Libor Kozák

samjp26

I am really gutted for Libor. 4 goals in 8 starts is a pretty good ratio. Ok, so he is not spectacular, but he grinds out a result for us and works very hard.

Both Bowery and Helenius need to see this as their opportunity to get into the first team. Both need to step up to the plate and give it their best shot. This could be the making of either of them.

The FA cup game again Sheff could be an interesting opportunity to start both of them.

Where have I said we need another striker? Try your best to read the posts.

You argued that Lambert might 'have to' sign one just because Kozak is injured.

Jonno has explained himself just fine but I'd like to back him up if I may, this is indeed the exact reason why many people avoid the main forum these days. It seems to boil down to an inability to read and comprehend English.

The most worrying thing is if Lambert has to spend the rest of his budget on another striker, just when we are looking to add a bit of quality at the back or in the middle of the park.

He doesn't 'have to' though. He has five strikers at his disposal.
Nursey has quoted Lambert as saying he needs to buy another striker.
That's really dissapointing and I think serious questions need to be asked. We have 6 strikers at the club that can play down the middle. 4 of them signed by Lambert and 2 kept by Lambert. If losing an average one of them means having to buy another one then you have to question his decision making. You can't on the one hand defend him because of financial constraints and then not have an issue with this. Also what does it say about him tactically that he can't cope? What's the long term implication of having another striker on the books? Will that limit what we can do if we have to replace benteke in the summer? Does it effect any plan for helenius next year?

If we can't survive without someone as average as kozak then IMO Lambert is not the man some think he is.

I'm not Lambert's biggest fan but I'm 100% confident we could handle this. For a start, drop weimman for albrighton and that leaves us with a back up striker on the bench. Yes weimman hasn't scored as many as kozak but I'd guess if he wasn't out wide or tracking back he may well have benefitted from more gifted goals.

Edited by Big_John_10

Absolutely gutted for the kid.

Some of the criticism of him has been born out of sheer frustration and has been way over the top.

He's done well considering he's a young lad coming to the Premier League from another country. In a struggling team to boot.

4 goals. Let's just say over the season he had converted that into 8 or 9 overall. That would've been a very decent first season considering his role from the bench and occasional starter.

Talking about replacements I actually think we'd be best off playing Benteke and Gabby up front together from now on with Weimann, Helenius and Bowery as back ups. We need some new quality to come into the wide positions.

I said it was worrying if he has to, which was based on quotes from the man himself, who surprisingly has the final say in these matters.

Given I am worried that he seems to be going in this direction is hardly an argument for the case is it.

Fair enough. Apologies for misunderstanding. Time for a caffeine-boost...

Edited by Isa

If we do buy another striker we could have nine strikers at the club at the end of the season.

One more and with Guzan we could field a team of strikers which would fly in the face of comparisons to Mcleish.

• Like 1

Libor has contributed to nine points this season, such a huge blow for the lad and us.

And what about the games he's played awful and we've got little from the game. Hull (a) spurs (h) Stoke (a) palace (h) and away to west brom 2-0 down until he was replaced.

The most worrying thing is if Lambert has to spend the rest of his budget on another striker, just when we are looking to add a bit of quality at the back or in the middle of the park.

He doesn't 'have to' though. He has five strikers at his disposal.
Nursey has quoted Lambert as saying he needs to buy another striker.
That's really dissapointing and I think serious questions need to be asked. We have 6 strikers at the club that can play down the middle. 4 of them signed by Lambert and 2 kept by Lambert. If losing an average one of them means having to buy another one then you have to question his decision making. You can't on the one hand defend him because of financial constraints and then not have an issue with this. Also what does it say about him tactically that he can't cope? What's the long term implication of having another striker on the books? Will that limit what we can do if we have to replace benteke in the summer? Does it effect any plan for helenius next year?

If we can't survive without someone as average as kozak then IMO Lambert is not the man some think he is.

I'm not Lambert's biggest fan but I'm 100% confident we could handle this. For a start, drop weimman for albrighton and that leaves us with a back up striker on the bench. Yes weimman hasn't scored as many as kozak but I'd guess if he wasn't out wide or tracking back he may well have benefitted from more gifted goals.

Weimann couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo at the moment, wherever he shoots from. that's the worry for some.

Striker options

Weimann see above

Benteke 4 goals, confidence low, injured twice already, hopefully can regain last seasons form

Gabby   3 goals, running into form, has been injured suspended

Bowery no goals, inexperienced, unproven.

Helenius see above

Robinson see above 

So having a back up striker who has also scored 4 goals so far out for the season won't be a problem?

Mmmmmmmmm.

I am really gutted for Libor. 4 goals in 8 starts is a pretty good ratio.

If you're just including starts surely its not fair to include a goal he scored coming off the bench.

Well, I thought it was a cool stat and made me realise the contribution he has made to us, despite all the negativity towards him on here...

• Like 1

I said it was worrying if he has to, which was based on quotes from the man himself, who surprisingly has the final say in these matters.

Given I am worried that he seems to be going in this direction is hardly an argument for the case is it.

Fair enough. Apologies for misunderstanding. Time for a caffeine-boost...
No worries
  • Like 1

Libor has contributed to nine points this season, such a huge blow for the lad and us.

And what about the games he's played awful and we've got little from the game. Hull (a) spurs (h) Stoke (a) palace (h) and away to west brom 2-0 down until he was replaced.
Whilst most fans realise that he is no messi, we've all taken to him due to his effort and instant passion for the fans and club. He has come in and scored goals helping us pick up points when we haven't had our best team available. This is a big blow for us. He is very capable of coming on and scoring a goal when we need something different.

I don't understand why in this situation you have chosen to rubbish kozak again and spout your gifted goals nonsense and at the same time with other posters try to ruin another thread by turning it into another Lambert bashing bore fest.

Get well soon libor! I for one will miss having you about.

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 4

Whilst most fans realise that he is no messi, we've all taken to him due to his effort and instant passion for the fans and club. He has come in and scored goals helping us pick up points when we haven't had our best team available. This is a big blow for us. He is very capable of coming on and scoring a goal when we need something different.

I don't understand why in this situation you have chosen to rubbish kozak again and spout your gifted goals nonsense and at the same time with other posters try to ruin another thread by turning it into another Lambert bashing bore fest.

Get well soon libor! I for one will miss having you about.

Try reading. How have I bashed Lambert? I'm the only one who thinks he's able to cope with this.

I'm questioning him if he goes and buys another striker considering he's already signed 4.

Edited by Big_John_10

Â