

Thankyou for elaborating. You clearly do support Villa and you clearly do know what has happened in the last 5 years so I apologise for my assumption but you didn't give me a lot to go on.

For what little its worth I have new found respect for your point of view....

• Like 1

Silly arguments. We signed Kozak. He looked a promising younger talent when we got him. He chipped in with some crucial goals for us in his first season, then he was unluckily injured in training. Then even more unluckily our doctors told him to play on an undiagnosed broken tibia when Kozak was complaining of leg pain. This caused him to miss 18 months and when he returned, we were a completely different club. He managed to get some smaller injuries that prevented him from ever getting more than 2-3 games at a time. He has looked  good in two straight preseasons now, but both times he got injured which prevented him from breaking into the first team squad.

It's not your money we spent. it's not Tony's money we spent. We couldn't have guessed Kozak would get injured so often. It happens though and we move on. Best thing for Kozak is to go to a club where he can get his career back on track.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Silly arguments. We signed Kozak. He looked a promising younger talent when we got him. He chipped in with some crucial goals for us in his first season, then he was unluckily injured in training. Then even more unluckily our doctors told him to play on an undiagnosed broken tibia when Kozak was complaining of leg pain. This caused him to miss 18 months and when he returned, we were a completely different club. He managed to get some smaller injuries that prevented him from ever getting more than 2-3 games at a time. He has looked  good in two straight preseasons now, but both times he got injured which prevented him from breaking into the first team squad.

It's not your money we spent. it's not Tony's money we spent. We couldn't have guessed Kozak would get injured so often. It happens though and we move on. Best thing for Kozak is to go to a club where he can get his career back on track.  

Silly arguements??? Lol well i better not start another one with you

25 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Silly arguements??? Lol well i better not start another one with you

It's silly arguing whether or not Kozak was our worst buy. He clearly was not unless you've been following the club for only a few years. And even then the circumstances that stopped Kozak from playing were unfortunate. That was all I was trying to convey. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

It's silly arguing whether or not Kozak was our worst buy. He clearly was not unless you've been following the club for only a few years. And even then the circumstances that stopped Kozak from playing were unfortunate. That was all I was trying to convey. 

But but but he didn't work out so surely that means he's the worst ever Villa player?

After Westwood, Holman, Beye, Gollini, Elphick, Berson, Unsworth, Balaban......

How about we just agree that players haven't worked out rather than jumping to the go-to line of them being the shittest player ever to pull on the hallowed C&B

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But but but he didn't work out so surely that means he's the worst ever Villa player?

After Westwood, Holman, Beye, Gollini, Elphick, Berson, Unsworth, Balaban......

How about we just agree that players haven't worked out rather than jumping to the go-to line of them being the shittest player ever to pull on the hallowed C&B

Yes which is what I am saying. 

33 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Yes which is what I am saying. 

That is fine mate but silly argument was probably a touch patronising especially when i was making the same point as you. 

Lets all have a big VT cuddle ey

He definitely had potential when he arrived and scored a few nice goals, clearly not a very mobile player but I thought positionally he seemed decent.

Couldn't say one way or another if he was or could have been a good player for us as injuries robbed him of that. Sad he never made it though.

Scored some winning goals for us during a season when Benteke was injured/not with it for long periods. Without checking, im fairly confident to say that one or two less victories wouldve meant relegation that season. With Randy Lerner still firmly in charge (think he announced intention to sell after Lambert's second season?). Probably not the same player after 18 months out injured, but worst signing ever? Give it a rest

Â